Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is everyone assuming TL is out for ND?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,712

Why is everyone assuming TL is out for ND?

Oct 29, 2020, 10:00 PM

How does the math work on this thing? Anna Hickey tweeted that Clemson tests on Wednesdays (and a couple other days). Assuming he tested positive on Wednesday, the ND game is exactly 10 days later. So is he out for the entire 10 days following the test (TH-following Sat) or does yesterday count as day 1 or is it exactly a 240 hour thing from the time of the positive test? Anyone know the nitty gritty details on this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone assuming TL is out for ND?

Oct 29, 2020, 10:02 PM

I don’t think anyone knows. We’re all just speculating. But if he can’t practice or be with team for 10 days, ND game is gonna be tough for him to be effective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's still clearly the choice at QB unless he's literally

Oct 29, 2020, 10:04 PM

still sick. If he's 100% healthy it doesn't matter that much that he didn't play or practice for 10 days. He's still Trevor Lawrence and a slightly rusty Trevor Lawrence is going to be better than almost any other QB in the country.

Re: He's still clearly the choice at QB unless he's literally

Oct 29, 2020, 10:06 PM

I hope so bud. Right now we just gotta survive Saturday and hopefully get some defensive starters back for ND.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone assuming TL is out for ND? ]

I would take Trevor w/no practice over any other QB in the country.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:13 PM

If a student-athlete tests positive for COVID-19, they’ll isolate for at least 10 days from the detection of symptoms or the return of the positive test result. The athlete must also have recovered for at least one day. The team’s medical staff will decide when the athlete can return to play.

So that would mean that the 1oth day would bethe ND game- it states he must recover for one day- so that would be Sunday- day of recovery-
the catch is the sentence- medical staff will decide- I don't see Dabo pushing is medical staff- other coach, I am not so sure.

Oct 30, 2020, 6:41 AM

That would not be Sunday. I read that as he must not have symptoms for 24 hours. So cough, fever, what not. Many people stop haveing symptoms after a few days. He must still sit out the 10 days. But that could be Saturday. We also don't know if we are counting from his positive test day of Wednesday or onset of symptoms which could have been earlier. Its going to be hard either way but its possible he could play.

Oct 30, 2020, 2:36 AM

Trevor cannot travel for 10 days either. He would have to fly on game day (Saturday) to South Bend.

He ain't gonna play against ND. They may not announce it until the last minute.

One more thing: Not all athletes are ready to go all out right away after recovering. For some, it takes a few weeks.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,712
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic