»
Topic: You would think the NBA, NFL etc
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 18, 2019 8:45 AM by: Orange Lightning
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

You would think the NBA, NFL etc

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 11:08 PM

Would require their “employees” to have a college degree. Pay schedules of that magnitude and the representation of the team should mean something. I don’t get it

Re: You would think the NBA, NFL etc

[1]
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 11:32 PM

like the founders of Apple and Microsoft?

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 12:02 AM

don't forget about the guy that founded Dell as well.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 8:03 AM

Larry Ellison of Oracle, Ted Turner, Henry Ford, John D Rockefeller, David Geffen, founders on In N Out Burger, etc etc.

2019 white level member

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 4:25 AM

Not at all ..... There are many very competent people who don't have a degree ..... There are many jobs which don't require the type of skills that a degree implies ..... Whilst we're at it, there are also many people with degrees, whose only skill is the ability to show academic prowess in that particular subject or speciality, and are totally unsuited to the "real world" and the workplace.

And there may be some genius out there who could watch

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 4:38 AM

a few YouTube videos and then do heart surgery! I don't it would be legal without that degree, though!

2019 white level member

You would think the President

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 7:16 AM

Of the USA could spell. He sent Pelosi a letter and did not spell madam correctly. He said "madame" He tweeted and did not spell country correctly. He had to over ride his spell check to do that. Countrynty haha

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 8:45 AM

I know a guy that I admire and respect that basically cleaned our office as his part-time job. He did not have a real good education, but the guy could answer almost any question about sports. Who played 3rd base for the Yankees in 1957, and he would answer immediately, and give you some history about the guy. He was invited to the Jim Rome (?) show in New York for his Trivia show, but failed to make the final cut. They paid for his entire trip to come there based on his expertise in sports. Weird. I haven't seen the guy but once in 20 years but we still communicate often, especially during football season.

LOL - he invited me to play trivia with his team at some bar in Charlotte, and I was humbled as I managed to answer maybe 1 question, while he answered almost every question. My degree did not help me that night. :)

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: If you are interested in selling your tickets, please email. We will buy and pay everything up front...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
433 people have read this post