Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why The KB hate?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Why The KB hate?

May 21, 2018, 10:06 PM

Have you forgotten?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYytRJ9eyTM

It's not a stretch to think he can't get better or has already improved. Don't let one game (the Spring game) define the guy's season.

I'm willing to see, as Dabo probably will, on how he performs game time which is why he should start. Then, the onus is on him to keep the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t hate him. He’s going to be an excellent backup.***

May 21, 2018, 10:08 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Don’t hate him. He’s going to be an excellent backup.***

May 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

Re: Why The KB hate?

May 21, 2018, 10:08 PM

“Hate?”
Who “hates” Kelly Bryant?

I take it you're a bit older?

May 21, 2018, 10:13 PM

Let me rephrase, 'Why are some of us demonstrating a lack of confidence in Kelly Bryant's ability to lead Clemson's offense by demanding he not start the season?'

Hth

Re: I take it you're a bit older?

May 21, 2018, 10:16 PM

Oh the da’s yell the loudest until proven wrong a lot of the haters are the ones that wanted to fire dado

May 21, 2018, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I take it you're a bit older? ]

Nope I’m 27. You worded that perfectly. Nobody hates him. Some people just “demonstrate a lack of confidence” in his ability. It’s pretty obvious when u see all the posts. People question his ability to throw downfield and some don’t think he can win a title. Those same people feel like TL can because of his ability to sling it. That’s the message I’ve gotten

May 21, 2018, 10:21 PM

KN won a title last year

Kelly Bryant

May 21, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I take it you're a bit older? ]

I don't hate Kelly, in fact he has been a loyal Tiger, but don't think he's a factor passing over 10 yards down field. He appears to lock onto his primary receiver, then runs if he isn't open. I don't think he is effective as a run pass option quarterback because of this and he won't win a national championship for us. He should start until TL is ready after a few games, then move to a backup role, but still get playing time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I take it you're a bit older? ]

And with good reasons. He hasn’t done it yet. You can point to several passes last year that were gimmes. Dc had to come back to the ball. He overthrew quite a few 5 and 10 yard passes too.

He’s not really good at reading defenses, he only looks at half the field and as far as making plays with his legs, there were plenty of times he should have had more yards. He’s an ok runner against inferior talent.

The few good defenses we played, he struggled. He doesn’t throw receivers open and he’s not close to being nfl talent.

We had two nfl talented qb’s on our roster yesterday, now down to one- haven’t seen CB yet but I would venture he is better too.

HJ plays last year we’re probably in the title game as an undefeated team. HJ not only had arm strength and accuracy but he did a good job looking the defenders down and dumping it or tucking it when needed. Didn’t have to see that in one spring game, players said it too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO . . he shouldn't have played as much as he did . .

May 21, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to I take it you're a bit older? ]

last year. And I know I was not at practice . .but there were times when it would have behooved us to have HJ in the game and not KB. The DL that came back, did so for a reason and I'm not sold that KB can get us there. He hasn't done anything that makes us think he will.

Re: IMO . . he shouldn't have played as much as he did . .

May 21, 2018, 10:43 PM

He won the acc last year

he did but . . .

May 22, 2018, 11:37 AM

I do believe we have developed into a team that has a goal set much higher than winning the ACC.

Re: he did but . . .

May 23, 2018, 9:38 PM

Well you're wrong

No, actually he isn’t wrong.

May 23, 2018, 10:23 PM

Our goals are to win a national championship. Winning the ACC is great, but our expectations are greater than that.

Also, Bryant being the QB on a team that won the ACC is not the same thing as Bryant winning the ACC Championship for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: No, actually he isn’t wrong.

May 23, 2018, 10:26 PM

Then ask dabo

May 23, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to No, actually he isn’t wrong. ]

True but he was arguably the most important player.

May 24, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to No, actually he isn’t wrong. ]

We won the MVP

Tell 'em coot

May 21, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to IMO . . he shouldn't have played as much as he did . . ]

Re: Tell 'em coot

May 22, 2018, 11:39 AM

up yours azzwhole

Re: Tell 'em coot

May 23, 2018, 9:39 PM

So you like ##### ?

May 21, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to I take it you're a bit older? ]

Probably because he's had a season that also showed it.... It's not hate, I'm sure every single person would love to see him improve and be able to be that guy, but facts are facts. 13 passing TD's is not elite level, nor is that performance enough to easily hold off a guy that broke Deshaun Watson's passing yards and passing TD high school records. And I'm sorry, but as a Senior, spring game should be looked at. When you overthrow guys 10 feet above their heads at a spring game, you are not improving where you need to be. I could care less if that is a glorified scrimmage, that doesnt excuse throws like that which a senior leader should not still be making, especially when he isn't live... But he did.

Is it really a bad thing that some can see his flaws that the NFL Scouts will also see and know if he wants to be the QB he needs to be to win a Natty and have any shot in NFL teams even looking at him in the slightest, there's one key area that is no where close to elite QB level?

There are too many people that aren't factoring in the bone he was given in playing probably the worst FSU team fielded in the last 2 decades with a 3 star true freshman QB, vs which he only still had 151 yards passing and 0 passing TDs.... And ended the season individually in passing efficiency BEHIND said 3 star true freshman and just barely ahead of that "never again" rival QB that should "still be in high school".

It's quite interesting how people here can say neither Blackman nor Bentley would be "national championship level" QB's, but the guy that sits between them both in passing efficiency at #59 out of 101 guys (none of the 3 are even in the first 50%) somehow is.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8/p2

May 23, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I take it you're a bit older? ]

We have no confidence in KB because of his deficiencies in the passing game last season and his abysmal performance in the spring game. It is clear that he showed no improvement and we all know how low his ceiling hangs. On top of that, Trevor Lawrence broke all of Deshaun’s high school records and looked great in the spring game.

May 21, 2018, 11:44 PM

You haven't been reading complete post. People are saying there is nothing but love for KB, but they also want what's best for the team as far as the QB, and most believe including myself believe that TL is the best choice with the receiving weapons we have on offense. Everybody agrees that KB would be better at another position other that QB. Those Elite receivers we have aren't happy with KB behind center, and I'm more than willing to bet that if they wasn't the type of kids that they are, they would make that statement in public!!! With a Hunter Johnson, Trevor Lawrence, or even Chase Brice, our receivers would have had much better stats at the end of last season, and Cain and McCloud would have been drafted before the 6th round I honestly believe if DW4 would have still been their QB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:48 PM

Why do you assume our WRs stats would have been better? Because of a spring game?? Even if they were better we could have had more turnovers and maybe less Ws. Who knows. I do agree with DW4 Cain would have been higher but I doubt Ray Ray would.

May 22, 2018, 10:07 AM

I appreciate your opinion even if we don't see it exactly the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 6:47 PM

Thanks and I am all for TL starting and slinging 4 or 5 TDs a game while leading us to a Natty I just don't know that he can do it. I hope so tho. I just think KB can lead us to the Natty.

May 22, 2018, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Why The KB hate? ]

I'd also add " with the running back Corp now carrying more load to where both Tavien and Travis had higher stats than Bryant, with that being his main upside...vs previous years where we only had maybe 1 RB to carry the main bulk of the load and needed the QB to assist". I think some are having issues with the fact we are getting where we can reshift back into a 2 back system and need a great throwing QB that can extend plays with his legs but doesn't have to carry the rush load as much as TB and DW did.

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

May 22, 2018, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Why The KB hate? ]

If DW4 had stayed for his senior year not only would the receivers have had much better stats, they would have been sporting B2B NC rings.

I agree with the majority of the posts as well. No one hates KB, he is a great Tiger. We will win the ACC Championship again this year if he remains the starter due to the level of talent on the team vs the opponents but alas we would also suffer the same fate in the CFP when faced with a team of equal talent that crowds the LOS and dares him to back them off with his arm.

May 22, 2018, 10:12 AM

It is my opinion that we would have won the natty also bc, DW4 would have scored TD's, and that would have put a lot of pressure on the Bama rookie QB, and they would have had to call plays that would have made the rookie less effective. With the score as it was, and they were keeping KB in check, vanilla plays for their rookie QB was all they needed!!!

May 22, 2018, 6:43 AM

It’s mostly coot trolls who are dumber than a bag of hammers

May 22, 2018, 11:44 AM

You dont really think that coots would stoop so low as to troll our boards do you?

No KB hate.

May 22, 2018, 7:11 AM

Hunter Johnson is just a better qb. Not sure why Bryant apologists think he shouldn't be criticized.
Honestly I hope HJ goes to a big championship caliber team and makes it to the playoff.

May 22, 2018, 11:42 AM

Its amazing how everyone turns into the smartest football analyst/coach when it comes to this subject. Man I love football! What would we do without it?

"Dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff."

May 24, 2018, 8:05 AM

Because the backup QB is ALWAYS the most popular guy on the team.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic