Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are you criticizing the 10 cupcake wins on Dabo?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,181

Why are you criticizing the 10 cupcake wins on Dabo?

Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 AM

He cannot help that we are in such a crappy conference. People need to learn what patience is. The sky isn't falling like many of the people on here make it seem like. He is building a program and that tends to take a while. He has made improvements to the program every year (ex: Chad, Brent, ect.) and I'm sure he will continue to do that. But don't come on here saying "He's worthless. 10 wins against cupcakes is not getting us anywhere." In my opinion, he still deserves another year or two because we have made strides towards a national championship every year under him. We will get there, it just takes time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are you criticizing the 10 cupcake wins on Dabo?

Nov 26, 2012, 10:46 AM

Is it possible that FSU and Clemson have become the new Boise -- NC contenders until they lose one game...

Because 10 wins doesn't necessarily mean

Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 AM

we have improved that much.

Same old ACC, it's always been that way.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 AM

It just fits the conference envy people's agenda. Check out our best team ever.

1980, Danny Ford played 2 ranked teams all year long. The "weak" conference didn't effect his team. He had the one thing this team is missing, a dominant D lineman that had to be accounted for. So shut your pie holes about the conference holding this team back, that one monster they don't have yet along the D line is holding this team back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Clemson_Tigers_football_team

We're headed in the right direction, still moving forward, just not quite fast enough for some of the internet knowitalls.

I agree in that sense. We have a golden opportunity

Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 AM

to dominate this conference and go to the BCS every year. It is so horrible that our schedule is a cake-walk. With SCAR in the top ten, all we have to do is beat one other OOC team in the top 25 and we'd be setup to play in the championship game!

Unfortunately, Dabo isn't a good coach, so we can't take advantage of this golden opportunity.

The one good thing about playing in a good football conference is that it would expose these joke coaches a lot sooner. Hopefully it doesn't take us 10 years to figure Dabo out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, please enlighten us on exactly

Nov 26, 2012, 10:59 AM

why Dabo isn't a good coach. IMO, he has improved the program, hired good coordinators, won 10 games two years in a row, and has been recruiting well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already did that in the thread that I started.

Nov 26, 2012, 11:08 AM

But quickly:

- 10 wins against cupcakes doesn't count for anything.
- Recruiting one or two superstars and leaving huge holes in DL, LB, DB, and OL doesn't equal good recruiting.
- Steele has already been thrown under the bus, who knows how long Venables will last, and Morris is probably moving on.
- We have nice new buildings, but the program is still a joke outside of the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were right Uttles - we should have hired Paul Johnson!..

Nov 26, 2012, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I agree in that sense. We have a golden opportunity ]

Surely he would have won a couple MNCs by by now, right? LOL.

Please, Tom, you should refrain from trying to add football knowledge to this board. You fail every time.

Who knows what he would have been able to do with our

Nov 26, 2012, 11:09 AM

talent at Runningback. Or do you think that Georgia Tech is as good of a recruiting draw as Clemson?

You give Paul Johnson James Davis and CJ Spiller, or Andre Ellington and Rod McDowell, and he would be playing for the MNC.

I hope you have NEVER Criticized Boise For Their Schedule***

Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Why are you criticizing the 10 cupcake wins on Dabo?

Nov 26, 2012, 11:00 AM

One thing Tommy could never get over was losing to a team we were suppose to beat. This year we did that. Everyone has to remember that most of the college football world was expecting us to only win 7 maybe 8 games and we won ten. the SC lose hurt but if everyone looked deep down inside, they were worried if we would win. It takes time and getting the right players in for the systems you run and BV has to have time to get the players he wants for his system. CM needs a solid line for his system to work and having only one starter back this year hurt even though they did a good job. CM needs to make adjustments for players like Clowney because he didn't this year. I look for next year to be even better. All of the young players will have another year under their belt and we will have healed up from all the injuries. We have some very talented kids coming in and if we get some of the one's we are going after we will be in great shape for years to come. We are on the verge of getting back in the NC picture with our team. Go Tigers.

When was the last year we didn't lose to an unranked team?***

Nov 26, 2012, 11:02 AM

2011*****

Nov 26, 2012, 11:04 AM

Re: 2011***** I mean we lost to an unranked team***

Nov 26, 2012, 11:04 AM

Let's make a clear note about the "cupcake wins"...

Nov 26, 2012, 11:03 AM

The teams Dabo has beaten to achieve all of his accomplishments in his first 4 full seasons - they have a better winning percentage than the teams Danny Ford beat in his 11 full seasons. That's a fact.

Don't let numbskull posers try to convince you Dabo is winning simply because the ACC is worse now than it was when Danny was winning.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic