Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Trent Dilfer considered a QB guru?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Why is Trent Dilfer considered a QB guru?

Feb 5, 2014, 12:58 PM

Frankly, he is a bit too emotional and his evaluations during the elite 11 don't pan out.

I remember some kid that didn't have a major scholarship offer was just raved about by Dilfer. He awarded the kid MVP and Dilfer opined about how schools that did not offer him a scholarship didn't know talent.

Well, that QB ended up with 2-3 minor scholarship offers(I think he is at SMU).

So what is Dilfer's pedigree? I don't think he is as good of a talent evaluator as people make out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He's on TV.***

Feb 5, 2014, 1:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On account Gamecoot Steve already took title of

Feb 5, 2014, 1:07 PM

Emperor

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really not know who Trent Dilfer is?

Feb 5, 2014, 1:21 PM

He was drafted 6th by Tampa Bay in 1994, started in his second year, then made the Pro- Bowl in his third year as a starter. After signing with the Ravens, Dilfer won the Super Bowl after turning around an offense that didn't score an offensive TD in three games. He ended up playing QB in the NFL for 14 years.

So, ya know, he might know something about being a QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you really not know who Trent Dilfer is?

Feb 5, 2014, 1:25 PM

Yeah maybe the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl. His evaluations are as suspect as his play.

Feb 5, 2014, 1:58 PM

"The worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl"

...I'm sure he cries himself to sleep every night over that distinction. What a scrub!

He really wasn't that good. He got carried to the SB

Feb 5, 2014, 2:09 PM

win by the 2000 Ravens D (one of the best in the history of the NFL) and Jamal Lewis.

His stat line in that SB was 12-25 for 153 yards.

Before he replaced Tony Banks...

Feb 5, 2014, 2:13 PM

Baltimore hadn't scored an offensive TD in three games. He obviously made a difference on that team, even if he wasn't the main reason they were winning.

Kinda ridiculous for somebody not to even know who he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Do you really not know who Trent Dilfer is? ]

Oh, you mean Dilfer the guy who threw more interceptions than TDs over his NFL career? So sad to see such a knowledgable QB guru lost amiss a high school throwing competition.

Feb 5, 2014, 1:59 PM

I know right. It's so easy to play in the NFL. Dilfer is garbage.

He sucked***

Feb 5, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Do you really not know who Trent Dilfer is? ]

He was a Pro- Bowler and a winner***

Feb 5, 2014, 1:57 PM

He sucked***

Feb 5, 2014, 2:02 PM

Re: Why is Trent Dilfer considered a QB guru?

Feb 5, 2014, 1:40 PM

Dilfer was far from the best QB of all time, but that's what makes him a "QB Guru" in a way. He wasn't the physical superman like many of the other guys out there. He made his bread by studying as much as possible. Therefore, while he may have not been the best QB of all time, he has a very high IQ regarding the position.

Has new favorite QB every week***

Feb 5, 2014, 1:40 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

He won a Super Bowl

Feb 5, 2014, 1:52 PM

by handing the ball to Jamal Lewis and depending on a fantastic defense to shut down opponents.

Re: He won a Super Bowl

Feb 5, 2014, 2:02 PM

Not really a Dilfer fan myself, but how is this relevant?

Do some of you really believe Dilfer's analysis is the same as some regular Joe just because he was little more than a game-manager for a great team?

That's sort of like telling a 25 year old baseball player that they can't coach your kid's little league team because they batted 8th in the lineup in the World Series.

I think you are missing the point. The question is

Feb 5, 2014, 2:11 PM

why is a mediocre NFL QB like Dilfer considered THE QB guru for guys trying to find their way in the NFL rather than, oh i dunno, a really good ex-NFL QB.

Maybe the truly good QBs just aren't interested in doing it, i don't know.

Exactly right.

Feb 5, 2014, 2:14 PM

His pets never pan out and he disses on the QB's that eventually produce.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Which isn't even true***

Feb 5, 2014, 2:14 PM

You love some Trent Dilfer, don't ya?

Feb 5, 2014, 2:17 PM

I could find many better evaluator ot take his place. But they wouldn't cry all over the recruits.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic