Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow this is fun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Wow this is fun

Mar 12, 2019, 7:44 PM

So following up on last night's post on how extraordinary 2018 was. Its hard to understate just how special the run we have been on the past 4 years

Since 2015 Clemson is 54-4 overall, but hidden in there is that we're 18-2 vs ranked opponents. And 9-2 vs top 10 opponents. Of those 20 games only 5 were played at home. 15 were either away or neutral field. The average ranking of those 20 opponents was 9.05 in other words top ten. Our average margin of victory was 13.35 nearly 2 touchdowns. We've averaged 5 ranked opponents a year in that time and at least 2 top 10 each year.

When you listen to the list of schools Clemson has beaten in the last 4 years it reads like a directory of the football elite. It's best to read this out loud Virginia Tech twice, Miami twice, Auburn twice, Texas A&M, Florida State 4 times, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame twice and Alabama TWICE!

To put that into perspective I'll compare that to the school that complains the loudest that we don't play anybody. South Carolina on the other hand is 1-15 in games vs ranked opponents. We've won more games against ranked competition than they have even played. Their average was 10.8 and if you take us out its 13.5 . In other words we help their schedule, they hurt ours. Their average margin of defeat was 15.56. We beat ranked teams big they lose to ranked teams big. Oh and do remind them that we have a 9-2 (81.8%) record in the SEC in the last 4 years with the only losses coming from Alabama. How have they done? (this one works for Georgia too)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congregation responds: The Best is Yet to Come...***

Mar 12, 2019, 7:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are also 34-2 in ACC play!!!

Mar 12, 2019, 8:20 PM

Our only losses @CUSE and at home to Pitt. The Pitt game our quarterback threw six interceptions and we still only lost by one point.

ANd they had Duane Heydt! Without him and his crew on the

Mar 12, 2019, 9:33 PM

field that night, there is no way we lose that game. But, and a big but it is...since he vaulted us into super focus and a national championship...I am good with it.....

Let it go man. Such sore feelings for a championship year***

Mar 12, 2019, 10:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow this is fun

Mar 12, 2019, 8:26 PM

These stats never get old! TU!

Mar 12, 2019, 8:27 PM

Clemson has more wins over Alabama in the last three years than any other team in the SEC.

Message was edited by: LynchesRiverTiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 8:27 PM

I will say that even though we only played 5 of those games at home we were lucky as heck that 2016 Louisville game was a home game. I don’t know if we would of won if that one was away. Our crowd played a HUGE factor in winning that game. Lamar and co had numerous offsides/false start calls in the first quarter (some of them back to back) due to the crowd noise. It took them a while to get the offense going and you could tell the Louisville players were intimidated early on. Even Kirk said something along the lines of “Ive been to Death Valley many times but I don’t know if I’ve ever heard it this loud”.

Mar 13, 2019, 6:28 AM

That's the luck of the draw. They had their chance the next year, and blew it then too.

Mar 12, 2019, 9:28 PM

Despite all the nonsense on T-net, every now and again you get a post like this from this guy, that has the kind of info you would NEVER get from the football media. This is great stuff.

Nice work Orange-White.

Mar 12, 2019, 9:51 PM

Those stats remind me a thought I had the other day when RJ Mickens had us in his top schools. I am sure our coaches have made him aware that we have beaten all of the other schools that are recruiting him since 2012 except for losing to Alabama twice in the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic