Topic: Why do I feel like Doeren talks to his players like this
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 19, 2018 10:28 AM by: gonefishinii
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Why do I feel like Doeren talks to his players like this

[1]
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:08 AM

before they play us every year. Apparently he failed the class in "coach speak" with the media. Normal coaches just say "We need put pressure on the QB." I think him and this guy are cut from the same cloth. Scum!

NSFW so use headphones, but the words are spelled out on the screen from the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA

Re: Why do I feel like Doeren talks to his players like this

[1]
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Having played about 8 years of football in my life I never once heard any coach discuss injuring another team's players . Or even alluding to it .
The fact that it is a tough and physical game alone should make that sort of talk obsolete .
It's bush league , and coaches that teach that way are low class punks , IMO .
Respect the game , play it on it's own merits and leave the tough guy talk to the players on the field .

2018 white level member

DB23

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:58 AM

Can you imagine Williams as Burfict’s defensive coordinator? He would be shanking people.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 10:28 AM

You can believe Dave Doeren does not talk to his players like that! Dave is a really good guy, it's not "anything it takes to win" for him. Football is very important to him but developing the total person to be a good dad or run a good company down the road is just as important. I've never seen a coach in college football do a better job all the way around, on and off the football field!

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 10:24 AM

I think you're right about Norene. It's as classless as you can get and absolutely no place in football.

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
573 people have read this post