Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yes, I'm old, but pretty open-minded when it comes to music.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Yes, I'm old, but pretty open-minded when it comes to music.

Feb 17, 2019, 8:10 PM

But dang, I don't understand the appeal of rap/hiphop!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I'm old, but pretty open-minded when it comes to music.

Feb 17, 2019, 8:19 PM

First 3 words you typed. That said there isn’t much new rap I can rake myself. Swag seems to have taken over talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 8:21 PM

Rap/hip hop does not qualify as music by definition. It has no beauty of form or melody. It is merely ignorant grunting and noise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss the days when rap was all about getting high

Feb 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQEhek500I

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Chronic was a GREAT Album...genres aside***

Feb 17, 2019, 8:50 PM

This is the correct response.***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, I'm old, but pretty open-minded when it comes to music. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

Terrible - nothing smooth about it

You just can't beat the Sugar Hill Gang.................***

Feb 17, 2019, 8:29 PM

Or Fat Boys, Doug E Fresh, UTFO, Newcleus, or the like. I

Feb 17, 2019, 8:36 PM

agree that the new stuff just does not cut it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol Stick Em...what a classic***

Feb 17, 2019, 8:51 PM

YEARS before hip hop there was White Rap

Feb 17, 2019, 8:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeVP9WuA6I

yeah, i can barely tell them apart.***

Feb 17, 2019, 9:17 PM

EPMD / Eric B and Rakim / Beastie Boys

Feb 17, 2019, 8:57 PM

LL Cool J..... some of it is, IMHO, great!
I can see your point of view as well with some of the stuff that's out there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My folks couldn't understand the appeal of Elvis....

Feb 18, 2019, 4:44 AM

much less anything after.

My favorite has been what we called Soul music...like the Motown sound. Groups like the Four Tops, Temptations, etc. Then, my son comes along and likes groups like Tom Petty, Queen, Beastie Boys, etc.

Now, I don't know what the he1l young folks are liking. None of my grands (all of whom drive) ever listen to radio or Sirius when driving or at home, for that matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My music 'collection' spans

Feb 18, 2019, 5:31 AM

Over 60 years...from Ray Charles and Patsy Cline to Disturbed, 5 Finger Death Punch, Incubus and all types in between, BUT...not much of the rap/hip-hop stuff. To me, it's regurgitating other music laid over with the 'artists' own lyrics. I go for creativity and originality. My playlist is pretty schizoid. Don't be surprised to hear James Galway followed by Korn...and then Fogelberg! LOL! And I'm 'Down with the Sickness'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 8:01 AM

I am old, and for me, the definition of music is songs you know the words too and can sing along with.I'll take the 60's anytime.

Man - I’m really getting old when ...

Feb 18, 2019, 9:14 AM

....nostalgia music is old rap/hip hop!! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

late in my career

Feb 18, 2019, 11:19 AM

Of learning to be a Clemson man we had a weekend dance sponsored by the CDA (central dance association) that featured Julie London. Ms. London was considered a lounge singer and I never understood why she performed her type of music for a college crowd but she was really good ..... and rather attractive. If you are old enough you remember her from the popular Marlboro commercials in the early 60’s. Married to Jack Webb of Dragnet fame as I recall. What a sexy voice. I still listen to her Calendar Girl album often! A LOT better than rap!

I can do this too...throughout my career

Feb 18, 2019, 11:43 AM

of learning to be a Clemson man we had weekend parties where we played rap. Rap was considered great to listen to and perfect for a college crowd because it was really good. If you are old enough you remember the old school Snoop and Dre in the early 90s. What great rappers. I still listen to rap often! A LOT better than Julie London!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I can do this too...throughout my career

Feb 18, 2019, 11:55 AM

Good post. You like snoop dog... I like beautiful women. Everyone’s different,

Judy kidding with you pal.

Ah yes - Julie London -

Feb 18, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to late in my career ]

... now there is a singer Forest !! ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Im right with ya...

Feb 18, 2019, 12:51 PM

..I can and do listen to everything, but the stuff my kids play is just terrible. I can see my parents not liking my music, but at least there was singing and talent with the instruments. This rap stuff has none of that; its even less talented than punk rock. I contend that music is at an all time low, cant wait for it to turn around. I wonder what all the people with singing talent are doing these days?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Im right with ya...

Feb 18, 2019, 1:14 PM

"I be balliiiinnnnn". What a terrible(cough) song/ rap. No talent at all. I'm 48, my daughter is 17, that's why I know this dumba$$ song. I do sing it at ballgames tho for a good laugh, I sound about as good as the "artist".

Re: Im right with ya...

Feb 18, 2019, 10:41 PM

I've heard you have a pretty great son with excellent music taste tho

Ah yes, the ol "I hate my kids' music...my parents hated

Feb 18, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Im right with ya... ]

my music but it's different because my music was awesome while my kids' music that I hate sucks" argument.

One word moran...

Feb 18, 2019, 4:02 PM

Kpop

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 18, 2019, 12:53 PM

Yup...you sound old.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take Rap Hip/Hop

Feb 18, 2019, 4:09 PM

Over bro-country any day. Three chords and bad lyrics, it actually hurts my ears to hear FLA/GA Line, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan etc.

And I'm not a Rap hip/hop connoisseur by any means but I hear a lot more creativity in that genre than in bro-country.

Deer Run DMC,

Feb 18, 2019, 4:14 PM

Thank You for reviving our career.

Signed, Aerosmith

Feb 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

Saran, still the best rap act there ever was.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic