Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why doesn't Clemson respond to a loss like Bama does..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Why doesn't Clemson respond to a loss like Bama does..

Oct 18, 2017, 12:26 PM

by wiping up the field with their opponents and run up the scores, so there is no doubt.

If CU does not blow out the remainder of the schedule and ACC championship, no playoffs this year.

Prediction:
Bama will win the rest of the games this year and beat Georgia for SEC. If score is close, Georgia will drop to number 3 and make it to the playoffs. If not close game, they drop to 5 and leave two spots open.
Wisconsin will win out, unless they blow it vs Michigan, and move to number 2.
TCU will lose possibly twice - Iowa State and OK.
Penn State will lose two vs OSU and Michigan.

That leaves one or two spots, number 3 and 4, with 4 to play Bama in first round - Ohio State may lose another to either Mich or Mich State, they would be out, then CU easily at number 4.

Other - Miami prob lose to Syracuse and ND.
South Florida will win out, but their schedule strength keeps them out. probably finish ranked 7th or 8th depending on how they do in their bowl.

I love college football!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blow outs don’t matter. A one loss acc champ is in.

Oct 18, 2017, 12:33 PM

Other conferences will play each other now. Only one team can win the penn state Ohio state game and if Georgia plays Alabama only one team will win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why doesn't Bama respond to a loss like Clemson does..

Oct 18, 2017, 12:37 PM

Clemson is the current National Champions

Don't fall victim to E$PN's BS "eye test"....

Oct 18, 2017, 12:38 PM

where they lead you to believe that style points and margin of victory somehow matter.

They don't.

That's just E$PN's latest attempt to force feed the college football public their self-serving agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why doesn't Clemson respond to a loss like Bama does..

Oct 18, 2017, 12:41 PM

Blow outs don't matter. All Clemson needs to do is win every game by 1 and we are back in the top 4. Teams ahead of us will drop.

Alabama will probably go 12-0 and win the SEC so that's #1, Penn State has a real tough stretch of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State over the next 3 weeks. I don't think they make it through all three. Still, one of those 4 will get in the playoff if they have 1 loss. That's #2. Georgia will probably a drop a game later this year between Auburn, GT, or Florida. Jake Fromm has looked solid but Georgia hasn't had to win a game with the QB and I don't think they would be able to if put in that situation. I think they drop. TCU and the Big 12 always find a way to choke in the last few weeks and ruin their shot at a playoff spot. Wisconsin has played literally nobody and will probably lose at least 2 games in the regular season. Miami is a fraud, plain and simple. They will lose 2-3 games before December, and maybe play themselves out of the ACC Coastal. It will all play out how it should if we keep winning.

Oct 18, 2017, 1:01 PM

> Blow outs don't matter. All Clemson needs to do is
> win every game by 1 and we are back in the top 4.
> Teams ahead of us will drop.
>
>
Has Dabo found a QB outside of an injured Bryant? There doesn't appear to be one on his roster beyond KB and he hasn't proven he can beat anyone with his arm either.....your leading receiver (renfroe) is ranked #17 in conference. Your defense seems solid but I don't think CDS has the hosses on offense to make the playoffs this year.

Get back to us if you get past Auburn...

Oct 18, 2017, 2:13 PM

UGa's only decent win was against a mediocre Notre Dame team that will likely end the season with at least three more losses.

That said, I hope you absolutely eviscerate $CU in a couple of weeks.

Their offensive line is in shambles so they don't have much of a running game. The key to beating them is to get pressure on Bentley. He's a serviceable little QB if he has time to sit in the pocket, but under pressure, he'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why doesn't Clemson respond to a loss like Bama does.. ]

Hope you keep that in mind in a few weeks when you watch Clemson jump back in the top 4 after the committee looks at OH State and Clemson and sees Clemson's wins vs theirs, or possibly even yours though your are undefeated. Don't forget they do not take into account margin of victory, that's clearly written in their rules. But they do take into account wins vs top 25 teams and strength of schedule....which Clemson's is better than Alabama, Georgia, Penn State, and OH State on both of those, even with a loss. ;) They also look at injuries that happened, etc.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Oct 18, 2017, 3:12 PM

They will also take into account that KB was knocked out of the game in the first half and was never fully healthy for the playing time that he did get.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dude your a Georgia fan

Oct 18, 2017, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Why doesn't Clemson respond to a loss like Bama does.. ]

The real playoff contenders are talking over here, go back to the boards for mediocre bowl contenders.

We did last year after Pitt. We cleaned up. Havent played anyone yet.***

Oct 18, 2017, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because we would have to throw the ball and not

Oct 18, 2017, 12:44 PM

run the qb incessantly to do that.

And as we all know that is not good offense

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Oct 18, 2017, 12:45 PM

Wisc will lose to Mich or in the champ game. Miami probably lose to Cuse?? TCU will not lose to Iowa St. USF should be in if undefeated but I doubt they get in.

USF ain't getting in...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:47 PM

They may get in one of the other two major non-playoff bowl games but even that's a stretch.

Their schedule currently ranks 103rd in the nation.

hey does anyone remember that we beat Bama last year?

Oct 18, 2017, 12:46 PM

why do I keep seeing "why can't we do this like Bama" threads?

So the way we responded last year wasn't good enough?

Oct 18, 2017, 12:48 PM

Smh

Oct 18, 2017, 12:50 PM

Your insight on college football is pretty bad. Iowa State will not beat TCU. Penn State will not lose to Michigan AND Ohio State, they may lose 1 but not both. You forgot to mention Georgia plays at Auburn, that could be an L. Wisconsin will not be undefeated going into the playoff selection. Alright that's it

Oct 18, 2017, 12:54 PM

It's why I don't gamble.

Enjoyed everyone's thoughts.

Clemson does respond well (look at 2016) TNet doesn't***

Oct 18, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I reckon watching ESPiN is ok if you keep your feet on the..

Oct 18, 2017, 1:10 PM

floor and your head out of your butt. We are not Alabama and I'm thankful about that. If you don't understand we can talk.

The four teams will come from four major conferences. No rematches. We win we're in no matter how close our games are this season.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 1:18 PM

Dabo isn't concerned with kicking a defeated team when they are down. He develops his players and rewards those who have earned playing time. It's worked out so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i disagree! If they win out they will be in the big dance

Oct 18, 2017, 2:19 PM

Alabama does what they do because Saban teaches them and the staff not to take the foot off of the gas. He wants perfection regardless of the opponent. Just my thoughts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama does what they do because Saban teaches them and the staff not to take the foot off of the gas. He wants perfection regardless of the opponent. Just my thoughts

Re: i disagree! If they win out they will be in the big dance

Oct 18, 2017, 2:44 PM

Last year Alabama kept their foot on the pedal and it cost them the national championship. They failed to develop their reserves in those blow-out games and the old engine ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. If the game is a blow-out, clear the bench and build depth like Dabo does. I'll be happy if we have a one point win for 15 games.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 2:55 PM

Agreed and I am not saying which is right or wrong but merely stating my observation

Oct 18, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: i disagree! If they win out they will be in the big dance ]

Exactly. They have kept 1st string players in to blow out:
FSU - After injuring the QB
Fresno State
CO State
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss - Under sanctions after the call girl scandal
Arkansas

...and they beat Texas A&M, but only by 8.

Seriously, the only teams they have played are maybe (maybe) A&M and FSU. Cake schedules make cake teams look fat.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic