Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Coach V have the Syracuse speed O solved?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Will Coach V have the Syracuse speed O solved?

Sep 23, 2018, 7:21 PM

He's got GaTech down now.
What about Suracuse?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On another note...

Sep 23, 2018, 7:26 PM

Syracuse forum, looks like they REALLY expect to win again...Not hoping...expecting.

Re: Will Coach V have the Syracuse speed O solved?

Sep 23, 2018, 7:34 PM

Just two years ago Coach Venables shut out Syracuse in the valley (56 to 0). It's not so much the Syracuse scheme as it is the difference in the Syracuse offense with Dungey at QB. Dungey go hurt in that game two years ago and it showed. Last year, Dungey had that special kind of night against us (similar to the night Mond at A&M had three weeks ago) where he made the most out of every possible opportunity that came his way. The key to this game will be containing Dungey - he is a very good runner and can hurt you with his legs.

The good news is that we have plenty of tape on Dungey and Syracuse and I'm confident Coach V will have a good game plan to contain this guy. That and the fact that the Valley should be very "welcoming" of the Syracuse offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Coach V have the Syracuse speed O solved?

Sep 23, 2018, 7:42 PM

Last year the coaches killed our defense in practice trying to mimic the offensive attack from Syracuse. If you watch that game it seemed our defense had "Dead Legs" syndrome. I believe it was from the pace we had in practice, and it's relentless pace. Alot of players talked about how difficult the practices we're leading up to that game. I hope we learned a lesson and prep a little prudently this go around.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic