Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Kick-off Returns “possibly” being banned, how would you rate Clemson’s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

With Kick-off Returns “possibly” being banned, how would you rate Clemson’s

Apr 20, 2018, 4:43 PM

Kick-off teams & Kick-off Return Teams over the past 20 years.

Poor, Average, Good or Excellent.

I say Average, at best.

What saw you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Kick-off Returns about to be banned, how would you rate Clemson’s

Apr 20, 2018, 4:52 PM

Excellent when CJ Spiller was here, progressing to #### poor by 2015, and now improved to average at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Apr 20, 2018, 4:55 PM

Yes. I was only thinking about the last few years. Obviously, when Thunder and Lightning were doing their thing, it was great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Average at best, but about to............

Apr 20, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: With Kick-off Returns about to be banned, how would you rate Clemson’s ]

get really good with Amari Rodgers. I think this kid is a fearless baller that is a bigger, stronger version of A. Scott. He’s supposedly a tireless worker that if given the opportunity by the opposition, is going to be a force this year. I think we can count on that.

Apr 20, 2018, 4:54 PM

Do we know for sure about the ban? Without looking at numbers, I'd say Clemson's kickoff return and coverage teams have been average at best. Maybe a bit below average.

Apr 20, 2018, 4:57 PM

Coverage teams have been below average. Example 2015 natty :(

Apr 20, 2018, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: With Kick-off Returns about to be banned, how would you rate Clemson’s ]

It's not a ban, but there is no incentive to return if any kick can now automatically come out to the 25 with no risk of fumble or injury. Unless a team has a phenomenal returner or it's late in the game there is no point.

Apr 20, 2018, 4:57 PM

Love this year's kick off return team, between Kendrick and Rodgers with ETN also we're electrifying.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:09 PM

I would have to say just below average for the past 10 years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 5:15 PM

Not sure why you would ban ko returns, seems to me as if punt returns get more players hurt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 5:41 PM

On punt returns nearly everybody is running the same way for the most part. Kickoff returns are guys running full speed in opposite directions. I mean, I understand (even if I don't support it) why they want to get rid of it, but quit hiding behind these passive rule changes and just do it if you're going to. They won't come out and ban kickoffs outright because everybody will be super upset, so they're just going to implement rules that make it strategically idiotic to attempt to return a kickoff.

Agree with you Bill average at best

Apr 20, 2018, 6:48 PM

and poor considering the team's outstanding talent levels compare to the rest of the ACC. Clemson's coaching philosophy seems to be eliminating risks from Special Teams and winning with Defense and Offense. Can't argue with the overall results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Kick-off Returns “possibly” being banned, how would you rate Clemson’s

Apr 20, 2018, 7:18 PM

We got much better after the changes brought on by the first loss to Bama..I feel like our coverage was much improved but returns were avg....I also think ETN was out sorts for a while last year after the hit to the head...I thought for sure he had a concussion....Either way, you have to be willing to put your best guys on the field for special teams, Saban knows this and has won close games because of it...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic