Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Cain or RRMC go pro after this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Will Cain or RRMC go pro after this year?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:06 PM

Haven’t seen this discussed much. I thought Cain would be in the mix but his numbers this year haven’t been too great- has suffered from the loss of Watson and also hasn’t really stepped up as much as I hoped (not like nuk and mike Williams did in their junior years).

RR has tremendous talent but is short (5-9) and fumble prone. I can’t see his stock being that high this year and I find it unlikely his stock would get that much higher next year (will be sharing touches with Rodgers and Higgins).

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain is a goner

Dec 11, 2017, 10:11 PM

Ray Ray is an interesting case. he should play one more year as a full time corner if he wants to go pro.

I tend to agree

Dec 11, 2017, 10:24 PM

But I think Ray Ray could also get a good draft grade and head out. He's been a focal point of our offense and special teams, despite his inability to secure the ball. He has ridiculous talent and is a game breaker / home run hitter. Both McCloud and Cain would get drafted in the next draft. I'd also think they could improve their draft position with one more year, but I'm not sure it would be a ton of improvement as I think both would go in the top 3 rounds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I tend to agree

Dec 11, 2017, 10:35 PM

if they both leave I really don't think we'll miss them too much. neither guy has ever seemed completely "all in" to me. Ray Ray has improved in that area some but still makes the same old mistakes he always has and Deon just seems like he doesn't care enough about being great. he never lays out for a ball, he stomps around when he doesn't get the ball or the QB misses a throw. I hate to criticize tigers but these 2 are juniors and I see more effort and want to from the underclassmen.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:38 PM

Lmao.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree ]

Lol wow

Dec 11, 2017, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree ]

Unless you know these guys personally, you have no frickin idea how "All In" they are.
Dumb post.

Re: Will Cain or RRMC go pro after this year?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:21 PM

I agree Cain is gone. RR seems like a 5th/6th rd slot receiver to me so who knows.

I'm more worried about the D-Line attrition. Do we lose all 3 ?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:42 PM

I would think Bryant may be back but I think he could go by round 3 if he leaves. Ferrell and Wilkins are first rounders IMO. Bryant could be as well. Registee, Kelly, Foster, Rudolph, Yeargin, Thomas, Mascoll, and possible Henry. We will be fine at DE. Our DTs are dominate and with Wilkins gone Johnson, Robinson, Pinckney, and Huggins will step up

Dec 11, 2017, 10:26 PM

They honestly should both come back. Cain was a projected 1st round pick before the season and his stock has taken a bit of a hit. He has been a great receiver throughout his career but from everything I read online, NFL people view Cain as a "one trick pony" because he is at his best when he can just run deep routes and fly past people. Martavis Bryant was the same way but Bryant also has 3-4 inches on Cain.

I think McCloud has proven that he can be a very good player in space and an effective receiver as well as a dangerous return man. But Ray Ray he is a junior and still has a hard time holding onto the ball consistently, but what will hurt him most is the fact that he's 5'10" and that's not gonna change, so he may do what Artavis Scott did and just test the waters and see what happens.

No matter what, I wish these guys the best in everything that they do and I'll always pull for them. But I think everyone would love if they were both back in 2018.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:44 PM

They must not watch film if they think Cain is only good going deep.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:23 PM

Yeah, I don't think he's the most polished route runner and he doesn't have the grown man "go up and get it" ability that Mike Williams had, but he's also only played receiver for 3 seasons and that needs to be factored in somewhere. The guy can play and he's put up pretty solid numbers for a WR with a new QB in an offense that runs the ball quite a bit more than the past 2 seasons.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:28 PM

I thought Will Cain already worked for ESPN?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:35 PM

No, both need to develop more. Cain has matured through the year and is a reliable WR. Next year we likely rely on the QB run less and WR stats jump up again. Cain and RRMC have round 1-3 potential if they prove their hands next year. Both will do well in the combine.

Cain more than likely and Ray Ray no.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:37 PM

That's how I see it.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:12 PM

Deon will be gone, but I can't see Ray Ray leaving

Dec 11, 2017, 11:26 PM

I think Ray Ray needs to come back and focus on ball security. Pro teams do not tolerate fumbles unless you a crazy good and can make up for it. NFL career fumble leaders are generally pro bowl or hall of famers that had a bunch of touches over a long career. A late rounder with fumble issues isn't going to stick around.

Still, he has been a great player for us and wish him well.

Call me crazy, but I would take Renfrow

Dec 12, 2017, 6:01 AM

Over either of them if I owned NFL team. I don’t think either of them are better than late 5 or 6 round at this point. Not trying to bash either player but I just don’t see how they translate at next level

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call me crazy, but I would take Renfrow

Dec 12, 2017, 6:55 AM

Me too, any day of the week. Renfrow will have a great career in the nfl. You can’t say that for Cain or ray ray. They definitely could have good careers.

Ray ray wouldn’t be drafted if he came out this year and Cain wouldn’t be earlier than the 4th. I hope Cain leaves because I think both players behind him are better at that position. You have to be able to make the tough catch playing our 9 man, and Cain has proven that he can’t. He waits for the ball to fall into his hands instead of high pointing the ball. Tee Higgins just has playmaker written all over him and Overton has made a few tough catches this year as well. They will both be high draft picks if they are given a chance to reach their full potential.

Don't know what they will do but they both need another

Dec 12, 2017, 8:20 AM

year of College in my opinion. Cain still drops quite a few balls and has yet to show he can regularly "dominate" defensive backs the way, Sammy, Nuk, and Mike Williams demonstrated in college. If Cain were to go pro after this year, I don't think he will be an early round draft pick. Artavis Scott was a more reliable receiver than Cain and went undrafted in last years NFL draft. Scott was an all ACC receiver three years in a row and I just don't see Cain being better positioned than Scott for the draft.... IMO Cain should stay and get that degree - pro football isn't going anywhere and he will have another year to improve and show everyone that he can be that dominating kind of receiver we believe he is capable of and greatly up his draft stock.

RRMC - as stated by many others size and ball security are a concern. RRMC has really come on strong this year and has been a great player but also think another year would do much for his draft stock.

IMO the number one priority for both of these guys should be to earn their college degree then worry about the pro's. The professional football draft and subsequent career is a crap shoot - a college degree is forever. If they stay another year in college, they will only solidify and improve upon their draft stock as neither are "guaranteed first rounders" like Christian Wilkins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic