Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor!

Dec 19, 2018, 10:07 AM

Is UGA's new recruiting pitch. Here's Nolan Smith with a nice new ride into Athens.

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$60,000 truck.. that seems normal***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $60,000 truck.. that seems normal***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

They couldn't throw some 35's on there for him? Come on UGA, step it up.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:35 AM

That would make it look like they were cheating.

Dec 19, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to $60,000 truck.. that seems normal*** ]

I think a new Raptor might be a little more than $60,000. The base model I guess, but new fully loaded ones start at about 70-75k

Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor!

Dec 19, 2018, 10:41 AM

Wow, and this situation isn't anywhere near what XT had to deal with, his car was 17-18k max and his parents got it for him. This truck is 60k minimum and sometimes more depending on dealer and options. no way... I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to afford my 2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS I'm getting which is 50k.

dude get a Cayman S. you won't regret it

Dec 19, 2018, 10:45 AM

I had a 2013 boxster S and it was the best handling piece of art you could imagine.

had to get rid of it though, #### kids

Re: dude get a Cayman S. you won't regret it

Dec 19, 2018, 10:49 AM

I wish but I need the space and it will be our only car for a bit. The goal is to get a boxster gts in 2-3 years

the boxster GTS has beautiful side view mirrors on it

Dec 19, 2018, 10:58 AM

go for the PDK transmission, it's an engineering marvel

Re: the boxster GTS has beautiful side view mirrors on it

Dec 19, 2018, 11:12 AM

Do not approve...

Manual or you might as well own a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and glue a fake badges to it.

Granted, it is good engineering but it removes the soul/enthusiast core of the vehicle. Any 5-speed Scion/Hyundai is instantly more interesting than anything with a PDK.

Sincerely someone who has 2 manuals in the drive and a Mrs that is inept with three pedals.

have you driven one? it's formula 1 technology. It rips

Dec 19, 2018, 11:23 AM

into the next gear with kinetic force. I love manuals too but the car is much faster with the PDK..

Mitsubishi eclipse my ###. it was an $87,000 car.

don't knock it until you try it. It's the best dual clutch transmission out there.

Re: have you driven one? it's formula 1 technology. It rips

Dec 19, 2018, 1:07 PM

Not just driven, tracked.

Still, unless your livelihood is based on competitive driving, the PDK is inferior for any road/track driving enthusiast. 3 pedals or go home. Plus, for DD, does the shift time matter for a canyon carving session? Nope. You not going to get anywhere (legally) within the limits of the car so that PDK is useless (save for letting you text, eat a cheese burger, nap). It is a much better thing to have a underpowered 140bhp, 2195lbs Japanese three-pedal option as you can drive those near their limits legally. If you are physically unable to row your own, then i can give that a pass but any other person should not be ordering the cars configured this way. Putting a PDK into a car makes it irrelevant. Thus any PDK/auto makes it a Mitzu commuter box. I would take any 3 pedal econobox over any "supercar" with an 'auto'.

Formula 1 "tech" is inverse for making a good driver's car. This has been an issue since Ferrari kept trying it for their cars... it does not work (see the F50 as the prime example). If you say "because racecar" and the purpose of that car is not to race, then it is a lot cause.

Plus Juan

Dec 19, 2018, 1:17 PM

Either youre shifting your own gears, or your not. If youre not, youre basically a driving glove wearing sissy boy.

Re: Plus Juan

Dec 19, 2018, 5:06 PM

It's 2018, automatics shift faster and smoother than manuals now so unless you want to stretch out both calves there's not a real reason to get a manual despite a personal preference.

it literally has an extra gear. The look on a 911 owners

Dec 19, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: have you driven one? it's formula 1 technology. It rips ]

face when you torch them is what it's about to me.

rowing the gears is great fun but it doesn't do much extra for me in a canyon carving session..

Dec 19, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: have you driven one? it's formula 1 technology. It rips ]

Eh, I love driving a manual but today's manuals are not much more engaging than a PDK, especially considering that they will automatically revmatch down shifts for you.

PDK is very engaging especially if you have sport chrono and have it in Sport Plus, the shifts feel quick and snappy and are amazing to drive. I used to work at a Porsche dealer and their manuals are some of the best in the in the business but their PDK is the best in the business. Only other manual I had fun with was the Gallardo from 2007 with the gated manual. R8 Gated wasn't all that bad either. but some manual transmissions are flat out terrible (looking at you chevy camaro zl1)

I've tracked plenty of cars and I feel like I have plenty of experience in this category.

agree wholeheartedly. had the sport chrono package and it wa

Dec 19, 2018, 11:36 PM

The most fun I ever had on 4 wheels. I wouldn't mind trying out a Cayman gt4 though.

Dec 19, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: have you driven one? it's formula 1 technology. It rips ]

Did Porsche ever get rid of those pesky intermediate shaft bearings that would suddenly grenade the engine on the Boxsters and Caymans? Just asking for a friend.....

yes, the newer body style with the 3.4 is rock solid

Dec 19, 2018, 11:35 PM

Reliable. Don't know much about the new 4 cylinder turbo version. It's a shame they went away from the 3.4 that sounded so sweet.

Dec 19, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor! ]

ummmm......1 of XT's parents was in jail and the other is a gas station clerk. We probably need to mind our own business on this one. I am 100% on this one. I know its just internet garbage, but check out the players' parking lot before spouting off next time.

Dec 19, 2018, 5:17 PM

Pretty sure XT's STEPdad owns a dealership, so maybe #### coot.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:32 AM

so XT's "StepDad" owns a car dealership (which is not true) and his mother is a gas station attendant. Think about how dumb that is. Would your wife not work at the dealership in some capacity over a $12/an hour gas station job???? Keep your head buried in the sand bud.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor! ]

You realize you just called Ben Boulware a coot?

Dec 19, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor! ]

Are you accounting for the fact that much earlier than signing day almost a year prior, he totaled his F150 worth about the same if not more than used camaro RS he drives now as brand new it's 25k and his is 2012 and older model. Use common sense please.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

I’m sure it probably fell off a truck in front of his uncles girlfriends cousins house with the keys and title in the front seat. Hey it will eventually catch up to ugay. Karma is a b!tch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 11:04 AM

IMG kids are used to this treatment, IMG is a boarding school that costs 6 figures a year so going from their boosters straight to others is a more comfortable move for them I guess.

Dec 19, 2018, 3:56 PM

didnt we send XT to IMG?

Dec 19, 2018, 4:38 PM

IMG has scholarships and financial aid for top athletes, this is known. And I've looked in the players' parking lot, many times, and have never seen anything close to a 60k truck.

Dec 19, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor! ]

Clemson did not send anyone to IMG. It's a non state funded academy and can offer you scholarship, move your family, whatever. But I guess it could be a coincidence techincally that Salyer and Hill's car broke down, Zamir White posting a pic in front of his brand new charger after swaying all his focus to UGA not long after posting pics of his Clemson steering wheel cover on his mid 90s BMW, Cade Mayes parents aquiring large amounts of hunting land near Athens, 5* John Emery stating that he was paid that's why he made the commitment to UGA before backing out a few months later even giving the name of someone on staff in a tweet, and today Nolan Smith posting a video of his brand new raptor on signing day when the past year has been rumored he may flip, players flipping to UGA after just 1 visit after being committed to other power houses even with a large amount of talent in their position already, then state legislation stating they don't have to directly answer to the NCAA about financial issues regarding allocation of money to players which is different from every other school in the NCAA (Kirby's Law), even South Carolina players admitted they were paid well during the Spurrier era at U5C so imagine UGA these days or other powerhouses that magically flip a load of recruits from other top schools after a random visit.... It's possible but is it probable? You make that assumption but there's more than enough evidence to make a valid assumption that things are odd.

Dec 19, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: You get a Ford Raptor! You get a Ford Raptor! ]

Amazing troll job....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol and they will still play 2nd fiddle to Alabama and

Dec 19, 2018, 11:21 AM

not win a national championship

At least they'll beat the coots for the next decade***

Dec 19, 2018, 11:35 AM

This cant make Zamir White happy

Dec 19, 2018, 11:35 AM

All he got was a sedan BMW, used at that

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't the #1 overall recruit

Dec 19, 2018, 11:37 AM

Rumor is there are tiers to the gift$

^^^ Misspelled tires

Dec 19, 2018, 1:20 PM

but not all of the gifts are cars.

Now , now.. Maybe his brother got accepted to UGA Ford Raptor school

Dec 19, 2018, 1:22 PM

And this is really his brother's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: UGAy bagman hard at work.....they did the same thing

Dec 20, 2018, 8:36 AM

with Herschel Walker years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:38 AM

It is really hard for the NCAA to stop these kids getting fancy cars. Too many easy ways to disguise ownership and launder the money paying for them.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:06 PM

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1075366848273752064

Jan 7, 2019, 1:07 AM

I agree. They got fancy cars but I like big ol' truck wheels

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic