Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will we fans have enough energy left come 31 August
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 783

Will we fans have enough energy left come 31 August

Mar 7, 2013, 10:58 PM

a long summer ahead no doubt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Mar 7, 2013, 11:23 PM

As long as people wait. I heard talk dissecting the game on WCCP yesterday. I mean c'mon. You know that's all that will be talked about in the summer, no need for 6 month in advance previews.

Re: Yes

Mar 7, 2013, 11:36 PM

We need to win this game before starting any BS about a run for the NC. And, it is going to be a major challenge. UGA will come as probably a top five team, with the best offense in the country. I see us as a definite underdog.

Tell 'em coot***

Mar 8, 2013, 12:15 AM

UGA will come with the best offense in the country?

Mar 8, 2013, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes ]

what makes them the best in the country? and I see us as a 3 point favorite at home if everything stays the way it is (no injuries)

Re: Yes

Mar 7, 2013, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Yes ]

What else is there to talk about? I think Brownell would rather have people talk football right now than realize we are 5-12

I've experienced many huge games over the years that

Mar 8, 2013, 6:33 AM

I've learned that as the game approaches and the smack talk heats up, there will be a renewed energy in direct proportion to that talk. By the time the game arrives both Clemson and Georgia fans will be frothing at the mouths. For the younger crowd...you're in for a heck of a treat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will we fans have enough energy left come 31 August

Mar 8, 2013, 7:16 AM

How we play against UGA, especially given the fact it's at home, will be a defining moment for not only our year but also this coaching staff...The LSU game was great but it was in a bowl game on the heels of a disappointing loss...If we happened to lose and play well vs. UGA, it would be disappointing but acceptable. However, another lackluster performance like we had against SC where we looked inferior physically at times would be a different story.

Re: Will we fans have enough energy left come 31 August

Mar 8, 2013, 7:32 AM

Hate to disagree,but losing the UGA game will not be acceptable to "most" Clemson fans.
While it is true that no one game decides a season,a loss to UGA "probably" eliminates Clemson from any national title hopes much like the loss to to the coots last season "probably" cost Clemson a shot( outside at beat) of going to the SUGAR.
Clemson has no room for error this season as anything short of being ranked any lower than 3rd or 4th will not get Clemson to a major bowl.
Beat UGA,and you could "possibily" flip positions ( 6th vs 11th) in the polls,but lose and you probably drop 3 or 4 spots making the climb back into the top 5(where you will need to be going into the coot game) to have a reasonable shot at playing for the title.
Add to that,Clemson "probably" has to win the ACC Title game to get to the Orange if they lose to UGA.
A two loss season,like 2012 helps Clemson in no way shape or form.

Replies: 8
| visibility 783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic