Topic: YoutubeTV and Amazon
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 4, 2019 5:16 PM by: tiggerz04®
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

YoutubeTV and Amazon

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2019 11:07 AM

My Amazon Fire TV received an update this week and has now included YoutubeTV as an available app.

Prior to this, google and amazon were at odds and were not crossing over any of their live tv options.

Apparently they have decided to play nice which is great for me.

I switched to YoutubeTV recently but was limited to just one tv because my Amazon devices did not have access.

My house is now back to having all tvs fully functioning with all services that I pay for.

Not sure if this affects anyone else, but prior to this update this was maybe the only negative toward YoutubeTV which has now been resolved.

Re: YoutubeTV and Amazon

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2019 12:03 PM

Good to hear. Thanks!

We had switched back to using Chromecast on a couple tvs and the apple tv in the main room, but I strongly prefer the Firestick over Chromecast.

2020 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2019 4:08 PM

The Roku Ultra is better than either of the others!

2020 orange level member

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 5:16 PM

I have Roku's on all my tv's, but purchased a Roku TV for my covered deck. Excellent quality and very fairly priced as well.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

And this is why many of us went with Roku devices...

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 4:10 PM

Completely independent of Amazon and Google. I suspect that Amazon and Google will once again tangle on something...then lookout Fire and Chromecast users.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 4:50 PM

You could get a Roku. My sister was switching to YouTube TV but had a Firestick. Ended up getting a Roku. No sense in hoping Amazon and Google stay cool.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
836 people have read this post