Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winston is just a crook. No way this was an accidental
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Winston is just a crook. No way this was an accidental

May 7, 2014, 11:43 AM

mistake. New details.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24552645/incident-report-reveals-details-in-jameis-winston-crab-leg-theft

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has gotten away with so much down there already, he

May 7, 2014, 11:46 AM

probably thinks he is untouchable.

Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he

May 7, 2014, 11:58 AM

he just won them a nc as a redshirt freshman. do you think if he had won us a nc and the same things were happening your opinion would be the same? the only reason this is a discussion of any importance on this board is because we have to play them again with him at qb. he may be the worst criminal in the history of fsu but I doubt it. he was not charged in the sexual allegations and for gods sake it was a $30 shop lifting charge. should he be kicked out of the program and school, even after winning a Heisman and nc? I have a feeling your stance would be different if he were an athlete at Clemson that had just accomplished the same things.

May 7, 2014, 11:59 AM

Need a link for this. Can't take it at face value.

Us? I wasn't aware that the Gamecocks were playing FSU

May 7, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

and what was the score the last time they did? and fsu

May 7, 2014, 12:18 PM

wasn't even that good that year.....

May 7, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

"he was not charged in the sexual allegations and for gods sake it was a $30 shop lifting charge."

Are you serious????? ONLY $30 dollars???? Stealing is stealing. He should be punished for his actions. Sammy was just smoking weed, but he got 2 games.

Class programs do the right thing. Free Seafood University has always been a place in which student athletes get the breaks as long as they are winning games and titles. Remember Free Shoes University????

I'll bet you good money if this were a Clemson athlete Swofford would have him suspended. Again.... I'll bet Swofford says nothing about this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2014, 12:27 PM

swofford has his hands full with all that's going on in blue heaven. he has a lot more interest in fake diplomas and academic fraud than a shop lifting charge that was a ticket offense that is left up to the store whether to follow up on or not. lets keep being the best program we can be and only worry about how to beat jimbo and Winston and not how THEY run their program. just like in society, you can not legislate morality.

lead coot, you are WRONG about Spurrier

May 7, 2014, 1:04 PM

"swofford has his hands full with all that's going on in blue heaven. he has a lot more interest in fake diplomas and academic fraud"

Horsecrap! Swofford is ignoring what is going on in chapel hole and will continue to do so. His hands might be full of something, but it isn't the shenanigans at his alma mater/former employer.

He cannot even publicly pretend to not be biased toward the tarholes!

Stop making excuses for Winston. Jimbo has the same mentoring philosophy as your coach spurrier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

May 7, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

You make it sound like Sammy was sitting quietly in his room with one joint when the police arrived. Kudos.

Who is this "us" ?

May 7, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Tell 'em leadcoot

May 7, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

sad

First forget the "we". I could care less if an athlete has

May 7, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

won a national championship or ever gotten off the bench in his career. Stealing is a crime. It costs other people more money when they shop in the stores to cover the losses to the store. Stupid for you to think it is OK for an athlete to not be held accountable for his actions like other citizens would.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Coot in dog's clothing...

May 7, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: he has gotten away with so much down there already, he ]

Read this and tell me you don't see a pattern of above-the-law behavior here. Of course you don't, you've been conditioned by Garcia.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10861565/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-cited-shoplifting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Love the Winston statement. Is that from the lawyers or what?

May 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

I doubt his writing skills are up to the level of his "statement."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually

May 7, 2014, 11:50 AM

tries to correct the very obvious and glaring character flaws, Winston is just going to keep making bad choices.

This is the biggest difference between Dabo and most other coaches, Dabo cares more about his players' character development as young men than winning football games

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Let's hope not, for Chad Kelly's sake

May 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

I'd hate for him to have to try to beat Winston out at East Mississippi CC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually

May 7, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually ]

Right on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The cops aren't even bothering, so why would Jimbo?***

May 7, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually ]

Re: He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually

May 7, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to He thinks he is above the law, and unless Jimbo actually ]

if U are waiting on Jimbo or the FSU admin or BOT to do what should be done U will have a long wait! if he is out of jail(it will take a lot for the cops to do anything either)he plays!!their honor and integrity are on about the same level as SoCar which is to say VERY LOW!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who's heard him speak must understand

May 7, 2014, 11:53 AM

He obviously he did NOT write that statement...
"my conduct needs to be above reproach"

Seriously? He doesn't know wth reproach means. LOL!

They need a SCAR lawyer to write SEC type statements .***

May 7, 2014, 11:55 AM

SEC lawyer statement.

"I ain't stole no crab legs from those people. They's rassis."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 Rule of writing: Dont write like you talk.

May 7, 2014, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Anyone who's heard him speak must understand ]

This guy is still a crook though.

Of course he does

May 7, 2014, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Anyone who's heard him speak must understand ]

It means to "proach" again.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

What I can't figure out is why.............

May 7, 2014, 12:32 PM

this offense has been consistently reported in the press as an "infraction". An infraction under Florida law is civil in nature, not criminal! This is a petit theft/retail theft which is criminal in nature and punishable by, at least, 60 days in jail and as high as 1 year depending on the exact charge and criminal history. Something smells in Tallahassee......again!

I read somewhere that Leon County (or Tallahassee or ...?)

May 7, 2014, 12:56 PM

changed the classification of this type of crime for:

1. the purposes of trying to keep the courts less jammed up so there is more time and energy for more important crimes

AND

are you ready for this ?

2. To help improve the crime rate numbers by dropping this kinda thing out of the tabulation.

And yes - I did just create a list.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's interesting since............

May 7, 2014, 1:02 PM

only the Legislature has the power and authority to do that.....the plot sickens!

Re: What I can't figure out is why.............

May 7, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to What I can't figure out is why............. ]

Our police chief agrees with you. This would call for a punishment much more substantial in our city.

He is a thief - plain and simple. Anything else is a load

May 7, 2014, 12:34 PM

of horseshite.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He stole.

May 7, 2014, 12:41 PM

I'm not for putting him behind bars or ruining any chance of a future for the guy, but the whole "youthful ignorance" thing is patently stupid, and actually is the worst part to me.

For him to argue that it was "youthful ignorance" would seemingly be him saying "Hey, I didn't know it was wrong to take something form a store without paying." That's idiotic and insulting to the intelligence of anyone trying to support him.

His statement, IMO, is the worst part of this deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His statement contradicts what the camera says

May 7, 2014, 12:58 PM

He said ghat he did not pay for one item but in reality he did not pay for any items and he did not approach any of the point of sale systems

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

HE SERVED HIS SUSPENSION!!!!

May 7, 2014, 1:15 PM

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HE SERVED HIS SUSPENSION!!!!

May 7, 2014, 1:38 PM

Too bad he really did not experience a suspension.

KWIM?

Exactly. People around here sure are

May 7, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to HE SERVED HIS SUSPENSION!!!! ]

crabby today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That "youthful ignorance" was more like youthful indulgence,

May 7, 2014, 1:49 PM

which few would have attempted regardless of their status in life.

Of course, there are the attorneys and PR men, who are quite adept with public apologies that play loosely with the facts and tightly with the expressions of regret.

The important question for young Mr. Winston is he regretful for the act...or the fact that he was caught? Hopefully, he opts for answer A, then lays low for a while...very low.

Well, he said when he got home he realized he had not paid

May 7, 2014, 4:35 PM

and wanted to make it right. How about returning to the store and PAY!!!!

i can't believe they charged him as an adult***

May 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do each of you talking pewp about Einston

May 7, 2014, 3:18 PM

even realize that u r teh exact reason he jacked dem legs in the first place?

Hmmmmm?

Huh? He didn't share any wid me.***

May 7, 2014, 3:22 PM

Well that's either one of two things.

May 7, 2014, 4:23 PM

8. You didn't aks him.

51. He den got dem legs jacked by The Kelly comin' round da cut on a called bootleg.

HTH your information.

We all met at gwp's - it was bonafide. Sorry you missed it.***

May 7, 2014, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Huh? He didn't share any wid me.*** ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Regardless of how small the value of the merchandise...

May 7, 2014, 4:05 PM

...it takes a brazeness and callousness on the part of an individual to steal something from a store that presumably never did anything to you.

It does come down to the environment from which he was raised. For me, the idea of walking out of a store with a pack of chewing gum without paying makes me cringe at the thought. But, that was just how I was raised.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Ding, ding, ding!!!!!***

May 7, 2014, 4:41 PM

go to warchant and see if you see ANYTHING about it...

May 7, 2014, 6:36 PM

I'll save you the suspense...you won't. Nothing since end of last month. but that's the last you'll hear over there.

Re: Winston is just a crook. No way this was an accidental

May 7, 2014, 6:43 PM

No such thing as an accidental mistake. Mistakes lead to accidents. Perhaps 'misdeed' describes his actions better. Or perhaps he unknowingly committed a crime. He's not very bright.

Re: Winston is just a crook. No way this was an accidental

May 7, 2014, 7:00 PM

One of the recent justifications is that Publix ( which is across from fraternity village) has a long history of dolling out deli items to athletes. Winston was just getting his share. Once Deli Manager is terminated we may know more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic