Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do we rarely, if ever hold for the last shot in the half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,480

Why do we rarely, if ever hold for the last shot in the half

Feb 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

when we can?

Like against Duke, we had the ball with 14 seconds. I predicted we would shot with about 10 on the clock, and we shot with 11 on the clock and then Duke got the last shot.

Isn't that like basketball 101?

Second think, why was Donnell riding the bench for so long after he had come in played on fire? He didn't see the court again for a LONG time. Like well into the second half. It seemed odd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do we rarely, if ever hold for the last shot in the half

Feb 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

Turrible coaching and execution.

Duke had the opportunity to hold for the last shot, but

Feb 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

they didn't. Then we had an opportunity to hold for the last shot, and we didn't. Duke played great defensively all day...sometimes you just have to take an opportunity.

As for Donnal...it's been answered many times today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sure, but we predictably don't hold for the last shot

Feb 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

And Coach K was upset when his team didn't, they normally do.

And the Donnal answer has been challenged. The evidence doesn't support the claim.

What answer has been challenged?

Feb 19, 2018, 3:08 PM

Did you see the job Thomas did protecting the rim, or the job Skara was doing on Allen? Is your solution to just keep Donnal in for the entire 2nd half and hope he keeps shooting well to outscore the difference you give up on the defensive interior?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'd suggest Brownlee and the boys master inbounding the ball

Feb 19, 2018, 2:21 PM

first before they start worrying about clock management. Seriously, not sure i've seen a worse inbounding team in the 25 years i've been watching basketball.

Oh c'mon !!!!

Feb 19, 2018, 2:42 PM

They need to master getting the ball across mid court against pressure defense too !!!!

I will admit, bricking the ball off the back side of the backboard on the inbound pass was mind bottling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bc CBB is a turrible coach and we need a change???

Feb 19, 2018, 2:54 PM

AmIDoingItRight???

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do we rarely, if ever hold for the last shot in the half

Feb 19, 2018, 4:28 PM

Simply NOT a concern for Coach, apparently. Has been a constant complaint of mine for years. I DO believe it BBall 101. Ditto on safer inbounding and on the use of bounce passes within the half court sets. Simply not the fundamentals being stressed given our constant failures in those areas, none of which seem wise.

That having been said, another really good effort out of our team while shorthanded. I too think you must find a way to keep a hot hand in the game, especially when so many others are struggling; but it was already going to take an extreme effort to beat Duke without Mitchell and Gabe struggling so mightily sealed our fate. Was amazing we were tied with under 2 minutes.

Whether we make top 4 in ACC or not, so long as we get Mitchell back in good health I think we win any extra game(s) and remain in a good spot in both tourneys to knock some teams off - perhaps we get another shot at Duke. Go Tigers!

Rarely, if ever?

Feb 19, 2018, 5:49 PM

The truth of the matter is that we rarely DON’T hold for the last shot when we have the opportunity.

The poor timing at the end of the first half against Duke is not the norm for us in that situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

I think we like, forget***

Feb 19, 2018, 8:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic