Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will we be hurt if Trevor doesn’t
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Will we be hurt if Trevor doesn’t

Oct 24, 2020, 4:18 PM

Win the heisman? He should win it but we all know it doesn’t work like that. Deshaun should have won it too. I think all the voters knew that after he beat bama. I just bring it up because loook at bamas schedule outside of Georgia they don’t play anyone who has a defense. They have great receivers and Mac jones will light it up. Does the heisman voters take look at weapons the quarterbacks has? Trevor doing what he has done with ladson, Powell, Rodgers, and his tightends is way more impressive than what mac Jones has done with waddle and smith. Waddle and Smith are both first rounders.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will we be hurt if Trevor doesn’t

Oct 24, 2020, 4:22 PM

If he gets hurt we are hurting. We are so limited with the other 2 qbs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats on 51,000 Points!!!***

Oct 24, 2020, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on 51,000 Points!!! Thanks

Oct 24, 2020, 4:26 PM

I didnt realize.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we sure the QBs are getting developed properly? Spare

Oct 24, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we be hurt if Trevor doesn’t ]

me the RAB in 2014,that was a one game fluke... I want to hear how we have made somebody other than DeShaun or Trevor look adequate

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we sure the QBs are getting developed properly? Spare

Oct 24, 2020, 4:35 PM

Well Trevor looks like he is a lot better. He looks poised. He checks in and out of plays. I think jelly Bryant was a decent quarterback. Not great but decent. DJ will be fine. Taj looked identical to dj his redshirt freshman year. Some throws looked good some looked horrible. Taj took off his redshirt sophomore year.

Boyd's QB coach has been gone for years guy***

Oct 24, 2020, 4:37 PM

Re: Are we sure the QBs are getting developed properly? Spare

Oct 24, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Are we sure the QBs are getting developed properly? Spare ]

Kelly Bryant is literally the only QB we’ve had play meaningful snaps other than Watson and Lawrence since Boyd left. That’s of course not counting guys like Brice coming in to finish a game due to injury.

Cole Stoudt started quite a few games too***

Oct 24, 2020, 6:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Heisman shouldn't go to a QB who can't throw beyond the

Oct 24, 2020, 4:23 PM

sticks on 3rd down, regardless of players or scheme or lack of blocking

Re: The Heisman shouldn't go to a QB who can't throw beyond the

Oct 24, 2020, 4:27 PM

Wait, who are you referring to?

Trevor...It's not his fault that our gameplan/playcalling is

Oct 24, 2020, 4:36 PM

lacking or that he doesn't have difference makers on the outside, but it is what it is

Re: Trevor...It's not his fault that our gameplan/playcalling is

Oct 24, 2020, 4:39 PM

That’s what I’m saying. Bama has difference makers on the outside, we don’t right now. I think our receivers will be great. But right now or offense is Trevor and Travis. Even the easy throws to the right ends are all of play fakes to Travis to bring the linebackers down.

Re: Trevor...It's not his fault that our gameplan/playcalling is

Oct 24, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Trevor...It's not his fault that our gameplan/playcalling is ]

It is a shame that he doesn’t have JR8, but I think hes free to make reads.

Trevor’s running skills make him more valuable than Mac Jones. Fields may be a problem.

Yes, JR would make a HUGE difference, he would keep the D

Oct 24, 2020, 4:47 PM

honest...Nobody we play fears our deep shots to Rodgers or Powell...Ngata can't make adjustments on the ball when it's in the air and Ladson only catches it 50% of the time it hits him directly in the hands...And sadly, due to our suckass OL, we rarely even have time to load up and go deep

Re: The Heisman shouldn't go to a QB who can't throw beyond the

Oct 24, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to The Heisman shouldn't go to a QB who can't throw beyond the ]

The heisman should go to the best player. That is Trevor. If you look at Mac jones he has a better completion percentage and qbr but he has better weapons around him. Trevor has had 3 long tds dropped this years. Probably 15 other dropped passes. Are receivers are young and are trying to figure out how to get separation. Trevor has made tight throws all year. He has been great. I’m just scared he will be robbed.

So he shouldn't be punished because WRU can't field a

Oct 24, 2020, 4:39 PM

difference maker?

Re: So he shouldn't be punished because WRU can't field a

Oct 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

That’s not what I’m saying you are missing my point. Trevor is putting up great numbers. His numbers are the same as Mac jones. I’m saying if the numbers are the same and Trevor loses it will be a shame. Trevor is putting up the same numbers with less talent at the receiver position.

Look who he's doing it against and how he's doing it...Mac

Oct 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

was able to throw it downfield against UGA's D, we are throwing screens on 3rd and long, it's not apples to apples

Re: Look who he's doing it against and how he's doing it...Mac

Oct 24, 2020, 4:52 PM

I’m watching his receivers catch the ball im double and triple coverage.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

So you think Watson was robbed of the Heisman a few years ago, but also say the Heisman should factor in players not having as good of weapons around them? Why should any of us be upset then that Jackson won it over Watson?

Oct 24, 2020, 4:47 PM

No I’m saying the heisman should go to the best player in the country. Do you think Mac jones would be good at Kentucky? I think deshaun would have put up the same number if he played for Louisville. Imagine if Trevor played for bama this year.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:55 PM

I don't think the Heisman goes to the best player. It goes to the player who had the best year. Obviously Tom Brady was the best player his year. Patrick Mahommes too possibly.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we be hurt if Trevor doesn’t ]

Our receivers are young and developing, but it’s not like Lawrence is out there playing with a bunch of bums right now. Bama might be the only team in the country right now that wouldn’t trade their skill position players for ours.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:50 PM

No. If he earns it I hope he gets it. If someone plays better or equally as good, more power to them. He is the frontrunner though and they want to give it to him, but we will see what happens. It doesn't matter either way. If he gets it it means he gets on track and on fire again though and this was just an off game.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:53 PM

I agree. I’ll trade the heisman for the national championship every time. I assume every player would.

Oct 24, 2020, 5:05 PM

You think Bama has an easier schedule than we do? We have the easiest schedule out of all the teams that compete for the natty until teams like FSU, VT, Miami, Louisville get back to being good teams.

And you think Bama having better receivers should penalize Mac Jones? Then why should TL have been in contention last year? Or DW in 2016? That will never penalize a player from winning the heisman. If you’re the best player, you’re the best player.

Chucktown, it's Justin Fields as favorite if healthy ...

Oct 24, 2020, 5:22 PM

I've been saying all season TL16 should not be considered the favorite. Justin Fields should be the favorite; and he was not prior to this game which made Fields a much better bet than TL16 at 7.5 to 1.

But Dabo is not a big fan of individual awards. He likes to play 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers early and as much as he can. It's worked. But not for national individual awards. Ryan Day understands a Heisman only helps his status as a young coach, the national media publicity machine, and Ohio State's recruiting especially in this shortened B1G 10 season. And IMHO Day will keep Fields in the games as long as it takes to run up his numbers. So let's see what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we be hurt?

Oct 24, 2020, 6:50 PM

If you're motivated by individual awards, go and play tennis.

Football is a team sport, and winning games and championships is all that matters.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic