Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will impressive victories over Tech and SC be rewarded by
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Will impressive victories over Tech and SC be rewarded by

Nov 7, 2014, 1:27 PM

the committee? Wishful thinking, but if Watson returns to form for Tech and SC, we should win big in both games. With all of the emphasis by the selection committee on taking a completely new look at the teams every week, will that help us or is it too late?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much do you think a win over a 5-6 team should count?

Nov 7, 2014, 1:28 PM

GT, maybe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much do you think a win over a 5-6 team should count?

Nov 7, 2014, 1:38 PM

If we roll those teams like we did NC State or UNC they possibly, but I think the playoffs are out of the question. Best we can hope for is to be in one of the big 6 bowls this year.

I would look at it from the stand point of how good of a

Nov 7, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to How much do you think a win over a 5-6 team should count? ]

team is Clemson with one of the best defenses in the nation and an explosive offense that can throw the ball all over the field to a variety of weapons(wr and te are Clemson strengths) and with a serviceable running game and a quarterback that can make plays with his feet when the play breaks down. A team returning several key injured players and much improved over their early season losses on the road to a Top 2 team and a Todd Gurley led Georgia team behind a different quarterback.

It's simply a question of whether or not you are one of the best teams in the land at the end of the season or not. Yes, SC sucks, though Georgia Tech is good, but there is a point at which an ### whipping of those two teams would be considered proof of how good you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson, with a win over FSU, would be in about the same

Nov 7, 2014, 1:42 PM

spot as Michigan St. or Kansas St. right now. They had a shot...missed it. Maybe next year.

An SEC 5-6 team is like a 10-2 team in any other conference***

Nov 7, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to How much do you think a win over a 5-6 team should count? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not so sure even with a win over fsu they'd put us in.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:38 PM

God knows they're going to try to force bama in they were talking about how if fsu lost to notre dame, the 5th ranked team in the country, they would be albeit eliminated and moved out of the top 4. Yet ole miss barely wins games against teams that aren't very good and gets beaten by a pretty down lsu team that was 24th in the country when they beat them yet ole miss doesn't budge. That's horse #####. Miss at will drop one but you can bet they'll drop no farther than 3.

Re: Will impressive victories over Tech and SC be rewarded by

Well we haven't covered a spread since NC ST. It will take 3 convincing wins to finish in the top 15. Hopefully GT wins this weekend so it'll at least be a top 25 matchup for us, we're not getting any love barely hanging to wins against teams we should handle....even with the back up QB. Dabo needs to start finishing games with style points too, that's why I didn't mind that late pass up 14 in the closing mins last night.

win out and we're in***

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Impressive victories over #24 GT and unranked SC?

Nov 7, 2014, 1:48 PM

We ain't jumping over 17 teams (including 4 from the SEC) with those 2 victories. Nor should we.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't suggesting a top 4 finish, just that we would be

Nov 7, 2014, 1:52 PM

rewarded for the team we would be at the end of the season with a considerable move up in the polls and not be stuck around 21 like we have been after unimpressive wins, but wins none the less.

Possibly get into the top 10 and get a good bowl matchup.

Gotcha. Win out and we'll be around 10 or 11...***

Nov 7, 2014, 1:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you win the conference...

Nov 7, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Impressive victories over #24 GT and unranked SC? ]

you should have a good shot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you win the conference...

Nov 7, 2014, 4:16 PM

The scheduled burned Clemson this year. The teams were awful on the schedule other than FSU, UGA, and GT if they finish strong.

Who would have thought the other instate school would pull the strength of schedule down so low.

Clemson 11-2 vs great FSU, UGA, good USC, GT, Louisville, and a big bowl against a national power would have ended in another top 10 season.

The issue if GT loses to Clemson and falls out of top 25, Clemson could end the year without a win over a ranked opponent.

Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?

Not a good year for USC to be bad, it hurts credibility

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will impressive victories over Tech and SC be rewarded by

Nov 7, 2014, 4:20 PM

I could see us creeping into the top 10. I just doubt eSECpn would ever let us in. Dag gone!

Will impressive jinxes be met with agonizing defeat?***

Nov 7, 2014, 4:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic