Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as

Jan 16, 2018, 2:47 PM

carolina. Possibly more. They will be much more relevant to our success on the national level in the years to come. Even if we don't play them during the season we'll meet them in the post season eventually. Then you'll see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as

Jan 16, 2018, 2:48 PM

Truth. Next to FSU, those are our true football rivals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Carolina really isn't a rival we just hate them

Jan 16, 2018, 5:16 PM

truth be told in most years they don't belong on the same field as Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Carolina really isn't a rival we just hate them

Jan 16, 2018, 6:17 PM

Those pitiful little chickens, we shouldn't pick on them, they're such a sad little bunch. But as I've stated previously, I've hated uga with a purple passion since 1980-81-82 era.

That would be Scar. He clearly said Carolina. Must be talkin

Jan 17, 2018, 9:17 AM

Tarhole basketball and leghumper football.

ywia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 16, 2018, 2:51 PM

Wait who doesn't hate UGA?

Grew up in Ga can't stand them dawgs

Jan 16, 2018, 2:55 PM

They are also our recruiting rivals. USuCk has been irrelevant for some time now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since 1892***

Jan 16, 2018, 4:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Jan 16, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

Dont know if im still a youngun (mid 30's) but I hate'em always have always will. Gameday vs thUGA at Clemson a few years back was a fun(but soooo long) night! Think we got back to greenville around 515 am.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 2:55 PM

I couldn't believe how many people were pulling for UGA over Alabama. Does no one remember the NCAA disallowing Clemson and Georgia to ever play against each other again back in the day?

Jan 16, 2018, 3:38 PM

I hadn't heard this. I thought both schools mutually agreed to discontinue the rivalry because of increasingly awful fan behavior.

NO! VINCE DOOLEY decided to discontinue

Jan 16, 2018, 5:15 PM

the series. Came up with lame excuses.
Real reason- Clemson had become their equal. (or better as we think!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO! VINCE DOOLEY decided to discontinue

Jan 16, 2018, 6:06 PM

This is the correct answer!!!!

The SEC mandated Schools to play an extra conference game

Jan 16, 2018, 6:48 PM

With expansion. UGA already had a home & home with Tech and didn’t want to give up the remaining two patsy Home games. Teams also then only played 11 regular season games.

But yeah, if you live in Georgia you’ll learn to hate the Dawgs. By far to me the Team I want to beat the most.

Re: NO! VINCE DOOLEY decided to discontinue

Jan 17, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to NO! VINCE DOOLEY decided to discontinue ]

DING DING DING DING DING.....We have a winner!! Correct. Eff Vince Dooley.

Screw Calford.

Jan 16, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

> I couldn't believe how many people were pulling for
> UGA over Alabama. Does no one remember the NCAA
> disallowing Clemson and Georgia to ever play against
> each other again back in the day?

When did this happen? I cant find anything on it on the interwebs..

Jan 16, 2018, 3:05 PM

As much as I didn’t want to hear anything about Alabama winning another title, what I didn’t want to happen more was Georgia winning it. That would have been like us claiming the title in 30+ years and it will hurt our recruiting somewhat.

That said, I can’t imagine I would hate them more than SCar.

Jan 16, 2018, 3:25 PM

I was pulling for

Jan 16, 2018, 10:59 PM

Atlanta was too close for such a large weapon, might have taken out tiger town.

Jan 16, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

Go to one game between the hedges, that will answer all the questions. They were also insufferable as guests, just fewer of them.

Jan 16, 2018, 3:33 PM

Truly a deplorable fan base...a lot of people do not realize that..:

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 16, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

I've been there before, as a Clemson band member no less.

The UGA fans were extremely welcoming and courteous. By far the most welcoming fan base we've ever experienced in Tiger Band.
There was one rather large redneck woman in a UGA shirt that chased our busses down the road barking incessantly, but that was the only notable moment.

Their stadium did smell like a sewer though. But the fans were nice.

Jan 16, 2018, 4:54 PM

Go back outside of the band grouping and you youwill have an entirely different experience and concept of the UGA fanbase. I promise you that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

They are awful. Vandalized my car on more than one occasion. Try to start fights. Sit behind you in the stadium and lean down to incessantly bark in your ear. Made many trips to Athens. The good fans were hard to find.

Was wondering who “the fan” was that had a good experience.

Jan 16, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

Thanks for posting!

just go to a game in Athens

Jan 16, 2018, 3:38 PM

or live or Georgia or experienced the games with them in the 80s. Loved that ending of the natty game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

No one beats USuCk as this Tigers fan's most hated rival.

Jan 16, 2018, 4:17 PM

Nor will the dawgs ever usurp that spot. I'm glad Georgia lost only because I didn't want to hear the dawg fans barking after our abysmal loss. But this notion that Georgia winning spells doom and gloom for Clemson's program is just bad TNetting. I say bring em on. Competition brings out the best in us. ...You'll see!:)

Doesn't mean doom & gloom but does affect us

Jan 16, 2018, 5:44 PM

UGA's success certainly wouldn't result in us returning to the mediocrity of Hatfield, West, Bowden era, but it would affect recruiting. There's no doubt that our #1 rival in terms of recruiting is UGA. Just look at how many players just in this past year ended up picking between Clemson and UGA. Just off the top of my head there was Trevor Lawrence, Zamir White, Cade Mays, and Jamaree Salyer. I know that we were finalists for at least 2 or 3 more of UGA's signees this year as well.

There's no way that they will ever be as big as a rival overall as USCjr, but with the number of recruits that we battle head to head against them, we could easily bring in a couple more blue chip recruits per year if they signed with us instead. I think our chances of signing those players increases if the Dawgs were to have a few bad years in a row. We could possibly lose a head to head recruiting battle that we would otherwise win if they continue to compete for championships.

where's this idea that young Clemson people

Jan 16, 2018, 5:00 PM

Like Georgia coming from?

Re: where's this idea that young Clemson people

Jan 16, 2018, 5:14 PM

not a young CU fan, but have always liked uga, like us they teach lots of ag and they also take our grads into the vet program, plus I have lots of current/former friends/coworkers that were uga grads

You would if you lived in Georgia!***

Jan 16, 2018, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 5:51 PM

You may hate UGA more than you hate SC, but you sure as hell respect them more.

You respect them more....

Jan 16, 2018, 6:10 PM

Honestly, that is why there is a very big difference between them and Usuck. We laugh at Usuck because they have always been and always will be losers, and are really Clemson wannabes. Then they just make stuff up to explain away our success and their greatness which is "cycling in". I was at Clemson in the late 70s, when our rivalry with UGA was in full force, and there was a healthy respect there the way you respect someone who goes toe to toe with you every game. It wouldn't be smart not to have a healthy respect for them, and I can't imagine anybody laughing at them. Like em or not, they are to be taken seriously. That being said, I really, really do not like them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe but that ain't sayin much chief

Jan 16, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

Hey shouldn't you be busy dusting off that old crystal trophy from 1980? It still looks nice with the right lighting I bet.

Re: Maybe but that ain't sayin much chief

Jan 16, 2018, 6:24 PM

Another reminder of UGA's last title. How insightful. I get it......UGA last won a title in 1980, Clemson in 2016. Congrats. Even as a fan of an SEC I was pulling for Dabo and the Tigers so I'm glad they won. Hopefully the Dawgs get another soon.

"Fan of an SEC"

Jan 17, 2018, 8:41 AM

I hope you meant "fan of an SEC team" and NOT "fan of the SEC." That is some dirtpecker nonsense to be a fan of a conference. People need to cheer for their team and only their team.

Snowflake Basher........Out

this is true***

Jan 17, 2018, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: You younguns will learn to hate Georgia every bit as much as ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Back in '95

Jan 16, 2018, 6:20 PM

We were driving up from Atlanta to Clemson to go to game; wife, our 3 kids and my sister in law. It was either the day of the game or day before. A lot of Clemson cars on the road, and of course a bunch of dawgs. We had our flags on our car, and just heading up 85 North.

A van pulls up beside us with a bunch of drunk dawgs in it, and as they pass us, they are yelling, shooting birds, etc. To a car with me driving (paying no attention to them and in no way provoking anything)... two adult women and three kids.

They pull in front of us, and have to slow down, so I pulled back around them. Again, they yell... and pull in behind me.

In a little while, they pull up along side of us, the van door opens and there are two big Georgia Butts shining out of the door mooning us. My wife and sister in law needless to say are shocked. The kids asking why they were doing that....

Actually it was kind of funny, but also not so unbelievable... some class... lol

Not surprised at all!***

Jan 17, 2018, 9:07 AM

Re: Back in '95

Jan 17, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Back in '95 ]

Cl-assy.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic