Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 109
| visibility 1

Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ?

Apr 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

They seem like pretty reasonable and nice people? I don't live in the upstate so I don't have to deal with any Georgia people ever. Are they obnoxious or something

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ?

Apr 19, 2018, 10:41 AM

Proximity.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:45 AM

You obviously have never been to a game there. The fans are poor winners and even worse losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 11:21 AM

You are dead on, my friend. I have been to most of Clemson's games since 1970, home and away and there are no other fans even close to Georgia's fans. Absolutely worse fans and it's not even close.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 7:14 PM

Did you ever go to Maryland? I went in 1978 and their fans were worse than anything I ever encountered in Athens.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

You are dead on, my friend. I have been to most of Clemson's games since 1970, home and away and there are no other fans even close to Georgia's fans. Absolutely worse fans and it's not even close.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 8:54 PM

I agree that was true until three years ago. I think that is about the time Coots got to be worse than Dawgs.

Because of Bubba and Earl

Apr 26, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

We are playing Auburn. Sanford Stadium. National Television. Winner wins the Southeastern Conference; goes to the Sugar Bowl.

85,000 people jammed into Sanford Stadium. National television audience. This game is on the Armed Service Network. People in Switzerland are seeing this ballgame. Going everywhere.

The band cranks up “Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia” and our team comes running out. 85,000 stand as one.

We are led by our gallant mascot, UGA-U-G-A. What a dog! What a gorgeous dog. What a symbol of ferocity. But UGA ain’t real smart. UGA did not realize he was at a football game. Nor did he realize he was on national television, and was going into living rooms the width and breadth of this great nation.

And there, in front of all them people, he began to lick himself where dogs occasionally want to lick themselves, ok?

We don’t have to get any more graphic than that.

Bubba an’ Earl sittin’ on the fifty.

Bubba sees the dog, punches earl and said, ‘Earl, look at that dog. Dadgum, I wish I could do that.’

Earl said, ‘Bubba, that dog’ll bite you!’”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Apr 26, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

I've been there twice. 91 and 94. We lost both games. Never had any trouble. But I've heard horror stories especially in the 70's. In '91 it was great. The Braves were about to win the division that day and go on that incredible run. Tiger and Dawg fans came together in the bars to pull for the Braves. Lots of fun even though we lost the game later and I sat in the middle of the home Georgia side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 10:46 AM

It was pretty heated rivalry in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s... Have only played twice since then and it was 1-1. Otherwise I think Clemson and Georgia fans are kind ok with each other but we still talk smack like we play every year. We do enjoy when each other beats SCar though :)

Apr 19, 2018, 10:47 AM

In general, UGA was a major rival for us in the 60s, 70s and 80s. We played them every year from 1967-1987, with the exception of 1972.

Now, I live in Georgia and 90% of the fans in my area are UGA fans. They are delusional, believing every year that they will win the SEC and win the Natty. Last year, their smugness of finally being good almost caused me to move. I enjoy watching them lose and their fans suffer.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

I'm with you Fluxus - doesn't matter what the sport - I wish they'd lose every games just like the coots. in fact, I can't stand losing to them worse than the coots. and we've always owned them in baseball and the fact they just swept us hurts pretty darn bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This times a gazillion.***

Apr 19, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

Apr 19, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

yep, the mutt are back out in full force and are pretty insufferable

'Reasonable and nice'??????

Apr 19, 2018, 10:54 AM

I have no...

I mean like...

I can't even...

You know????

You clearly don't live in Atlanta

Apr 19, 2018, 10:54 AM

UGA Football is basically the second coming...

Re: You clearly don't live in Atlanta

Apr 19, 2018, 11:59 AM

yep, mutts are out in full force again

So, you have never been to Athens for a game.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:56 AM

Apr 19, 2018, 11:04 AM

It's not a matter of hatred or dislike, it's the nature of a Tiger fan to view fans of other schools in an altogether different manner. Clemson fans have replaced hatred and those sorts of character flaws with genuine love. But our love is built on a scale from 100 to Zero. Naturally, our love for the Tigers is at the top of the scale. Unfortunately, fans of some schools just don't get the level of love we have for Clemson, some even approaching the Zero level. Fans of some schools make an extra effort to diminish our level of love for them.

This love/hate topic is somewhat akin to the rotten apple in a barrel tale. For example, in a barrel containing 100 apples, there may be no bad apples (think Clemson fans), or there may be just a few or all but one are rotten. Ninety-nine rotten apples in a barrel of 100 apples is just not going to garner much love.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

During the 1980's I considered Georgia our main

Apr 19, 2018, 11:04 AM

rival in football. Schools are so close together. It is ashamed that we do not play them much anymore in football. Their fans are usually rude and nasty.

Go to a uga home game wearing an oposing team hat.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:18 AM

Mother theresa couldn't walk through campus un assaulted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Go to a uga home game wearing an oposing team hat.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:18 AM

Mother theresa couldn't walk through campus un assaulted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My Dad played for the Tigers and

Apr 19, 2018, 11:19 AM

my Uncle played for Georgia. So, our family has always liked both - which is pretty unusual for Tiger fans.

Pretty crazy, but for me it's the Tigers #1 and the Dawgs my number 2. When they play each other, I'm all in with the Tigers for sure.

But I don't mind Georgia and it's probably just because of the family thing. So, I'm one of the few Tiger fans that doesn't hate Georgia.

good lord....

Apr 19, 2018, 11:20 AM

this is another stellar poast

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 19, 2018, 11:23 AM

I went to one Clemson / UGA baseball game around 20 years ago. Georgia students - dozens, not 2 or 3 - stood out in the parking lot after the game and yelled and cussed at the Clemson fans and baseball team as they were leaving. The 2 cops standing nearby acted like nothing out of the ordinary was going on. I knew going in that those people were obnoxious, but that was just too much for me. I will never go bad to that cesspool.
And that was actually a better experience than the football game I went to in the 80's where they were throwing liquor bottles out of the upper deck... and cussing fans in the parking lot after the game.

because they are all toothless and smell like poo***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

I went to Athens in the mid 90’s (to a coot game) and saw a

Apr 19, 2018, 11:46 AM

Fata$$ pull it out and start pi$$ing in the upper deck b/c he was too lazy to walk down. After all that I had seen that day, it was not even a top 5 moment of classlessness. But he did have cool face paint though at 50+ years old. ??

Have you ever actually attended a Clemson/Georgia game?

Apr 19, 2018, 11:41 AM

I've been to several and in my experience, UGa fans are the most vile and repugnant fan base of any collegiate team I have ever encountered.

They seem to go out of their way to garner this distinction.

I will say this for them. They don't discriminate. They hate everyone and treat everyone like $#!7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Last weekend I went riding with all my Clemson gear on

Apr 19, 2018, 11:47 AM

(as always). Out of the hundred cars I saw, consisting of Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Clemson, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Auburn, and a few other schools, the only ugly fans were the Georgia fans. One, a car full of Cracker Inbreds, rolled down their window and yelled "Clemson Sucks." I replied "yeah, right" and suggested they actually win an championship this century before trash-talking the best team in the country.

Every other fan-base was either neutral or friendly.

Just and example, but examples are all we can go by.

Re: Last weekend I went riding with all my Clemson gear on

Apr 19, 2018, 12:26 PM

You saw a USC car? Did you at least help point them back towards the West...that's a long drive to LA/SD...further if it's San Fran!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have graduate all over the country. California's going

Apr 19, 2018, 9:00 PM

down the toilet.

because the only reason Florida doesn't

Apr 19, 2018, 11:49 AM

float off into the sea is because Georgia SUCKS!!!

Oh, I'd rather drink swamp water out an ol' hollar log
than for 1 skinny minute be a JawJa Bulldawg

Apr 19, 2018, 11:49 AM

Georgia fans - especially the Wal-Mart Dawg fans - are absolutely terrible, and even the mainline fans are edgy and confrontational.

They are kind of like NC State fans, but with a lot more pretension and entitlement. And those Deep Georgia fans are kind of college football's version of the classic Liverpool soccer hooligan. A lot of them just seem to show up to find fights and cause trouble, and just lurk in the parking lots without ever going into the games. Way too many of that ilk. Not that the ones inside the stadium are more pleasant.

Maryland's fans probably take the cake as being the most repugnant ever because they work so very hard at it - thank God they went B1G and we got Louisville, for all I hate Petrino I actually have kind of liked Louisville fans so far, MASSIVE upgrade - and West Virginia fans are close because, well, West Virginia, but the Dawg fans are kind of in a league unto themselves as far as natural talent for being jack-arses.

Plus Kirby is apparently going straight Wild West with his recruiting right now, and is pretty much daring every staff out there to do sumpin' about it...that likely won't end well, and right now it's causing...friction.

they are as delusional as the Coots.

Apr 19, 2018, 12:00 PM

No national championship since '80, but think they are a national power.

Apr 19, 2018, 3:31 PM

My first experience in Athens was Butler's 62 yarder (ball landed just to the left of me ??). Their redneck fans went out of their way to start fights in our groups of orange tailgating. Mooning arses/birdy fingers/profanity screeched out of moving cars etc. I despise everything THUGA related. Pretty cocky fan base for a weak trophy case at the Butt Smear

Would love to drop the coots to smear them regularly!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I was at that game (1986)

Apr 19, 2018, 1:42 PM

Was walking out of the stadium afterward, and heard a girl cussing up a blue streak about the g-d fing redneck tiger fans. I turned around and she punched me in the mouth! Classy coeds there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live on the Ga. border in the low country,Ga. sans are all

Apr 19, 2018, 12:37 PM

over even though they lived in SC all their life & no ties to the U,I ask them all why nobody pulls for GT & 100% of the time ,they have no answer. I never pull for them with all their jump on the band wagon fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok thank you all for reasons to dislike them now

Apr 19, 2018, 1:28 PM

I think I'll do just that from here on out!

Apr 19, 2018, 1:57 PM

I don't get it. Georgia fans don't seem to have this level of hatred for Clemson. Ask most any UGA fan to list the teams and fans they hate and you'll hear Florida, Auburn, and Ga. Tech.

I think the answer is pretty obvious

Apr 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

One group is civil, friendly, and likable. One isn't.

I will give you a perfect real world example of why, and

Apr 19, 2018, 2:03 PM

this is almost commonplace when it comes to them, not an isolated incident.

2003, AT Clemson, Georgia WON 30-0.

As I was leaving the game going back to the car, there was a group of Georgia fans heckling an older Clemson gentleman AND HIS WIFE, who were wearing orange overalls as part of their gear, with "Ha, ha f**ing old man, we sent that F**ing farmer back to Clemson today!" And on and on just like that, obscenities all the way to the parking lot.

They have even less class than Gamecock fans, and that is darn near an Einsteinian impossibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is sad, but wearing overalls didn’t help. Even orange ones.***

Apr 21, 2018, 12:13 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

in the early 2000s in the early Richt years

Apr 19, 2018, 2:11 PM

When they were good their fans were insufferable in Anderson. Every Saturday night in fall they would invade the anderson restaurants from Hartwell or wherever with their loud obnoxious Georgia gear on.

One of my friends in middle school at the time was a huge Dawg fan. He was the definition of obnoxious. In those days I hated UGA more than SC.

I don't have any love for Georgia...

Apr 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

...but I worked the CFP NC this past year and their fans were great-- I spent a few days interacting with them. They were excited to be there and friendly. Reminded me of Clemson fans in Phoenix and Tampa.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a fanbase was excited to possibly win their

Apr 19, 2018, 2:19 PM

First title in 38 years? Go figure

Re: a fanbase was excited to possibly win their

Apr 23, 2018, 8:09 PM

I suppose they could have been arrogant and over-confident, no? But they weren’t.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 2:29 PM

Geographically speaking, we look down on them, and they look up to us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 2:33 PM

UGA's bad fans give them a really bad name, most aren't bad at all to deal with and are good fans but the obnoxious ones are just enough to damper the way you feel about them.

Example, I work with an ex Buckeye player. Any game they win he goes off about how it was the greatest thing he's ever seen therefore I can't stand when they win because I know i'm going to have to hear all about how they're winning the Natty this year and they're coming for us etc. That's how it is, not that we just hate them it's just that everyone knows that one UGA guy that ruins it for everyone.

Because they sukc. Next question?***

Apr 19, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 2:44 PM

I have seen jackbuts serving bar and ID checks at Clemson bars wearing a nmad Dawg ballcap until told by owners to remove them, and no riot....I will lay $100 on the line that any guy tooling an Athens bar as a bouncer on gameday wearing a Clemson hat is going to get his but stomped.Those drunk ssaholes are a disgrace to humanity.

Sounds like you've never had one bark 2" from your face

Apr 19, 2018, 6:07 PM

UGay fans don't need help with their overwhelming arrogance, but now that their team is finally competitive, it's flat out nauseating. Such nice people

Apr 19, 2018, 7:06 PM

When I was in school in the early 80s the Tiger Band would break out a little jazz riff and the crowd would sing “Georgia, Georgia, Georgia won’t you bite my a&&” while we were playing somebody else. I always hated Dooley.

Apr 19, 2018, 7:32 PM

Because they’re idiots.

I have to live with these deplorables everyday here in GA and they are just something special.

No seriously much of them are very tolerable from Feb-Sept...During football season though they want to make you bang your head up a wall...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 19, 2018, 7:50 PM

You had to be there in the 80’sto experience it. The only game I ever came really close to smacking the #### out of another woman.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I really did laugh out loud.***

Apr 19, 2018, 7:53 PM

they are reasonable and nice yet you don't deal with any***

Apr 19, 2018, 7:57 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 8:58 PM

If you were around for the Clemson/Georgia games in the late 70’s and 80’s, you would understand. Most bitter rivalry I’ve been ever seen.

I still cherish a remaining twig and ticket stub from the 1986 game “between the hedges”. God bless David Treadwell. “Awaiting the snap. The spot. The kick is up. The kick is GOOD !!! “

Apr 20, 2018, 7:55 PM

Enjoy the memory of that game 30 plus years ago. Ya got trucked last time.

Apr 20, 2018, 8:47 PM

And Treadwell’s kick wins in Clemson in 87 too.

I was so hoping we’d meet last year. We’d have beaten you last year and we’ll definitely truck you this year. Don’t get in our way.

Thanks for proving our point!***

Apr 21, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

Enjoy the memory of your one and only national championship

Apr 22, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

in the modern era, if you're old enough to.

I don't dislike them Reggae Man - I'm married to one

Apr 19, 2018, 9:06 PM

And girl Dawgs have it going on just like Tiger girls! But in foosball, let's kick some Dawg a$$.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:14 PM

Pretty simple... Only difference between a coot and the leghumpers is about 140 miles.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:33 PM

This one's easy. It's because we typically beat the #&!! out of Clemson and that makes them insanely jealous. Our overall record vs Clemson (42-18-4 .687) is better than Clemson's record vs South Carolina (69-42-4 .617). Read that again. That jealousy causes them to make up all these ridiculously funny stories about fan behavior and stuff like that - harmless stuff, mind you, as many fan bases make stuff up like that. But Clemson fans live for it. It's like you all try to outdo each other with the most laughable made-up story. I've heard this nonsense for years. It's hysterical. And it's like clockwork. You know, just like us beating the #&!! out of you is clockwork. You see, going back to 1906 (that's over 100 years, when Teddy Roosevelt was President) Clemson has beaten us by more than 10 points a whopping 3 times. Three. By contrast, we've beaten Clemson by more than 10 points four times in the last seven times we've played. The last time we played, we put up 45 on 'em. The last time Clemson put 45 up on us ... we'll let's just say I'll have to get back to you on that one. I could go on, but since this rivalry is currently dormant and I hardly ever post here, I'll leave it at that. :) :)

Have a nice day, and remember this is all in good fun!!

Apr 20, 2018, 6:15 AM

This dumba$$ red dawg just confirmed everything said about doggie fans in this thread. Trash breeds trash, been going on for years in Georgia. I see it still is.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 6:08 PM

dumba$$?? Very nice Mr fencebuster, way to set an example. I post some random facts about the series and you start with the name calling. LOL!
Tigersam, good for you that you were able to attend the one and only game where Clemson actually beat UGA in your lifetime. :) Hopefully we can square off again in the next couple of years.

Apr 20, 2018, 6:10 PM

not all of us do??

I'd like to think we might meet in the CFP....

Apr 20, 2018, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

but Georgia wont make it. ??????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd like to think we might meet in the CFP....

Apr 21, 2018, 7:11 AM

Maybe not. Georgia will have to beat Alabama. Clemson just has to beat someone from the ACC.

Apr 21, 2018, 8:26 AM

You play in the SEC least where your toughest opponent is the Coots.
So you might want to rethink that last post

Apr 21, 2018, 8:31 AM

No, I'll stand by it. To make the playoff UGA most likley have to win the SEC. That means most likely having to beat Alabama. Clemson won't have to play anyone on the level of Alabama to reach the playoffs. As for your shot about the SEC, I won't disagree but I never said UGA had a tough schedule.

Apr 21, 2018, 8:35 AM

We will beat Bama this year .
You see it’s Bama and Clemson then everybody else.
Your team did good last year but it’s got to be more than once every 40 years

It's actually because...

Apr 20, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

UGA fans are white trash. Ask anyone that's been to a game there. Much worse than Williams Brice

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

I will readily admit that for years, Dooleys bag man outrecruited us badly, with resultant success on the field. Which makes all you Georgia fans even more obnoxious, you don't know how to win OR lose with class. And, check back up in my earlier reply, that was no made up story. Makes me almost want to root for the Coots every time they play you, mostly I just root for a double forfeit due to ineligible players. It is humorous to see each year how many of your players are out on bail prior to the first game though, keep up the good work.

Your smug response is a perfect example .....

Apr 21, 2018, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

Many Georgia fans probably didn't graduate or go to school there. Did you graduate from Georgia? Georgia is a good educational institution. I can understand fans being faithful to their school, but acting like a ******* about it is no excuse. It's a sport and good sportsmanship is rarely seen today. Dooley never wanted to play us on a regularly basis no matter what your record may be against us. He knew that it would make inroads for us into his recruiting base. Grow up and stop lifting your leg everywhere on this site. Give respect and get respect. Have a great weekend.

Re: Your smug response is a perfect example .....

Apr 21, 2018, 11:17 AM

So Dooley was afraid to schedule Clemson yet he was 14-5 against them? Seems like he'd want to play Clemson every week. I guess he told you otherwise, though.

Reading comprehension is your personal problem....

Apr 22, 2018, 9:51 AM

I never said afraid and did give you credit for a better record. Even a good school. Maybe this is the reason again....smugness. Are you a man or a dog?

Apr 22, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

And yet we have 2 "natties" since the last time the Dwags won one..

Apr 22, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

You missed pointing out the fact Georgia has hosted Clemson 21 times more? I feel comfortable saying if we had those 20+ games back this series would be even

Ga's toughest out of conference game GT. Austin PP, Midd Tn St? Add the lame SEC East. Pretty balsy Ga

it is not the scores that make me hate..

Apr 22, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

the dogs/ It is the way I was treated at the games I attended in Athens. Had some redneck fans run thru out tailgate and overturn the table of food while spraying everyone with beer. Have had a fat ##### run past our group and grasp a necklace of one of the ladies and jerk it off of her neck causing injury. Have had multiple liquor bottles tossed off the bridge at Clemson fans. One lady in her 70's had to be taken to the hospital. Plenty of reasons to hate them besides the score

That, little pooch is not in good fun

Apr 19, 2018, 10:17 PM

It’s because at the 2013 game there was a uga fan sitting about 3 seats away from me and he barked, like an actual dog, after every play. That’s my story. (I’m only 18 so I don’t understand all the past history, but I’m guessing it’s more of the same)

You don’t get out much, do you?

Apr 20, 2018, 12:49 AM

Or do you actually live in Jamaica and don’t have to encounter those leghumpers at all?

I’ve had Jawja fans brag to me about having an 8-5 season. And that 8-5 meant they could beat us. Cuz their 8-5 is soooo impressive.

Yeah. They’re bad.

~JKB

Apr 20, 2018, 8:05 PM

Guess you weren't around for the 1984 game in Sanford Stadium when Kevin Butler kicked the 60+ yard FG to win it for them.I was there and as I reached the bottom of the stadium from the top deck going out the entrance I had a Georgia fan spit on me no lie... and talk about language that day good gosh almighty

Apr 20, 2018, 8:12 PM

Its the series record hands down......simple as that. Cu hasn't beaten Ga enough for us to hate you.

Apr 20, 2018, 8:52 PM

Their fans are literally as bad as Coots.

Apr 20, 2018, 9:46 PM

When I remember Georgia fans I have met, I think they are the last ones that should be allowed beer at a ball game. Usuk would be almost a tie with them.

Apr 21, 2018, 6:24 AM

This entire thread is full of one example after another of UGA fans suck because "one time 20 years ago I saw a UGA fan act like an a$$" or UGA fans suck because "their fans think the team is good." Yeah, some UGA fans act like idiots. You could find examples of that with every fan base. One knucklehead here cited UGA arrogance for a team that had not won a title in 38 years. Apparently he forgot that until a couple of years ago, Clemson hadn't won a title since 81. I'm sure no Tiger fans were optimstic or talked up their team during that 35 years because doing so apparently makes you a terrible fan base. Up until reading through all this I always thought Clemson's biggest and most hated rival was SC. I was wrong.

Apr 21, 2018, 8:32 AM

But after we win our 3rd NC this year I’m sure we will be able to forget about a game 30 years ago.
Oh yeah and our 4th ACC title in A ROW.
Screw UGA , WE TOO DEEP

Apr 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

I never brought up a game 30 years ago. I brought up a game from 2014.

Ok Afdoggie

Apr 22, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

I've sat here read your tripe. You just can't stand the reality of these posts

The fact that so many on here have had an incident with a Mutt fan is
the real tell tale sign of your fan base.

I myself over the years have had more than one run in with them.
Am I embellishing this or speaking from experience? The answer is
you guessed it I'm truthing.

I will NEVER return to Athens again!!! Too dangerous for an old guy

It's not about the record between our teams, it's about lack of class
so don't try to twist it. You should seek a position as a PR man
for a politician

Re: Ok Afdoggie

Apr 22, 2018, 5:20 PM

I haven't questioned the validity of one the many "one time 15 years ago" complaints I've read here. Is it true? Probably. Is that reason to hate UGA fans? Apparently if you're a Clemson fan it is. As for you having "more than one run in with them," if it's a pattern it might just be you.

projecting physical inadequacy?***

Apr 21, 2018, 8:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 12:05 PM

Clemson fans are completely and totally obsessed with Georgia. All you have to do is look at the size of this thread - one of the largest going back 10+ pages. And regarding a team you don’t even play regularly anymore! Kind of embarrassing if you want to be honest. You’d never see a Clemson thread this large on a UGA board. Go ahead and try it - you’ll see.

And AFDawg is exactly right, it’s not like you guys have been a national fixture since 81. In that time frame, you had more 5 & 6+ loss seasons than we did, and we had more 10+ win seasons than you did. Plus we dominated the head-to-head. And perhaps more importantly, no one ever accused us of “Georgia-ing”. So you had one great season where everything came together and you snuck by Bama when the refs decided not to flag your pick play on the goal line. Hats off to you. I was actually pulling for you guys since everyone down here is sick and tired of Bama.

Yeah, the rest of the SEC-East is down right now, but be careful about that glass house thing. The Atlantic is a joke. NC State? Yeah right, they lost to South Carolina last year. Louisville? They lost to Miss St who we hammered (and we pounded them the last time we played them). Who knows what FSU’s gonna do. Even your permanent Coastal opponent, GaTech, lost to the worst Tennessee team in 40 years, in their own backyard. Maybe you guys can get by Syracuse this year. And when you figure A&M hasn’t done anything with any consistency since the Big12 was formed 20+ years ago, then your road to the CFP is not exactly what you’d call daunting. I hope you get there so we can slap you around once more - you know, like we typically do :)

I don’t really care about Georgia.

Apr 21, 2018, 12:23 PM

Sure, it was a big rivalry 30 years ago, but we don’t play much anymore thanks to conference expansion so the rivalry is basically dead. Most of the vitriol you get here are from fans who lived that rivalry in the 70s and 80s.

I live in Atlanta, and I don’t think Georgia fans are as bad as most of these posts suggest. Honestly, I don’t really care about Georgia because I don’t view them as a threat in any sport. Other than a good football season last year, Georgia hasn’t been relevant in any sport of importance in a really long time.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 22, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

I have never been to a game in Athens, but have heard the horror stories. I have some good friends who Are Georgia fans and they are easy to deal with. Like all fan bases however, there are bad ones and Georgia fans have been labeled as ones that have a lot of them. I have never liked Georgia, but it was not because we have a losing record against you. It was the stories of people throwing human crap on fans of other teams and numerous other things that many have mentioned. Here is others who voted you in the top 10 of worst fans. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/905155-college-football-2011-ranking-the-25-rudest-fanbases-in-the-nation

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Apr 22, 2018, 11:42 AM

Here is a Tennessee Vols site that fans crown you as worse . https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Board/114/Contents/There-are-no-worst-fans-than-UGAs-22831630. Before you say you own them, Tn leads 23-22 with 2 ties.

Apr 22, 2018, 11:47 AM

Here is a GT fans experience. http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/uga-has-the-worst-fans-in-college-football-hint-i-almost-died.103957539/

Apr 22, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/the-10-college-football-fan-bases-with-the-worst-reputations/ss-BBeNwx8#image=3. Here we go another top 10 independent poll.

Apr 22, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Clemson fans dislike Georgia so ? ]

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/auburn-fan-writes-open-letter-mistreatment-athens/ Hmmm I am seeing a pattern.......

Apr 21, 2018, 2:44 PM

They’re like coots and wuffies all rolled into one..... but worse

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Apr 22, 2018, 5:05 PM

Apr 22, 2018, 6:14 PM

Lots of inbreeding goes on around Georgia.

Apr 22, 2018, 5:40 PM

I am surprised you even posted that question! It’s like asking why do so many people dislike the coots!

Not slamming you my friend just thought all Clemson fans understand our dislike for UGA, Coots, Duke, NC, FSU, OSU , Bama, etc...

Apr 23, 2018, 11:33 AM

All I know is we need to schedule a home and home again.

I need me some Esso Club..:)

And some boiled peanuts.

what's to like about them?

Apr 22, 2018, 7:09 PM

Jk

Re: Go to a game as a visitor and get back with us.

Apr 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Worst fanbase ever, with coots a close 2nd IMO.

TIA

Screw Calford.

Apr 23, 2018, 7:08 PM

Bc they are jawja. No other reason is necessary imo...

Apr 23, 2018, 8:35 PM

They are insufferable flea bitten varmits with a potential to blubber about how great they are even when they suck - which is all the time. Their fan base is delusional and rude and a bunch of inbred rednecks.

In my opinion anyway.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2018, 1:20 PM

Ten four.

I don't disike UGA. I don't think about them.

Apr 26, 2018, 1:26 PM

I think they are on the rise and will be like Bama in a few years, so I respect their talent. The only team I dislike is USCjr..

Replies: 109
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic