Topic: With Acc playing 11 games vs 10 for Sec..does that hurt us in any way
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 8, 2020 1:53 PM by: gatigerbc®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

With Acc playing 11 games vs 10 for Sec..does that hurt us in any way

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 12:27 AM

due to having another game to possibly get players hurt, or be infected, less rested going into a conference championship, etc.

Also, Sec chose to start season later which can harm them if a game needs to be cancelled and no time-frame to re-schedule..

where as the Acc’s earlier start would allow for the schedule to be juggled a little more.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: With Acc playing 11 games vs 10 for Sec..does that hurt us in any way

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:10 AM

Sure it could hurt,but it might also give the 2nd team players some extra snaps.
I would love to see Clemson go into a few games where they are comfortably enough ahead to give our 2nd,and even third team some real game experience.

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 9:41 AM

Besides the added possiblity of an injury or contagion, I think I would have preferred 10 games with a week off before the ACC CG. Imagine going to Blacksburg Dec 5 without TLaw or ETN due to Covid! Also would have been nice to have an extra open date before FSU or ND!

2020 white level member

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:53 PM

I think the other Group of 5 conferences will follow the MAC lead and cancel the fall season, thus making the ACC a conference games only league by default.

2020 purple level member

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
612 people have read this post