Topic: Would be so easy to fix this problem
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 23, 2017 9:30 PM by: TIGERCOOK®
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3   Pages: 1  

Would be so easy to fix this problem

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 9:11 PM

I don't understand

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ref-ruins-amazing-touchdown-by-texas-aandms-kellen-mond-with-terrible-call/ar-AAsojqa?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Tigers Ride SERKs

easy fix.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 9:23 PM

If a ref is unsure, let the play continue then when you go to review you either 1) send it upstairs with a new class of "undetermined" so that review makes the call entirely or 2) send it upstairs with the call on the fIeld(in this case that he stepped out of bounds), but you have an outcome in the case it is overturned.

The problem would be that the ref can't signal he's out of bounds or players are likely to stop and change the eventual outcome. So there would need to be some new mechanism to signify "I think the play is dead here, but continue". That's not such a small thing.

Re: easy fix.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 9:24 PM

Easy fix: throw a red bean bag. It's not an audible signal so the players won't stop. No idea of the context of the conversation, just adding to the solution.

Re: Would be so easy to fix this problem

[2]
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 9:30 PM

I Think Elon Musk needs to put an effort into robotic referees! Especially if we could destroy them after each game.

Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
948 people have read this post