Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Bama #2?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,100

Why is Bama #2?

Oct 31, 2017, 7:40 PM

Copy/pasted this from an ESPN forum...good debate:

“Can someone explain what Alabama has done to deserve being ranked 8 spots ahead of Wisky/Miami? All three are 8-0 (well, Miami is 7-0), all three have played joke schedules up to this point, all three have beaten exactly one power 5 opponent with a winning record. I'm not sure where the massive division between these three is being dreamed up. If Wisky is 9th, then ranking Bama any higher than 7 is absolutely ludicrous.

Bama is one of the top 4 team in the country. Wisky and Miami are not. But resume-wise? All three are virtually identical. Putting that much space between them shows a very clear bias still exists.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t disagree with argument but

Oct 31, 2017, 7:42 PM

Alabama is a Top 4 Team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Bama #2?

Oct 31, 2017, 7:42 PM

Eye test

Because most realize Bama would beat either by

Oct 31, 2017, 7:43 PM

3TDs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this team have a better resume than all three?

Oct 31, 2017, 7:47 PM

Bama has 3 wins against teams with a winning record. Wisconsin and Miami have 2 each.

None of the three have a win against a CFP-ranked team.

What if I told you there was an undefeated team, not named Georgia, with 3 wins against teams with a winning record and 1 win against a CFP-ranked team? And that they were winning by 31 points per game?

UCF is up to #5 in the S&P+ now. They are murdering people.

Oct 31, 2017, 8:55 PM

Remind me of Petrinos first really good Louisville team back in 04 when they were still in the CUSA.

Oct 31, 2017, 8:51 PM

I think Bama has been winning games in blowout fashion, much moreso than Miami. Bama spanked FSU with no drama whatsoever, 24-7. And Miami needed a last second pass to beat FSU. Wisconsin is more impressive than Miami in margin of victory, but not at the level of Bama. Bama's defense is suffocating, and that's why they beat teams 41-9, 59-0, 66-3, 45-7...and don't even have to look particularly great to get those types of margins.

Oct 31, 2017, 9:06 PM

They also don’t take their foot off the gas. They may sub 2nd and 3rd string in, but they set those guys up for success.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2017, 9:02 PM

He answered his own question. It's obvious they are a top 4 team.

I didn't listen to the show tonight but I hope they took a lot of flak for their weak schedule up to this point like other teams have in the past....

Oct 31, 2017, 9:09 PM

Except Bama started #1. Miami and Wisconsin have climbed the rankings each week that's the difference. Bama has had the pressure on them since week one and they've shown adversity and they've beaten the tar out of everyone. Miami and Wisconsin have not. Miami has squeaked by nearly every opponent

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic