»
Topic: Will the committee for March Madness let our team in
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 1:17 PM by: morbidtiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Will the committee for March Madness let our team in

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 12:41 PM

because of the success of our FOOTBALL program? Think about that for a moment. What's it going to hurt them to allow that? The upside for the tourney is greater than the downside IMO. And really - who cares which team fills that last spot? More fans would rather seem CLEMSON than some team from an obscure team that played in a less-competitive conference, but only did as well as CLEMSON. If I were on the committee, I would try to figure out how to get the reigning NC school into my tourney, even if they lose the first game. It's just called "business", and it overrides good or correct decisions many times. That's how Bama gets Heisman winners before the season even begins.

That said - don't think this makes me think we deserve to be in the tourney.

LOL, seriously?***

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 12:45 PM

2019 white level member

Re: LOL, seriously?***

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 1:01 PM

You okay Judge? I know it's been rough on you this year, and... well, we won't go there. But hopefully the committee reads t-net and takes my good 'business' decision, and that will make a lot of people happy in CLEMSON town.

I usually charge for telling committees how to do their business, but for our dedicated BBall fans, I just had to put it out there in hopes they have the good sense to adopt my idea.

Good luck.

That said - I take it that you think this might be a bad business decision. Am I correct? Your answer might explain some things.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 1:15 PM

brings up football in a basketball thread.

2019 white level member

Football football football***

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 1:17 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
315 people have read this post