Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .

Dec 27, 2012, 7:43 PM

are not giving us a snowballs chance in hell to win. And, if you think about it, based on what the two teams have accomplished lately, they have some reason to be confident. But boy are they smug !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? We could blow a game to Bama just as good as them***

Dec 27, 2012, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But could we have won in College Station?

Dec 27, 2012, 8:27 PM

We know we couldn't beat USC.

Re: Why? We could blow a game to Bama just as good as them***

Dec 27, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Why? We could blow a game to Bama just as good as them*** ]

Eh y'all would get beat by 30+.

Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .

Dec 27, 2012, 7:49 PM

It is just how LSU fans are. They take everything to the extreme. Either they are going to destroy the opponent or they are going to get destroyed. That is an LSU fans perspective on every game.

So don't take it personally.

Dec 27, 2012, 9:33 PM

The Tiger Rant isn't a good representation of the LSU fanbase.

Remember when we didn't give WVU a chance in h3ll

Dec 27, 2012, 7:52 PM

looked how that turned out for us

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Remember when we didn't give WVU a chance in h3ll

Dec 27, 2012, 7:54 PM

That happened because WV had a great offense and Clemson had a bad defense. There was no reason to not have given WV a chance in that game.

but people (including myself) were saying we would walk all

Dec 27, 2012, 7:58 PM

over them, plus it doesn't help they scored on the same play 5 times

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: but people (including myself) were saying we would walk all

Dec 27, 2012, 8:03 PM

But what I am saying is that there is no logical reason to have counted them out based on the match up. With LSU and Clemson, there is a good defense vs. a good offense. It just depends on which you think is better.

If LSU shuts down Clemson's offense, which is very possible, there is a good chance LSU wins.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:07 PM

Yeah I tried cruising the LSU board earlier, but I couldn't seem to get past the "TigerDroppings.com" part. A bunch of Tiger Droppings they are, LOL.

Seriously though, LSU fans may think that they are just the cream of the crop, but you show me a decent team, other than South Carolina, that they beat this year.

Their only wins against Top 25 teams came against Mississippi State, who was #21 at the time, and who is a terrible excuse for a SEC school, and Texas A&M. A&M was #18 at the time.

Many people may say that TAMU is a Top 10 team, but other than beating Alabama, who have they knocked off? The only other Top 25 teams that they beat were Mississippi State, lol, Louisiana Tech, ROFL, and Alabama, a fluke by anyone's standards.

Texas A&M lost to both Florida and LSU, and racked up their wins against a sub-par SEC West. Auburn was no good, Arkansas was no good, and Ole Miss is still a joke, going to the last game to reach bowl eligibility.

So, I guess my point is, that while LSU fans may be beating their chests because they are LSU and they are in the SEC, what other credentials do they bring to the table?

Clemson, though, has not performed well at all against Top 25 programs, losing to FSU and South Carolina. The only Top 25 that we beat all year was Auburn, and they ended up being a train wreck this season.

The bright spot for us is that while LSU has a solid defense overall, they do not have the same caliber on the defensive front that BOTH the Gamecocks AND the Seminoles have. As a matter of fact, Maryland of all teams, believe it or not, statistically performs better on defense than LSU. So, Clemson has played three top tier defenses, and the one they beat was weak up front.

As long as the offensive line can hold their own against an overrated LSU defensive line, then Tajh is more than capable of dominating the LSU secondary, and Sammy and Nuk can have big big nights.

It's time to do some chest pounding of our own people!

This is a terrible post

Dec 27, 2012, 8:30 PM

Alabama is the defending national champion and a 9.5 point favorite in this year's championship game. Does A&M have to beat the Falcons to earn your respect?

Re: This is a terrible post

Dec 27, 2012, 9:30 PM

No, but they could have played a decent game against Florida or LSU.

Just saying. Lol.

Re: This is a terrible post

Dec 27, 2012, 9:36 PM

Oh so you're saying since LSU outplayed them it means A&M "had a bad game". People like you are obnoxious.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . . ]

Who has Clem5on beat?

I mean you have solid wins against Ball State, Furman, Auburn, and 7 worthless ACC teams. The best ACC win was NC State and they got beat by Tennessee who fired their coach after their crappy season. The Tennessee fan base wasn't impressed with beating NC State as the Clemson fan base seems to be with that game.

Re: Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .

Dec 27, 2012, 8:19 PM

Why do you say "other than South Carolina"? Why would you take that away from them? They beat SC, Texas a&m, and Mississippi State, and it took an amazing last minute drive for Alabama to escape with a win in a game LSU was dominating.

And I think LSU has room to talk considering in the past 10 years they have been to 3 national championships, and won two of them. They were in the NC game just last year.

And how can you compare Maryland to LSU? They aren't playing anywhere close to the same caliber of competition.

Compare LSU to South Carolina's defense in SEC games if you want a more true comparison.

Also, LSU had many injuries, and those players will be returning for the bowl game. LSU's defense is better than Alabama's in my opinion. He'll, LSU's MLB, Kevin Minter, has better stats than Manti Te'o.

They are loaded with NFL talent.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:34 PM

I'm not taking anything away from them. They beat South Carolina, but I want you to show me just one more quality win.

My point is that LSU is hyped as this amazing team, and if you begin to peel away the layers of the onion you will find that their 10-2 record is just as hollow as Clemson's.

Everybody knows that Steve Spurrier and South Carolina beat themselves in the game against LSU. I watched it from whistle to whistle, and I know for a fact that the South Carolina team that failed against LSU was not the same team that had beaten Georgia the week before, or the same team that showed up in Clemson.

It's not that I think A&M is no good, but if we base our reasoning on facts rather than opinions, then it is easy to conclude that they are not as good as the pundits make them out to be, and neither is LSU.

I'm a Clemson fan through and through, but I too see the flaws that we have. I'm not blind and I don't mind admitting our weaknesses, but I'm also not going to give a team like LSU an excuse to further swell their heads when they are already overrated as it is.

Sure LSU has a few titles under their belt, and yes they played in the championship game last season. That was still last season. This year they are relegated to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and while they are a worthy team and will play well, they are not last year's team. They are not the SEC champs, they are not playing in the BCS Championship Game, and they are not good enough to do either... this year.

I'll keep pounding my chest, you can keep pounding LSU's. I'll still be a CLEMSON Tiger when all is said and done!

Dec 27, 2012, 8:37 PM

it is simply amazing to me that our internet fans can not believe that lsu fans would dare think they will beat us. how dare they.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did SC beat themselves against LSU?

Dec 27, 2012, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . . ]

Everybody knows that Steve Spurrier and South Carolina beat themselves in the game against LSU. I watched it from whistle to whistle, and I know for a fact that the South Carolina team that failed against LSU was not the same team that had beaten Georgia the week before, or the same team that showed up in Clemson.

We dominated that game...we gave up what was in essence a pick 6 (they got the ball on our 4), and a late TD that made the game seem closer than it was. We shut down their run (with Lattimore) and just ran it down their throats.
One of the reasons LSU fans are confident is the difference in physicality between the two teams. We dominated them physically and wore them out...they did the same thing to Clemson. We have superior depth and we will be healthier than we have been all year.

Dec 27, 2012, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . . ]

LSU beat two teams currently in the top 10. Clemson hasn't beaten anyone in the top 25. And you absolutely are taking away from them.

I don't think that is true at all.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:26 PM

My impression is they just don't care - win or lose. But like you said, they have reason to feel that way about this game.

Re: Re: Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .

Dec 27, 2012, 8:43 PM

LSU beat 2 teams currently in the top 10. Clemson hasn't even beaten 1 team in the top 25. So how is LSU's record as hollow as Clemson's? Plus, LSU took a last minute drive for #1 Alabama to beat LSU in a game LSU was dominating. Alabama didn't even have one passing yard or first down in the entire second half until the last drive.

IF LSU stopped Alabama on that last drive like they should have, and were capable of, LSU would have been in the SEC championship game instead of Alabama, and could have been playing for the NC against Notre Dame.

Re: Re: Re: Re: been cruising the LSU boards and they . . .

Dec 27, 2012, 8:48 PM

And I know that is a couple of "if's", but I'm trying to show you how that one drive meant the difference between National championship and chick fil a bowl for LSU.

LSU is one of the top teams in the country and could compete HARD in a playoff against the top teams in college football. They are up there with Alabama, notre dame, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, etc.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic