»
Topic: You four-teamers....
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 13, 2018 11:02 PM by: partsunknown
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

You four-teamers....

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 9:16 PM

Ever heard of March Madness? How's that working for "destroying" the regular season? Probably the greatest tournament in sports, all kinds of revenues every where, all over the country, in every sector, gives a lot of hope to a lot of teams and cities and creates great interest. Kind of shoots holes in your mysterious idea that an 8 team playoff would somehow de-emphasize and marginalize the regular season. 8 teams now gives all power conferences and all sectors of the country and three at-larges a dog on the fight, and will generate tremendous interest all over, not just parochial areas (SC, Okl, Alabama) and a couple of conferences only.

Go.

I can’t tell if you are just doing a “bit” but your

[4]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 9:20 PM

posts on this topic are oddly antagonistic against those opposed to extending the playoff.

null

Re: You four-teamers....

[4]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 9:44 PM

The college basketball regular season doesn’t matter. You can’t point to a single game and say “that’s the win that got them in/that’s the loss that kept them out.”

And the CFP brings in much more money per school involved than march madness.

I get the bit you’re trying to do, it’s just not a good one.

I bet you like March Madness because of all the crazy upsets, except those do nothing for finding out who the best team is they aren’t purely for entertainment value because those teams still don’t have a legitimate chance to win a championship.

CFP is about finding the best team, not for entertainment. Tons of people are still going to watch anyway.

[4]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 9:46 PM

March Madness has destroyed the regular season of college basketball. Nobody pays attention to the sport until the tournament.

[3]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 9:51 PM

4 teams is just right.

I’m starting to think silvavocati is a Dawg fan.
Me thinks he protests too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

[2]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 10:05 PM

I disagree. I think 4 is perfect. Football is a different animal than basketball or baseball. These kids have already played 13 games, they themselves have said how beatup and tired they are and how glad they are for this 4 week break. They had exams this week. They are still students. Playing 15 games is a lot to ask, which I’m really glad Clemson gets to do, but they don’t need added games

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

[2]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 10:29 PM

The purpose of the 4 team playoff is to find the one national champion, not to create chaos.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 10:33 PM

I don’t see where I said or implied anything about it alluding to chaos

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Eight may be silver, four is GOLD??***

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 10:53 PM

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 11:02 PM

Apples & oranges, a ridiculous analogy

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Two seats row j in section K. North stands, lower section. Price is $1100 per seat. Half now and ha...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
546 people have read this post