»
Topic: Why should there be any controversy over who the QB is????
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jul 21, 2018 4:31 PM by: PanamaRob
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Why should there be any controversy over who the QB is????

[8]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 6:21 PM

It's common sense - if KB is playing better going into the Furman game, he starts. If TL is, he starts. And if they're even, then KB keeps his starting job from last year.

How would it look if right now Dabo publicly stated that TL is going to be our starter this season?
Do you possibly think he could put any more pressure on TL than that? And what would that say to KB and the veterans on the team?

Let them compete for the job.

AMEN!***

[2]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 6:58 PM

military_donation.jpg

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Why should there be any controversy over who the QB is????

[2]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 7:08 PM

Dabo wants to start KB so he can prove to everybody that he can get it done. Starting Trevor Lawrence would be like Dabo saying they were wrong about KB being able to get it done and he won’t do that

[2]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 7:50 PM

Wrong it would say that KB was our best option last year and now after a long battle in the offseason TL proved he's better if TL ended up our starter that is.

If you think we have a qb problem how bout sc with only One ready

[1]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 9:05 PM

and he’s been terrible vs Clemson with two huuge losses!

And, now Saban seems to be saying Hurts may not come back or even start if he does.

Saying, Clemson has 3 qb’s who can win 10 & maybe more!

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 4:31 PM

The new Northwestern QB was our best last year.

[2]
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 9:04 PM

I'm happy with either one of them starting for now. I do think it should be KB unless TL really pulls away in practice. But I understand why people might be touchy about it. In 2014 when Stoudt started instead of DW4, it clearly cost us points and maybe even a couple of games. I think Dabo will make the right decision, but I understand why there might be some concern about the decision.

2018 white level member

[2]
Posted: Jul 21, 2018 7:57 AM

At CLEMSON, we don't call it a 'controversy'. We call it a "competition". HTHIA

There is no controversy. Our fans are psycho.

[1]
Posted: Jul 21, 2018 10:15 AM

none of the fans gets a say in who plays so it doesn’t matter what they think. Just noise and uninformed opinions.

Agrred. If TL weren't on campus, we'd all be telling...

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 10:30 AM

...ourselves how great a job Dabo was going to do coaching KB and working on improving his passing game to give us a more multi dimensional offense. We'd be singing his praises about how he took a team to the #1 ranking after we lost one of the best players ever, destroyed Miami in the ACCCG, and only needed a couple more seconds on a few plays against Alabama to have taken us to the Natty for the third year in a row. Anybody who came on and said he had peaked and would never be able to improve would be called a coot for lack of faith in our player and coaching staff.
I hope they both do well, play lights out, and give our coaches some fantastic options and hard choices. I hope CB adds to the mix.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Syracuse
FOR SALE: I have one (1) ticket for each of the following home games: Clemson versus Furman, Georgia Southern,...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1104 people have read this post