Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will this stop the SEC falacy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Will this stop the SEC falacy?

Jan 2, 2015, 12:56 AM

So Alabama gets to be #1 because a 1 loss team in the SEC is better than any other 1 loss team because of their competition, huh? Anyone take notice to what happened to that competition in the bowls? I think TCU, OSU, Oregon, and others showed that 1 loss teams in other conferences are pretty doggone good too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans!***

Jan 2, 2015, 12:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:hackneyed!!!***

Jan 2, 2015, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing will happen. They will serve it down our throats and

Jan 2, 2015, 1:00 AM

demand we swallow.

Someone higher up needs to speak out if they give the SE-She and credit next season...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the previous #1's from Sec lost

Jan 2, 2015, 1:11 AM

That alone should show that they are nowhere close to deserving of the benefit of the doubt.

The single stat that all of the prognosticators point to for the reason the SEC is deserving of their praise is the run of championships.... Can they admit that the dream is over?

My guess is no, but they will continue to lose credibility the longer they try to prop up undeserving teams. We will see what the pre-season polls look like

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you misspell phallicy?

Jan 2, 2015, 8:44 AM

But then again I'm not a good enuff speller.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't you misspell phallicy?

Jan 2, 2015, 8:45 AM

^^
Close enough...phonetic-wise and perception-wise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phallicy ... that's funny. TU for you.

Jan 2, 2015, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Didn't you misspell phallicy? ]

I did, however, misspell fallacy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will this stop the SEC falacy?

Jan 2, 2015, 8:47 AM

ESPN spin has already started this AM. On Mike&Mike, most of the coverage devoted to FSU destruction. SEC losses dismissed as "small sample size", "still the best conference", "bowls unpredictable due to different motivations", "go by full body of work" (playing themselves I presume), etc, etc,. Spinning OSU win as a "major upset". Was it really?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well it was a major upset to the committee

Jan 2, 2015, 8:54 AM

BOOM!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN may be the SEC's downfall.

Jan 2, 2015, 8:53 AM

Certainly not from a financial standpoint, but from a competition standpoint. The network has managed to irritate everyone in the other power 5 conferences, and the other conferences have stepped up their game. The gap between the SEC and "everyone else" was never as great as ESPN made it seem, and that gap has closed tremendously over the last two years. Bristol will never admit this, of course, but I believe the knowledgeable college football fan recognizes the fact. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN may be the SEC's downfall.

Jan 2, 2015, 9:07 AM

No, they will still have 12 teams in the top 25 next season. They are just so loaded with talent from top to bottom. This leaves everyone else with as good or better talent fighting from the bottom to move up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic