»
Topic: Winthrop home and home baseball....
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 17, 2019 9:49 PM by: coopdaddy14
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Winthrop home and home baseball....

[2]
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 7:50 PM

I see Clemson has a home and home with Gardner Webb this year. Would love to see a home and home with Winthrop. Does anyone have insight into why that hasn’t happened in so many years?

Message was edited by: tigerthree®

2019 white level member

Re: Winthrop home and home baseball....

[1]
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 8:44 PM

You're not the only one that has wondered about that.Why not play a home and home with Winthrop, already have a home and home with Coastal Carolina,College of Charleston,Furman and occasionally in the past a home and home with Wofford and The Citadel.Never anything with Charleston Southern,Presbyterian or Francis Marion though.I would like to see a home and home with the Eagles though just because I'm back and forth between where I currently live and the Rock Hill area(York).Winthrop has a nice ballpark and it is easy to get to and there are a lot Clemson fans and alumni that live in York County so me personally I think it is a no brainer.

You won’t see us play Francis Marion.....

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 9:39 PM

As they are DII and it would really hurt our SOS.

Re: You won’t see us play Francis Marion.....

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 9:49 PM

Francis Marion played the Coots and actually beat them in 2012
https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2012/4/11/Gamecocks_Fall_5_4_To_Francis_Marion.aspx

Re: Winthrop home and home baseball....

[1]
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 8:49 PM

also forgot to mention that Bill Wilhelm's teams would occasionally play Horace Turbeville's Winthrop teams back in the 80's in a home and home and that was really the last time a Clemson Baseball team played there and the ballpark was nothing compared to what it is now

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1348 people have read this post