Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wofford b-ball > Clemson b-ball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Wofford b-ball > Clemson b-ball.

Mar 21, 2019, 10:06 PM

How does that even happen???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wondering the same thing***

Mar 21, 2019, 10:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For one thing, basketball is their #1 sport, ours is footbal

Mar 21, 2019, 10:13 PM

cc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For one thing, basketball is their #1 sport, ours is footbal

Mar 21, 2019, 10:19 PM

Well, they only have 1600 students. Hard to imagine they have a top 20 b-ball team.

I'm not sure there's too much correlation between

Mar 21, 2019, 10:22 PM

enrollment and athletic success. I guess smaller schools have fewer potential boosters to contribute to the athletic department budget, but it's not like these schools are pulling their players from the general student body like a high school. They are recruiting scholarship athletes just like everyone else.

Mar 21, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: For one thing, basketball is their #1 sport, ours is footbal ]

But they get fan support and administration support... Judge tells me that’s important. Maybe next year if our fans show up we will score more points and play better defense as opposed to being relegated to the Not Invited Tournament:

Mar 21, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to For one thing, basketball is their #1 sport, ours is footbal ]

cc

They won their conference in football and made the playoffs in that sport as well.

It's Clemson basketball, not Clemson football

Mar 21, 2019, 10:20 PM

Plenty of small schools are better than us every year. Some are better every year (Nova, Gonzaga, Xavier, etc).

Truth.....

Mar 21, 2019, 10:24 PM

Wofford is fun to watch. I see a spark there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Salary comparisons....

Mar 21, 2019, 10:30 PM

Mike Young (Wofford HC) = $161,000 p/yr
Brad Brownell = $2 Million p/yr

That pretty much sums it up.

Re: Salary comparisons....

Mar 21, 2019, 10:36 PM

Quit your lies.... we can’t win bc we don’t support basketball and pay our coach.

he would turn down a 15X increase***

Mar 22, 2019, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Salary comparisons.... ]

Re: Wofford b-ball > Clemson b-ball.

Mar 21, 2019, 10:34 PM

Do they have a bunch of seniors(Wofford)? Or a team that has been playing together for years 3 to 4 years together?

Why can't we? IDK! I think Coach B will figure it out. I do think mid majors like Wofford who do well end up taking a kid who was overlooked "who could really ball"! The ninth all time leading(maybe 8th now) scorer in NCAA history was a walk on from South Dakota St. Mike Daum 6'9 235 averaged 25.3 ppg. 11.3 rpg.
2 apg.
And yet, nobody wanted him! He even redshirted "at SOUTH DAKOTA ST"! Kid will be a lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft b/c of his handle/height/passing and scoring ability! Those are the kids Coach B needs to get. Winthrop had a couple kids as well when they were going that slipped unnoticed that propelled them to NCAA tournaments and near 30 win seasons! Plus, Greg Marshall helped. But, they thought outside the box!
How did CJ Mccollum end up at Leigh? Scottie Pippen played at Arkansas central!
Development of the player has to be emphasized. Knowing you aren't getting all blue chip players just means you have to at least have the height/speed part. You can develop the rest; "if they are interested in working for it"! Which is where getting the right non blue chip player comes in. Kids who feel they are ACC material and should have been offered by college BBall blue bloods. Would love to come here(right kid or kids) better their game and prove it on the court. Clemson is a great place to do it! It will happen.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean maybe this season

Mar 21, 2019, 10:36 PM

did Wofford make the Sweet 16 last year?

Re: I mean maybe this season

Mar 21, 2019, 10:42 PM

Nope- but Wofford did beat UNCheat in Chapel Hill last season. As a Clemson fan, a b-ball victory in Chapel Hill might be better than advancing to the Sweet 16!

Not true historically ... and probably not true this season

Mar 21, 2019, 10:49 PM

The Wofford Terriers are having a great year.

Still, I don’t know that they’ve beaten any teams that are better than this year’s Clemson team.

That much said, I’m happy they got a bid and hope they continue to do well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wofford b-ball > Clemson b-ball.

Mar 21, 2019, 11:09 PM

Hmmm? I had lunch with their whole team a couple of years ago. I didn't see anyone that I thought might be world class, but apparently they play pretty well. They seem like nice guys though, and they acted like true gentlemen. If they're doing well, then they probably deserve their success.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic