Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wilkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Wilkins

Jan 13, 2018, 7:39 PM

The text messages are flying fast and furious - word is that he's torn and hasn't made a decision. He is not, however, sitting with the graduates on stage at the banquet

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am betting he and the rest

Jan 13, 2018, 7:41 PM

Will be glad when Monday comes and goes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wilkins

Jan 13, 2018, 7:43 PM

GO WITH YOUR HEART #42 -- Clemson family will always have your back !!!!! Good Luck, young man !!!!

THANKS Mr.Hood !!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 7:44 PM

He deserves a separate press conference announcing his decision.

Like CJ.***

Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

What does PV stand for?***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Wilkins ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Everything you want in a Clemson student

Jan 13, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Wilkins ]

football player, and man.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 7:45 PM

David what’s your gut feeling? Stay or go?

Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 PM

We're already playing with house money in this situation. If he decides to go, I'll 1000% understand the decision, and if he comes back I'll be absolutely ecstatic. He needs to do what's best for him. The Clemson Family will love him no matter what.

It would be real hard to say no to millions

Jan 13, 2018, 7:48 PM

Kid has a ring and most importantly his degree. I can’t blame him for not coming back.

I know College is fun and Clemson is special as we all know, but that is life changing money. Barring no injury the money will be there but it’s a big role of the dice.

Either way I respect this young man’s decision.

Re: It would be real hard to say no to millions

Jan 13, 2018, 7:51 PM

I agree. He has won a title and graduated. He's gonna be a high 2nd round pick at worst in my opinion. If he comes back that's great but I do not believe he should. If he were my son I'd tell him to go. It's the next step in life regardless of the outcome.

Jan 13, 2018, 8:03 PM

That’s all true. He got his degree in 2 1/2 years. He could get his masters

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

If he was my son I would tell him to do what HE wants

Jan 13, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: It would be real hard to say no to millions ]

to do. Only live once so no regrets!

Who's side are y'all on here?

Jan 13, 2018, 7:55 PM [ in reply to It would be real hard to say no to millions ]

Lol, but seriously, life doesn't get any better. I don't care what people say.

A freak accident is a freak accident. You can't make decisions according to statistic anomalies.

I'm sure living it up in college as big man on campus wouldn't be the worst thing that happened to the young man.

while I agree with your sentiment. I’d also agree with him

Jan 13, 2018, 8:27 PM

If he decided to take the money and go on to the nfl. Logic vs emotion. If he’s a top 15 pick like some are saying... you won’t improve that next year. If he’s slated to go round 2/3 like others are saying...then come back.

But I don’t think you or I’d give up a lottery ticket if it’s there for the taking. So y’all please don’t be haters if he chooses to go.

Re: while I agree with your sentiment. I’d also agree with him

Jan 13, 2018, 8:51 PM

I guarantee you NO ONE would be hating or disrespectful if Christian decides to leave Clemson and go to the NFL. I don’t know where you have been for weeks or if you know what true Clemson fans are, but NO ONE has said anything remotely negative against any of our young men. These are Clemson Men, Clemson Family and Clemson Athletes. What ever school you pull for may turn on their athletes, but we don’t. Everyone has sad they would like them back but also said that they wanted them to do what they wanted to do, to do what they need to do, to follow their dreams.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

You only have 1 shot at SR year.

Jan 13, 2018, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Who's side are y'all on here? ]

You have to work for the test of your life. Stay for your once in a lifetime senior year.

The NFL will still be there and you can improve your draft stock still.

And Legendary status with another Ring!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You only have 1 shot at SR year.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:53 PM

Only one shot? Then please explain Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield haha. Or 80s sitcom Roomies.

Jan 13, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to It would be real hard to say no to millions ]

Not arguing against him going (I personally would support him either way), but the money will be there for an injury as well. He'll have a LARGE, extremely lucrative insurance policy if he comes back.

Maybe he won't take the paycut.***

Jan 14, 2018, 1:15 AM [ in reply to It would be real hard to say no to millions ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 7:50 PM

Such a huge decision. I so appreciate his love of Clemson, the team, and his fellow DL comrades.

What a leader...what a heart.

I am praying that God leads him to the best decision and gives him a peace.

Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 PM

Thanks for the post reminding me to pray for Wilkins to have God's heart and direction!

Personally, I really hate it for Wilkins that he is torn. It

Jan 13, 2018, 7:55 PM

would be so much better for him if it was a clear cut choice. Either way.

Best wishes....

Personally, I really hate it for Wilkins that he is torn. It

Jan 13, 2018, 7:55 PM

would be so much better for him if it was a clear cut choice. Either way.

Best wishes....

Are the "grads" on stage those that are known to be

Jan 13, 2018, 8:11 PM

moving on and/or those that have exhausted all eligibility? He did graduate, seems cold that Dabs wouldn't let our man eat at the adult table?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you never been to The Golden Corral? It's a fine establishment

Jan 13, 2018, 8:21 PM

If he stays - he gets the buffet twice

Don't understand why you insist on making this so hard

;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Haha, I see I'm not the only one that hates when...

Jan 13, 2018, 8:42 PM

I get this way.

Sup gville? Happiest of Saturdays to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haha, I see I'm not the only one that hates when...

Jan 13, 2018, 9:47 PM

I'm splendid - hope you are as well

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Are the "grads" on stage those that are known to be

Jan 13, 2018, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Are the "grads" on stage those that are known to be ]

I believe it was Christian’s choice not to sit with the seniors because he has not decided definitely to go. BUT his remarks as one of the captains did sound like goodbye to me. No doubt he is torn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, & CW seems to be ahead of the curve in most things.

Jan 13, 2018, 11:23 PM

I just wasn't sure the "meaning/attributes" of those invited to sit at the staged table or the who might be the likely members in sharing the fellowship there of this Last Supper.

I hope he finds a peace to make the decision that's best for Christian.

Have a great night.

MP

Jan 13, 2018, 8:20 PM

Man you can really tell this has been a tough decision for all of them. So glad to have Bryant and Ferrell back, I hope nothing happens to make them regret it such as an injury, hope they take out the insurance.

On Wilkins, while selfishly I would love to see him come back, I hope he makes the decision his heart leads him to and has no regrets afterwards. I will support either one and be thankful we had him for the 3 years we did if his decision is to go. He is a true Tiger for life, has been a great representative for the Tigers throughout his college career, and will continue to be one no matter his decision.

The only reason for him to stay is...

Jan 14, 2018, 1:27 AM

how much he loves his teammates, his team, his coaches and his school. There is no other logical reason.

I'm not him, but I kinda feel how difficult it is for him.

No matter what he decides, he's always a Tiger for all of us and he'll get our 100% support.

Re: The only reason for him to stay is...

Jan 14, 2018, 7:05 AM

We as fans have nothing to say about his decision. CW has always shown to think for himself...he's views life differently than most people, perhaps differently than anyone other than his coach, whom he's on par with. My sense is his decision is tough because he loves the college experience, the brotherhood of his teammates and, frankly, all that is Clemson University. He embraces the culture and all that's 'in those Hills'.

NFL won't be the football he's grown up with and he knows that. Yes, he'll have the insurance policy as a back-stop, should he return...the school can pay for that, so no worries there. His decision comes down to furthering his education with an eye on post-football, or going now, fully aware it's a game of mercenaries, little brotherhood, and even less fun. I can see Christian Wilkins going the Robert Smith/Barry Sanders route, playing for several years, but realizing it doesn't address his 'life calling' and walking away with his health and an even brighter future.

He's a very, very special Clemson Tiger!

Just go C-Dub...

Jan 14, 2018, 1:48 AM

We love you brother and we will be ok!! Live your dream.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 14, 2018, 1:22 PM

What is offerred/available in regards to insurance for someone like Christian? Does the school pay, or what?

Jan 14, 2018, 1:32 PM

6-10mil would be my guess

Jan 14, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Wilkins ]

It's based on draft prospects; i.e., which round(s), then underwritten from there based on the NFL scale for the selection. The school can pay the premium on the player's behalf. Oregon had a top 10 player in '14 who returned for his senior season...tore his ACL in the game against FSU. UO had taken out the policy on his behalf and it paid off as, due to the injury, he dropped to round 6 I believe.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic