Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Galloway function as a third down converter a la Hunter Renfrow next season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Will Galloway function as a third down converter a la Hunter Renfrow next season?

Jan 14, 2020, 1:58 PM

Seems like Leggett 2.0 could physically dominate the middle of a defense…

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Will Galloway function as a third down converter a la Hunter Renfrow next season?

Jan 15, 2020, 12:46 AM

It would be a weapon for sure. But, we need more is a speed burner in the slot receiver position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a speed burner in the slot.

Jan 15, 2020, 2:07 AM

He wears #3.

Galloway is a beast. I don't understand why we didn't target him more. He made plays when we did.

Re: We have a speed burner in the slot.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:41 AM

I agree. That's why we have difficulty recruiting top tight ends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to We have a speed burner in the slot. ]

I agree and was surprised he wasn’t targeted more. It probably wouldn’t have made a difference with Trevor having a really bad night throwing the ball. I do think he is very similar to Leggett though. A TE that’s quick and runs good routes is something we’ve been missing.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 15, 2020, 8:56 AM

It was asking a lot of Gallaway to come in at the very end of the season and make a huge impact. Definitely need him to be a major force in the offense next season to give Trevor another option.

Probably more importantly, we need to find that steady go-to guy like Renfrow on 3rd down to keep drives going. I really thought at the start of the season that would be Roger's role but it never emerged. Did not matter when we were blowing out every team we played, but Trevor really needed that 3rd down Renfrow type receiver for an easy 1st down on Monday night.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: We have a speed burner in the slot. ]

Some might not like this but I looked back at a couple of the 3rd down situations and I think it's a two fold problem. 1 being that the play calling in the 2nd half outside of the first drive was just bad. I love TE but there's no good explanation for taking the ball out of Etienne's hands completely. Also it seems like they have trained Lawrence too much to look for the homerun ball. There were plenty of chance for him to dump down pass to receivers but he was looking downfield. I know this comes with maturity at the position, but the coaches need to get him through to his check down more. Galloway could've been an absolute weapon the other night. Just got away from what we normally do.

Our speed burner doesn't seem to have inherited #13's

Jan 15, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to We have a speed burner in the slot. ]

ability to always be open on third down. That to me is the most glaring difference from last year to this year on offense. We just didn't have a "go to" guy on third down at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Galloway function as a third down converter a la Hunter Renfrow next season?

Jan 15, 2020, 10:07 AM

He will be awesome next year.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:10 AM

I was definitely encouraged by what he did Monday night.

And actually, he was very effective against OSU as a blocker.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 10:12 AM

He looks huge too. He will be such great option and take some pressure off of TL.

Jan 15, 2020, 3:01 PM

He will be important but we will have another number 13 next year.

Jan 15, 2020, 3:11 PM

Who? Amari in the slot is a weapon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 3:47 PM

Brannon Spector his HS tape was unreal. He redshirted this year He can run great routes and has great hands. He won’t start but you will see a lot of him next year. He had a few catches this year in limited action including a beautiful route and catch against the #####.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic