Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is the apparel contract
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,191

Why is the apparel contract

Jul 2, 2018, 1:10 PM

That Clemson has with Nike the lowest of all ACC teams? Is it because our contract is older than the others and hasn’t been renegotiated? We are way down the list of all the schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nike hates Clemson.***

Jul 2, 2018, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Nike hates Clemson. Well ESPN hates us actually

Jul 2, 2018, 1:49 PM

and Nike just follows what they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nike hates Clemson. Well ESPN hates us actually

Jul 2, 2018, 2:51 PM

Yeah, I was just goofing on the old ESPN Hates Clemson meme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Why is the apparel contract

Jul 2, 2018, 1:19 PM

I really don't know, but don't think it's because it's that old because I don't think it's really that old. I buy a lot of Clemson stuff online and see a lot of "almost gone ", so it doesn't make much sense to me

Link to contracts?

Jul 2, 2018, 2:03 PM

Where did you see this? I've actually never seen the contracts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link to contracts?

Jul 2, 2018, 6:05 PM

It’s in the post mstiger made earlier.

Jul 2, 2018, 3:10 PM

MY be based on size of fan base versus the others which are generally larger schools

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 5:07 PM

Those contracts are written in many different ways depending on what the school allows. For instance, Spurrier renewed their UA contract right before he left. He was getting paid several million over the next several years and I think 2018 his last year of contract and is getting like $1.3 mil even though he has been gone.

That said, Dabo don't take any money from Nike. At Clemson, Nike has a multi sport contract but Dabo has about half paid in product instead of money so all the teams and coaches have all the gear and swag covered which makes the contract seem lower than it is. When the contract is fully monetized we are still a little low. I am pretty sure we got locked into a 10yr contract before we hit our national relevance and we have like 3-4 more years. I read somewhere that we should expect a huge bump in our next contract.

Jul 2, 2018, 6:23 PM

I believe it last until 2022

Jul 2, 2018, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is the apparel contract ]

Nike would be smart to start renegotiating soon as hot as our brand is now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 9:09 PM

Because we refuse to wear those ridiculous looking chrome helmets!!!

Clemson actually re-signed with Nike just a few years ago

Jul 3, 2018, 8:04 AM

The problem is, Clemson didn't even remotely entertain the possibility of going with another vendor.

Nike improved the deal compared to what Clemson had before so it is better, but comparatively speaking, it is not nearly as good as the contract a lot of other schools have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson actually re-signed with Nike just a few years ago

Jul 3, 2018, 8:29 AM

clemson did look at other companies and could have signed for more for sure. drad has talked about this often. we stayed with nike because it is nike. kids love nike. not me so much. the reason our contract is not as much as some others is our fan base is not as big as a lot of schools. that is afterall who buys their stuff. us. drad seemed pleased with the deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your answers are here on Tigernet (link)

Jul 3, 2018, 8:45 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemson-University-and-Nike-extend-apparel-contract-13654

Isn't Nike giving all their money to Oregon. How many National Championships have they won?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a small fan base compared to a lot of much

Jul 3, 2018, 9:14 AM

larger state schools thus Clemson sells less apparel. That might change to some extent if we can continue to be a football powerhouse for the next decade to the point where Clemson starts to gain a bit of a national following and transcends the small regional school thing.

Right now though, in terms of popularity, we aren't even #1 in our own state.

One other thing to note... we signed the latest contract

Jul 3, 2018, 9:17 AM

with Nike in 2015 right before the run of national title and playoff appearances. I would imagine our brand has gone up a bit in value since then. Nike got really lucky with their timing on that one.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,191
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic