Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Thomas got 6 snaps vs Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,227

Xavier Thomas got 6 snaps vs Miami

Oct 21, 2020, 7:55 PM

and boy did he looked DOG tired after 3 of them. He definitely looked heavy and lethargic. Can't blame him though. I know personally what's like to recover from Covid. It can be brutal.

He got 20 snaps vs GT (which is a huge increase in 1 week) and managed to look about the same, maybe a touch better.

With Syracuse this weekend, it's likely he could get another 15-20 snaps. Maybe the same amount the next weekend vs BC.

You'd like to think he would be ready to give a really good 10-12 snaps vs Notre Dame, 2 1/2 weeks from now.

Y'all agree??

I'd like to think, 4-6 weeks from now, he will be a little bit lighter & little bit stronger. If all goes well, I think he could be near 90% for the ACC Championships and 100% by the playoffs. Really would be great to see him in top form in the post season!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XT could go pro after this year. So,

Oct 21, 2020, 8:03 PM

This is a defacto "free agent" year! He could really make himself some money with a strong showing the last half of this season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lost season for XT IMHO

Oct 21, 2020, 10:11 PM

NFL is not seeking a 3rd string DE even from Clemson. XT will be back next year if he wants a shot at NFL. But can he beat out Murphy, Mascoll, KJ and possibly Justin Hunter returning? I doubt it but wish him the best. May be a graduate transfer IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XT will def be back next year.

Oct 22, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to XT could go pro after this year. So, ]

He's in no shape to be coming out this year.

If anything, seeing him another 2 years is more likely.

He's going to need to stay in school. get healthier, get stronger. Call me crazy, but I could see him being used in a middle linebacker scheme some point in the future if he can get down to about 260 and work on his hips/turning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas got 6 snaps vs Miami

Oct 21, 2020, 8:05 PM

A little bit of Thomas goes a long ways in our defensive schemes. While we need him back playing full time the snaps he plays gives his teammates a break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 8:39 PM

Very true! I think we will really need him if we are so "graced" to play Alabama! You have to have a pass rush off the edge. Jones can run; but isn't Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson when he does.

A healthy XT who could pressure the pocket and make him throw it before he really gets his feet set would go a long way.

Long season and lots of things could happen though! And, like you said, if nothing else he gives us depth so we can get guys a rest!

100% Right

Oct 22, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas got 6 snaps vs Miami ]

If the Defense plays 60 snaps in a game, and XT give us 15-20 really good snaps, that just makes Murphy that much better for their 30-40.

What we also need is Foster to get healthy in the next few weeks for a little depth. I don't mind it now b/c Murphy, Henry and Mascoll are getting quality snaps and learning the position, but it would be nice to have his experience back on the field in another week or two.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:53 PM

When all these starters start starting somebody is gonna be a hurting buckaroo...

Oct 21, 2020, 9:03 PM

I told people had we won it last year - TL16 would go down as the best ever! We were really a good football team last year - not as good in the DL interior as you would have liked but serviceable(Davis is more than serviceable).
You can't just look at the skill positions - look at a bunch of our new starters this year and the amount of game reps they had. Many of these guys logged about 4 to 5 games worth of minutes! That's huge! They also go against some of the best offenses or defenses in the country daily! I thought this season the cumulative team would be better than last season "last season"! So far, so good!

If XT and Justyn Ross can come back and play to their potential - put a bow on it and ship it FEDEX.

XT's health going forward is a barometer for Clemson and CFB

Oct 21, 2020, 9:00 PM

I hope he will get healthy and back to chasing down QBs like a wild dog and then clobbering everyone in his path.

If XT can get back on track and into top shape that would be a great sign for everyone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 11:11 PM

Definitely not looking like his old self. He's gone through a lot with COVID so it's going to take a while IMO.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 21, 2020, 11:19 PM

Kids his age get in shape really quick. Three weeks he could be 95% aerobically, it might take 4 weeks to get his strength back though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aerobically speaking

Oct 22, 2020, 1:14 PM

you get your biggest jump at 3 weeks, and 2nd biggest jump around 8 weeks with training. Given that he start back workin out in August, I think it's fair to believe he's getting close to that second jump. Even though Covid and extra body weight could slow the process, he should still be turning the corner and feeling a lot better.

A few game reps (plus Tue & Wed practices) are certainly going to help the anaerobic side of things.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic