»
Topic: Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 14, 2020 4:20 PM by: Pig
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 10:30 AM

It makes no sense that conferences and NCAA are cancelling after athletes had started training. Right now things across the country are the best they have been in two months. I always thought the “leaders” were taking a wait-and-see approach, hoping things would get better. Now that things actually are shaping up some, they pull the plug. Lots of wasted effort and money. I don’t understand!!

Is it just a basic fact that a majority of those leaders in the academic world cannot lead? Why are these same people still allowing dorm living and in-class instruction? Were they just scared to make a decision? Are they going to pull the plug on dorms and classes AFTER everything is started?

I understand shutting things down, but I will never understand how it is being done...

Go Tigers!

I suspect they were holding onto hope that the drug

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 10:39 AM

companies would be able to fast track a vaccine to market. While I don't believe that will happen before the start of the season, I do believe it will happen before the end of it. (Assuming the Conferences that have said they will play actually do play.)

After all, Pootin already has a vaccine?

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

the vaccine doesn't come out until November 3rd......

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 1:27 PM

regardless of who gets elected the national narrative and agenda will completely change to something else and the virus will vanish.

I'm actually on the complete opposite side

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 12:09 PM

Why not wait longer? Why did the B1G rush into canceling their season?

2020 white level member

Re: Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?

[2]
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 1:44 PM

I would imagine it’s a tough spot to be in. You cancel too early and things clear up or look really good do you stick to your guns or backtrack and open it up again? You do that then coaches complain that kids didn’t work out cause they thought they weren’t playing and are out of shape. You wait too late and people aren’t happy. My family runs a racetrack in Georgia. If you cancel a race too early because weather people say it’s gonna rain and then it doesn’t, people complain cause you called it off too early. If you don’t and everybody shows up and then it rains then they complain and say you should have cancelled it earlier. Basically it boils down to a judgment call. Nobody can predict the future just like predicting the weather. In the end you just hope you made the right decision.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 1:59 PM

Road Atlanta?

2020 white level member

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!

The best is yet to come!! I’m so grateful for Clemson Football going into the 2020’s

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 2:57 PM

Naw, real racing. Lavonia speedway. Dirt racing.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 3:31 PM

McCormick where you can bring your cooler and the dirt spews up into the lower stands.

Pig

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 4:20 PM

Yes, they will pull the plug after they get the checks. They had to get the money before canceling classes and dorm living completely.

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: 2 lower deck tickets for Virginia game, Section M, Row MM, $125 each (includes a Lot 23 parking pass...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1247 people have read this post