Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did Zerrick, Tucker and lastly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,866

Why did Zerrick, Tucker and lastly

Aug 14, 2018, 12:22 AM

Hunter Johnson transfer when TL showed up on campus? Was it bad decision making by the coaches during the season (Syracuse game) or did they know they couldn’t compete with TL? It’s even more surprising Dabo said the other day that Bryant could of gave up and transferred to play somewhere else his last year of eligibility but chose to stay and compete. I think we all know who the best QB on the team is and it’s only a matter of time before he takes over. Imo, with hunter transferring after spring practice says it all. Either he was mad at where he was post spring depth chart or knew that he better go ahead and get the transferring process over with because he knows who the better man is. This is a lot different than when DW stepped on campus. TB left and it was senior vs freshman. This is the same situation but this senior already has a full year of being the starter where as Cole’s first start was against GA at there house (which he drove down the field and scored on the first drive). A poster earlier put it best when he said we played GA and FSU in the first 3 games of the season on the road. Can you really blame the coaches for starting someone who’s been there 4 years compared to someone who’s been there 6 months to lead this team? That’s not including the freshman never playing in front of 80000 people for the first time with millions watching. Like I said, we all know who the best QB is but let the coaches do their job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know the answer to all the questions you asked.

Aug 14, 2018, 12:36 AM

TL is the next QB, but to start him against Texas A&M could potentially cost us the game at this point. We could probably win that game right now just running the ball 80 times. Because of that KB is the best offensive manager of our team on the field and will, at this point, be the starter.

The other guys left so they could get playing time that isn't mop up duty. This is something Clemson fans are not used to. This comes with being an elite program and getting top notch players. Some guys just don't want the competition and feel they should be written in as a starter on day one and some guys just don't transition well from being that Alpha dog 5 star recruit at a 1A school in Tucumcari, New Mexico to playing against other 5 star players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did Zerrick, Tucker and lastly

Aug 14, 2018, 12:53 AM

I really like Hunter Johnson and wish he had stayed, but I get it. I hope he crushes it at NW.

Ditto- and I don't think saying he

Aug 14, 2018, 7:43 AM

he was "mad" describes how he felt in any sense of the word as the OP asked.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's simple

Aug 14, 2018, 8:29 AM

I think HJ will do well at NW but keep in mind, when KB went out against Syracuse, he wasn't the next in line, it was Zerrick.
Under the rules of the NCAA, kids have to make a decision very early in their career to have 2 seasons left on the field. I feel like they all did what they needed to do and what was best in their individual situation. I hope they are all successful at the next school.
With that said, if TL is as advertised, and I think he is, they also knew that they were behind TL and definitely behind KB who has more wins in a season (see experience)as all but a couple other QBs in Clemson Football history. 4* and 5* kids don't take being second string very well. Imagine how well they take being 3rd or 4th string.....

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,866
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic