Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Virginia Tech so bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 151

Why is Virginia Tech so bad?

Nov 18, 2018, 12:04 PM

Fuente is supposed to be a very good coach, but they look terrible in his 3rd season. He did very well at Memphis. Does anyone know why they suck so bad?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Virginia Tech so bad?

Nov 18, 2018, 12:07 PM

They are giving up more points than I ever remember, Miami has been horrible on the Offensive side of the ball this year and still put up 38 on the Hokies. Might be time for Foster to "retire"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 12:10 PM

Virginia Tech only has 2 more wins than us all time. We'll pass them this year so I'm glad they are not good.

Nov 18, 2018, 6:25 PM

Virginia Tech only has 2 more wins than us all time. We'll pass them this year so I'm glad they are not good.

VT was a minor league team for decades after Clemson reached the major college level. Of VT's 742 all time wins, 309 of them came against minor level opponents (non-FBS Teams). Of Clemson's 740 total wins, only 191 came against the same classification of minor level opponents. Clemson is 22-12-1 versus VT all time. Beamer was the best coach in VT's history; Clemson has a winning mark against Beamer over his career at VT.

Given the facts of the matter, it's silly to compare VT's total wins vs Clemson's total wins and reach any real conclusion that favors VT historically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost like 8 or 9 starters from last year's defense.***

Nov 18, 2018, 12:08 PM

Nov 18, 2018, 12:11 PM

Starting a bunch of guys that should be second or third string with no depth or size, especially on the defensive line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Nov 18, 2018, 12:43 PM

They are YOUNG. I can count their seniors on one hand, and save the THUMB for Sakerlina. Fuentes is indeed a good coach, but needs his players to mature. I think Josh Jackson (QB) went down to injury early this year, and Josh is a very good QB. They might win the Coastal within 2 years. Mark it down.

We play our 3rd. & 4th string D, due to attrition and

Nov 18, 2018, 12:48 PM

Injuries, that are starting theirs.

Nov 18, 2018, 12:58 PM

I live near Blacksburg. The word around here is big changes are coming to VT. Not sure if that means Foster is leaving or Fuente is leaving. Yes, they're very young and injuries have been a factor. But they shouldn't be this bad either. The team has quit and Fuente looks disinterested.

Go Tigers!

Nov 18, 2018, 1:35 PM

Maybe that's why Fuentes never became our O Coordinator. Just something missing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 2:18 PM

Rumor has it They have the best defensive coordinator in the country.

Jimmy's and Joe's. They're about where their recruiting

Nov 18, 2018, 3:02 PM

suggests they'd be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 18, 2018, 4:37 PM

They were never that good, built up on seasons of wins vs terrible teams and always losing the big ones. Their all time record vs top 10 is something abysmal like 60th or 70th win percentage and I think vs top five like one win, literally 1-31 all time vs top 5.

Everyone's record vs top 5 or top 10 tends to suck, but to be 60th in win % sucks for a fanbase that thinks of itself in much higher regard than it is.

didn’t their qb go down for the year?

Nov 18, 2018, 4:57 PM

2nd string must not be cuttin it

Re: didn’t their qb go down for the year?

Nov 18, 2018, 6:28 PM

They can always go back and find the next Bill Dooley and complain about the noise again. Keep yelling!

Bud Foster***

Nov 18, 2018, 6:35 PM

Nov 18, 2018, 6:56 PM

What we are seeing with the turkeys is how bad Coach Beamer ran the program in the ground, just like his holiness slurrier at usuck. They lack miserably in facilities and Fosters lunch bucket defense could not break out of a wet paper sack. When a program goes down the toilet it does not matter who you bring in. It may take years to put a respectable team on the field or it may simply not happen. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic