Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worried a bit about all the pre-season hype especially best Dline ever!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,284

Worried a bit about all the pre-season hype especially best Dline ever!

Jul 16, 2018, 3:12 PM

Knowing..Furman may score on 1st play on a run right up the gut by triple teaming one of our All-American D players..

and there goes that over-blown ballon..plus the Coots will laugh and their fb coaches will plot.

OK, I know..calm down & have a drink.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not worried about them at all. team leaders that know

Jul 16, 2018, 3:13 PM

Exactly what kind of hard work it takes to win a natty

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worried a bit about all the pre-season hype especially best Dline ever!

Jul 16, 2018, 3:20 PM

Cmon Bill. Nobody has blocked our Dline in a couple of years. I don’t know if they will be the best Dline ever but barring injury these guys will have a great season. They have too much athleticism and work too hard not to. Furman is not running it into the teeth of our defense and taking it to the house on the first play. As far as winning a national title goes we are good enough to get there but like anyone else we will need a little luck along the way. I’m just being realistic about everything but there is a good reason that the expectations are so high.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 4:07 PM

Even with injuries, the depth of this d-line still would put it as one of the best nationally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 3:27 PM

Nah, no one will take on our line. You’ll see a lot of stuff like the cuse gameplan last year. Quick slants and screens. Linebackers and safeties are going to have to be ready. As long as we play disciplined we’ll be ok.

Plus with our new found kicking game, I look for a lot of teams to be backed up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 4:31 PM

In one defensive system the function of the d-line was to tie up blockers so the linebackers are free to make tackles. If three blockers are tied up by one d-tackle and the other three are blocked by one each, that doesn't leave too many blockers (3 including wideouts) to to handle our linebackers and safeties (five in all) so I'm not too worried about one little Furman RB, no matter how smart he might be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic