Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst nightmare ever last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,426

Worst nightmare ever last night

Jul 22, 2018, 7:54 AM

I literally dreamed that Trevor Lawrence was a 5-star rated national talent that was handed the starting role shortly after arriving to campus and proceeded to have an injury-riddled career and never lived up to the hype. He faded into oblivion, transferred to some lowly DIII program in the upstate, was never really heard of again, and in the years to come our recruiting took a bit of a hit for awhile and fans even called for Swinney’s resignation at one point. Luckily, T.Law managed to preserve his dignity, get back on his horse, and begin a successfully coaching career.

Oh wait..... that was Wilky Korn.

That first paragraph make you feel anxious and somewhat terrified? Remember, guys: Trevor Lawrence hasn’t proved a thing get. He hasn’t played in a CFB game yet. He had a world of potential, and could in fact have a D.Watson-type of affect on this program. But he has to come in and prove that. He has to handle the pressure and the expectations and the speed of the game and everything else that comes with the territory of being the kind of high-caliber player that Deshaun was and continued to demonstrate he was during his career is. But also remember: anything can happen. Injuries can happen, even unexpected and career-ending ones. His mental strength could take time to adjust. So let’s not all be quick to post our “How soon before T.Law is the best QB in Clemson history” or even the “TLaw is basically the white version of D.Watson” comments. Wait and see if he a actually lives up to the hype. And don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst nightmare ever last night

Jul 22, 2018, 8:25 AM

I only count chickens as they are plucked one by one in November.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 10:28 AM

There's always a danger that TL won't live up to the hype. But he is clearly a better athlete all around than Korn was when he came into Clemson. I have no fear that TL will be another Willy Korn.

Jul 22, 2018, 11:35 AM

Willy Korn had it all period

Popular at parties are ya?

Jul 22, 2018, 11:31 AM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 11:54 AM

Couldn’t agree more. He’s certainly the biggest QB recruit we’ve ever had, but things often don’t work out as expected. Just being honest here saying I don’t even expect him to be as good as DW4. DW was a leader, a dominant competitor, and his mentality for preparation and also in games was unlaralelled. I’ll be glad if TL can be 80% of what DW was.

Jul 22, 2018, 12:38 PM

I don't really understand why you sort of threw Willy Korn's career in this post. I don't think that is fair to Willy. We all know injuries can happen. We'll all see how this plays out and how it is handled. Let's just wait until the season starts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic