Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you turn down a 5 yr @ 2 mil per contract? Me Neither!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Would you turn down a 5 yr @ 2 mil per contract? Me Neither!

Nov 29, 2014, 9:42 AM

SMU is a nice campus in a great football state/city. They have a new stadium. Who COULD turn that down? Good Luck to CM he's earned his chance to run a program. I just hope that he doesn't take some of our coaches with him. Our recruits ain't going there to start over a dead program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you turn down a 5 yr @ 2 mil per contract? Me Neither!

Nov 29, 2014, 9:48 AM

I'm so happy for Chad. We should be thankful for the time he was with us. Thank you Coach Morris, God bless you and good luck.

what changed your mind?

Nov 29, 2014, 10:05 AM

you said "good riddance" yesterday

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: what changed your mind?

Nov 29, 2014, 10:09 AM

You did York. I see now I am just being silly....I am very happy for Chad and his family.

Nov 29, 2014, 9:55 AM

Honestly?

Yes...If I were already making $1.7m per season...

Oh, geographically its probably a great decision! Dallas is a real nice place...But the SMU program is in the sh*tter and has been for 24 years! The tid bit of pay raise that he's getting is not worth the work its going to take to have to rebuild that dump...I said this once before and I will say it again, its a dead end job! Why can't you people understand that? This was a decision clearly based on personal reasons as opposed to career progression...a mistake that coaches should never make!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

He's not making 1.7 million. The deal will actually be

Nov 29, 2014, 9:59 AM

for closer to 3m per, and all he has to do is get them respectable to land a big time job since they are horrid. Not a bad play at all

Re: He's not making 1.7 million. The deal will actually be

Nov 29, 2014, 10:07 AM

He is making that much with Clemson, Sir...maybe close to $1.3m

And like I noted to earlier, the program has been in the sh*tter for 24 years with having a plethera of coaches and staff come through in hopes to change that program...Not happening...What good is it having any ties to the Texas High Football community when you have to compete with literally 6-7 big name programs in the same geographical location as you?

Also, reports are stating he prostituted himself to $2m a year..

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/smu-mustangs/20141128-sources-smu-has-agreed-in-principle-to-make-clemson-s-chad-morris-its-new-football-coach.ece

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 29, 2014, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Would you turn down a 5 yr @ 2 mil per contract? Me Neither! ]

Baylor was in the ####### for years before Art Briles took over, and now they are a top 10 team.

Nov 29, 2014, 10:03 AM

its $3 mil!!per= $15 mil!! he will be set for life!! he should go.. I wish him luck;;;; those Texas Mil guys will expect a lot and they are willing to pay for it

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2014, 10:08 AM

He is from Texas. Why would he not go back? They coulda got him for less. It's all about going home, other wise he would be in Raleigh making 2.5

Nov 29, 2014, 10:08 AM

You are 100 % correct we didnt expect to keep Morris this long. We all should be happy for that. I think its time for the next new flavor of an OC. I mean really I dont think Chad could take us to the next level we need to be anyways. I only expect one more thing from Chad and thats to go out with a win over USuCk. After that ill throw the dubbs and tell him good luck! Wait for Dabo to name the future!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic