Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not Clemson ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,251

Why not Clemson ?

Feb 20, 2020, 9:31 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/john-beileins-seven-best-landing-spots-for-college-basketball-return-from-texas-on-down/ar-BB10an9M?li=BBnba9I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not Clemson ? Why

Feb 20, 2020, 9:44 AM

when we already have a coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so do the other schools mentioned

Feb 20, 2020, 10:06 AM

every school that hasnt fired their coach already has a coach ;) Not saying we should dump Brownell but just cause you have a coach doesnt mean there might not be a better option. After choosing to retain him, I think BB has rightfully earned another season with the results we have shown this year and the incoming recruiting class.

However, had he become available last season, coupled with the disappointing season we had, I wonder if there might have been a different discussion going on as to if we should pursue him. You would have had a situation where a coach just had a tough year and a name coach just happened to become available. Thats not the case this season, as I think Brad has done a good job with the circumstances of this year, so to dump him at this point would be a tough move to make. Just interesting to think about how timing of events comes into play.

Because we already have a coach.***

Feb 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

so no team that already has a coach looks for a replacement

Feb 20, 2020, 10:16 AM

that they think might make the program better. Not saying this is the case here, cause I wouldnt agree with a change at this point and think BB should be given another year minimum. However, you yourself even said you would be for getting a new coach if we were serious and showed commitment to basketball. If BB is the best coach out there, why would you be willing to hire a new coach. This would imply you think there are better options out there, that we just arent serious enough to go after them. we already have a coach right

Funny.***

Feb 20, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Because we already have a coach.*** ]

Re: Why not Clemson ?

Feb 20, 2020, 10:46 AM

There is not a HC position open at Clemson. And I believe they never mention Clemson when the big time coaches are looking, it's bc everybody believe that the Clemson administration is OK with a mediocre basketball program. Truth hurts sometime, but it's the truth!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get it right, they Administration is good with overpaying

Feb 20, 2020, 11:39 AM

for mediocre basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic