Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst ump all year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Worst ump all year

May 24, 2018, 10:55 PM

Incredibly inconsistent

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst ump all year

May 24, 2018, 10:56 PM

no way we have had umps that have screwed us over-this guy has given our pitcher some breaks too

May 24, 2018, 10:57 PM

Not even close. The ump that called game 3 of the fsu series was wayyyyyyyy worse.

May 24, 2018, 10:58 PM

I felt like he was at least consistent on his zone, this dude is all over the place. First 6 innings the strike zone was 6” now its 2’

Re: No. I've (unfortunately) seen worse this year.***

May 24, 2018, 11:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

May 25, 2018, 12:06 AM

I have sat behind home plate at 90% of Clemson home games this year and this umpire is far better than at least 75% that I have seen this year.

May 25, 2018, 12:16 AM

Worst umpire this year was the juan behind the plate for the first game of the Austin Pewee game. Hand's down and it isn't even close. We would have had our National Seed locked up before the ACC Tournament if it wasnt for him and his 10 foot strike zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 12:56 AM

He was bad, didn’t give Crawford the letter high strike in the 1st and wasn’t giving anything on the corners. He was bad both ways tho one Miami pitcher threw a hanger over the plate and he didn’t call it. The worst ump is hard to think about bc this season we had so many. One thing that made me mad is the Miami only run the ball IMO looked foul on the first bounce near home plate. Why do we have replay if we aren’t going to use it? Just like the Jordan Greene out vs Pitt was clearly safe by a foot and wasn’t reviewed? Why wasn’t that foul ball reviewed tonight?

May 25, 2018, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst ump all year ]

It's between Griffin of the Austin Pee and Hodges on the FSU game 3. I got the stink eye from him when I yelled at him between innings that he was not just consistently inconsistent, but he was just plain incompetent and national TV announcers were talking about the terrible calls for both teams.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

May 25, 2018, 3:36 PM

drinkoj said:

It's between Griffin of the Austin Pee and Hodges on the FSU game 3. I got the stink eye from him when I yelled at him between innings that he was not just consistently inconsistent, but he was just plain incompetent and national TV announcers were talking about the terrible calls for both teams.

Now thinking about it after reading ur post, you are correct. Going to go with FSU game 3 ump worst of the year. He was calling it all from low to high to 7 inches of the plate.

Re: ^^^^This

May 25, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst ump all year ]

Worst I've ever seen behind the plate at a Clemson game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I thought he was OK last night***

May 25, 2018, 7:31 AM

May 25, 2018, 12:19 PM

I didn't think he was the worst nor the best - he definitely had his moments though. The ruling that got me was the fair call on Miami's RBI triple. On my TV, it appeared to hit foul in front of the plate, then land foul behind 1st base. IMHO it is highly unlikely that it would have arc'd fair only over 1st base, then land foul. It ended up being a non-issue since we had the big inning after that anyway.

Side note: does it annoy anyone else when the people in the crowd yell "Come on Blue!!!" to the umpires when, at this level, almost all of them do NOT wear blue but wear black. Seems like "Come on Ump!!!" would be more accurate.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic