Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all are a trip, freaking out over Sarah Fuller like this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Y'all are a trip, freaking out over Sarah Fuller like this

Nov 30, 2020, 12:09 PM

All this girl did was say yes when the Vandy coaches asked her to kick. They're winless, have no men's soccer program and COVID-19 is in full force. That created the perfect storm that led to Vandy asking Sarah to kick, the first time in P5 history that has happened. She was given a chance to make history and shouldn't be crucified for saying yes.

The sport isn't dying, we're not reverting back to participation trophies, women won't be storming the gates to take men's playing time. This wasn't a case of a woman beating several scholarship-holding male athletes for a job; that still hasn't happened yet. Thanks to Sarah Fuller, more girls may try to play, and we may see more girls on teams, but coaches will still run out their best options. I PROMISE. If history continues, that means it will be a man 99.999% of the time. One day a chick might straight up beat some guys for a starting job, and that'll be cool and newsworthy. But it hasn't yet for a reason, so stop clutching your man-parts in fear and posting foolish, unfiltered nonsense on TigerNet. And before you ask "wHaT aBoUt ThE tRaNsGeNdErS", you've been afraid of that without cause for a decade or so now too.

Seriously, y'all are a trip. Got my laughs this morning. The best players will play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong.

Nov 30, 2020, 12:12 PM

People aren’t freaking out about Sarah Fuller.
People are sick of the media going freaking overboard hyping it. Her kick wasn’t that good.
You think maybe the media has some agenda they’re trying to shove down our throats, just like they do on everything everyday?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This is just as stupid as California ...or was it Oregon

Nov 30, 2020, 1:06 PM

that let 2 transgender males compete against girls in track and field. It has gotten to the absurd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud

Nov 30, 2020, 1:12 PM

The transgenders running women's track is absurd. You're right.

I think the OP has a point though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you. The 24-hour news cycle has been a

Nov 30, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Wrong. ]

detriment to true journalism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Lol not in this case, no

If the media is pushing an agenda here, they're doing a terrible job. It took them 151 years of college football to get one girl on the field for a P5 team, and it took all the conditions I posted above. And it doesn't matter what you or I think about this; Sarah Fuller suiting up was a newsworthy event. So oh no, you have to ignore articles about it for a few days! The horror!

You're giving me more laughs over here, man. The worst part about this is the fact we won't make fun of you in three years for freaking out today, when there won't have been any more women playing football, and the sanctity of the sport is fully intact. Let go of your man parts and let Sarah have her kick, which was the squib her coaches told her to do. And gasp, was it not a great kick?! It's almost like Vandy got someone to kick who'd never done it before! No sh*t, Sherlock. Were you expected some rando to come kick 50-yarders when they announced none of their kickers were available? You REALLY need to find something else to be upset about.

Re: Wrong.

I often change the channel or turn down the volume if I don't like the commentators and that has worked for many many years. No need to be a sucker and get emotionally charged up by what someone on TV says.

Well...the media is talking about it

Nov 30, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Wrong. ]

Because it’s kind of a big deal and it’s newsworthy. On a related note...our local HS had a female kicker several years ago. She didn’t have the leg of the male kicker, but was much more accurate on extra points and shorter field goals. She was eventually benched because the male kicker’s dad was an asshat and raised a fuss about his kid losing PT.

With that said, do I foresee female kickers dominating HS or college football...of course not...but all these temper tantrums being thrown by middle-aged (or older) white guys are fun to watch. Seriously, get a grip.

yeah i dont get it

Nov 30, 2020, 12:13 PM

a lady kicked a ball off after half time..the meltdown ensues

Re: yeah i dont get it

Nov 30, 2020, 12:15 PM

Haters gonna hate. They I’ll find something

Re: yeah i dont get it

Nov 30, 2020, 12:16 PM

They will

yayyyyy she got her 15 minutes

Nov 30, 2020, 12:17 PM

and it managed to squeak out 20 yards.. in a game Vandy was getting blown out in. woohoo! stop traffic! girl power! you go girl! seriously just give them the natty... they deserve it so progressive! I'm sure she will win the espy for best story of the year.

A better story would of been watching her attempt to run through the tackles and get blown up. I sure hope that comes one day.

Message was edited by: MidlandsTiger87®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

No one said any of that.

Nov 30, 2020, 12:59 PM

Lol, how insecure do you have to be to be outright offended by a chick getting attention as a kicker on a freaking college football team?

Message removed by Author

Nov 30, 2020, 1:49 PM

Message removed by Author

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

I'm not the one triggered over something that doesn't

Nov 30, 2020, 2:49 PM

affect me.

Haha, carry on. You've got a weird amount of bravado for someone who's so insecure.

Agree....

Nov 30, 2020, 12:18 PM

Who knew one kick could cause such a firestorm. TigerNet is making it a big deal by their 1000 posts about it.

Re: Agree....

Nov 30, 2020, 12:33 PM

As a very well-respected female poster on Tigernet, I would love your take on my post on this topic.

Truth....not sure if the Coach really needed a kicker or had other motives...

Nov 30, 2020, 1:02 PM

Either way....they asked her. She obviously loves her school and agreed.

All that happened after that was planned by the Coach. Maybe she was the best bet. Maybe not?

Folks have no need to be nasty about it. Vandy stinks with or without her. This will not become the norm....just a fluke to go along with the rest of 2020!

Re: Truth....not sure if the Coach really needed a kicker or had other motives...

Nov 30, 2020, 1:08 PM

I completely agree with all of those statements.

Re: Truth....not sure if the Coach really needed a kicker or had other motives...

Nov 30, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Truth....not sure if the Coach really needed a kicker or had other motives... ]

Has anyone considered that coaches are smart enough to protect her by calling for the squib kick? Anything less than a kick out of the back of the end zone and the same idiots on this board crying about something that doesn't affect them at all would be ripping her to pieces.

I'll check it out after work!

Nov 30, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree.... ]

??

Re: Agree....

Nov 30, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Agree.... ]

If you pay attention to who is complaining, its the same group of people that are shook to death because others are getting opportunities in this country previously not afforded to them. For some reason, they are scared that something is being taken away from them.

Repeat

Nov 30, 2020, 12:18 PM

Indeed

Nov 30, 2020, 12:22 PM

I keep reading "I guarantee they could find somebody better", and I wonder if they've actually realized this is Vandy in the midst of Covid we're talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look at it this way. Sarah Fuller playing in a P5

Nov 30, 2020, 12:56 PM

football game has on influence on my life. Happy for her but my life is still going and hasn't changed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

END WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE!

Nov 30, 2020, 12:58 PM

They shouldn't have to get free suffrage any more than us boys! Tired of the privilege!!!

Snowflakes ruined everything!!!!

Re: Y'all are a trip, freaking out over Sarah Fuller like this

Nov 30, 2020, 1:00 PM

If the Clemson women's basketball team had a COVID outbreak and were down to 7 players, should they be allowed to ask men from the intramural league to play for them?

Sure why not?

Nov 30, 2020, 1:01 PM

Then snowflakes wouldn't be able to complain. Win-win for everyone.

Nov 30, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all are a trip, freaking out over Sarah Fuller like this ]

Nah, for the next two games they'd just wait until the opposing team travelled to Clemson before cancelling the game hours before tipoff.

They could recruit at the new LGBTQXYZ-only center for a replacement***

Nov 30, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all are a trip, freaking out over Sarah Fuller like this ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 30, 2020, 2:05 PM

I don’t care if a girl kicks if she earned it and He is actually better at kicking but On a kick off that team will be playing 10 against 11 giving them a disadvantage because she will be order to get off the field as soon as she kicks it and on field goals and extra points there’s a chance she could get hurt as well.

My problem is with the media making it out to be something bigger than it is. Girls have kicked in high school and other levels of college for years. And I definitely don’t have a problem with girls kick in high school or lower levels of college football, but at the power five level you can’t have a weak link like that on your football team.

My biggest problem is the fact that it’s done to be a publicity stunt it’s done to virtue signal!

In this particular case what I really feel sad for her about is the fact that she’s on Twitter acting like she earned it!

Nov 30, 2020, 2:39 PM

Tell all the women who will lose scholarships to Transgenders...

Such as? Got any names?***

Nov 30, 2020, 4:28 PM

Nov 30, 2020, 3:21 PM

I feel sorry for this poor girl. She did not ask to do this, they asked her. She is a terrific soccer player and agreed to help out a weak football team. She could have gone home and enjoyed Thanksgiving with her family, but she stayed to help her school. Everyone on here always jokingly says, "that's someone's daughter!" Well, she is someone's daughter and I am sure they are proud of her accomplishments. I am fairly sure they won't be reading Tigernet, but if they did, I would be totally embarrassed by what many are saying about her. You don't know her, yet you assume she was doing this for the accolades. Maybe she is, but I won't make that assumption.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic