Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple.

May 2, 2018, 1:09 PM

No matter how prestigious Alabama may be, Dabo won't take someone else's sloppy seconds when he can build his own dynasty. Clemson to the CFP 3 years in a row coming into the 4th with possibly his most complete team.

And a national brand that is only rivaled by Bama's.

He's not going anywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if he does go back to Bama, i think he would be smart

May 2, 2018, 1:20 PM

to let someone else succeed Saban and fail for awhile first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if they offer a few million per year more?******

May 2, 2018, 1:35 PM

Clemson will match it***

May 2, 2018, 2:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple.

May 2, 2018, 1:46 PM

Hahahahahahaha, do you hear yourself? Clemson: a national brand that is only rivaled by Alabama.

Lol, you need to cross the state line sometime.
Shoot, just leave the Anderson Walmart.
There are over a dozen other universities that are much, much bigger national Brands than Clemson. And I’m being nice here.

This of course has nothing to do with Dabo or his employment, just funny how small minded some folks on here are.

Tell 'em striped coot

May 2, 2018, 1:48 PM

Re: Tell 'em striped coot

May 2, 2018, 1:53 PM

Coot. Original. Didn’t see that one coming at all. Unlike most of you dorks on here (except maybe 20%), I graduated from CU. Certainly appreciate the comedic relief while I eat lunch though.

Tell 'em striped coot

May 2, 2018, 1:57 PM

Re: Tell 'em striped coot

May 2, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell 'em striped coot ]

Name the "Twelve" coot?

Try telling that to the elite football recruits that keep flocking to Clemson

May 2, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

To think that our brand is not among the most recognizable in CFB right now is denial at best and blatant bias at worst. I don’t care how many shirts we sell at a stupid Wal Mart. We don’t even have the most fans in our state but our brand is nationally recognized right now whether you like it or not. I know you joined right before we smacked down the Buckeyes. I’m sorry we keep hurting your feelings like this but trolling our site won’t change anything so you might as well deal with it.

May 3, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

Ahem...you might need to start getting out more yourself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626018-10-college-football-brands-that-wont-ever-need-a-redesign#slide2
#1 of 10: Alabama....#2 of 10: Clemson

10 Best College Football Brands according to RECRUITS:
https://thespun.com/college-football/the-10-best-college-football-brands-according-to-recruits
http://picksixpreviews.com/how_to_win_in_recruiting.html

#1: Clemson
Bama #19...

You were saying, coot??

I need to read through the posts more I suppose

May 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

to see that you had already made him look foolish. Good job.

I see you are not a business major

May 3, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

If so, maybe return the degree...

There is a difference between brand and value. While value can be measured more objectively, brand is defined more accurately as to how well your brand helps you achieve your goals. Based on recent achievements and expectations, the Clemson brand is most definitely one of the top two brands in the country.

https://thespun.com/college-football/the-10-best-college-football-brands-according-to-recruits

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626018-10-college-football-brands-that-wont-ever-need-a-redesign#slide2

Maybe know what you are talking about before you present yourself as some sort of elitist prick, only proving to this online community that your 45% pulse is well-deserved.

May 3, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

The capon has spoken

May 2, 2018, 1:59 PM

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Wall-Street-Journal-College-footballs-most-valuable-programs-in-2018-116928967

“I’ll just leave this here for any Juan that wants to look”

Did I do it right, coot?

Good, now go back to your forearm workout in your mom’s basement.

31-0

May 2, 2018, 2:01 PM

Re: 31-0

May 2, 2018, 2:07 PM

Wow, two original jems in one day. How do you come up with this? It’s genius!

May 2, 2018, 2:09 PM

The article happened to have Urban on it. The point was Clemson isn’t in the top 20 most valuable programs. There certainly a connection with value and national popularity, which was the point of this thread. Or was it? Not sure anymore.

May 2, 2018, 2:23 PM

Value doesn't necessarily equate to national popularity. In fact, I believe it's the exception, not the rule. And some of the best examples are found right there in the article you referenced.

Washington: Good value, not popular east of the Mississippi.
Arkansas: Popular? Hardly.
Iowa: Known more for the Children's Hospital than for the current football program.
South Carolina: Seriously? I can't help but laugh at this one.
Nebraska: Hasn't been relevant since 1997.
Texas A&M: Yawn.
Tennessee: Yikes.
Texas: Huge state. Huge recruiting base. Huge money. Dumpster fire.

Just because a program has been around a long time and has a lot of money doesn't mean they're popular...even if they had a hugely successfuul run years ago (see Nebraska). I agree with the OP on this one. Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State are the only brands packing a punch nationally these days.

Jem? Genius!***

May 2, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: 31-0 ]

Re: Jem? Genius!***

May 2, 2018, 3:00 PM

My apologies. I was typing on my phone. Surly should have caught Jem, that’s embarrassing. My bad.

Where you went wrong was arguing with someone that

May 2, 2018, 4:43 PM

went with coot in their first rebuttal. Why go down that rabbit hole?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where you went wrong was arguing with someone that

May 2, 2018, 5:09 PM

Aerozeptallica, first of all great point and lesson learned. Secondly, outstanding name.

EEtigerstripe=marlborocountycoot

May 2, 2018, 8:15 PM

Where's Scout, Atticus?***

May 2, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Jem? Genius!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 2, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

He never mentioned "the value" of other programs. Yet the "more valuable teams" are all from significantly larger schools who are part of much more profitable Conferences or either have their own TV networks (ie, UT and ND). But it's undeniable that Clemson is one of the hottest programs in the country at this point in time. Which of those "more highly valued programs" have been to the playoffs 3 years consecutively? Which have won 10 or more games 7 years consecutively? None! Alabama and Clemson stand alone in the thing that matters most. They are the two hottest teams in College Football period. Georgia is gaining stature. Ohio State and Michigan are wanna be's. But neither have achieved what Clemson and Alabama have. That being said, why would Dabo want to follow the legend at Alabama for a measly few million dollars in salary? He's a wealthy man at this point. But wealth doesn't drive him. There is little chance Dabo leaves when Saban retires. Perhaps, as a previous responder said, after someone else has attempted to replace "Little Nicki" and been fired. But we're talking at least 8 to 10 years away cause Nick isn't finished by a long shot. He's got "small man syndrome" and he can't walk away from the power and prestige if he stays healthy. Plus, a new guy will get 3 years. So I commend you on how quickly you responded to a point no one was proving. Why not simply acknowledge the obvious, as the original author was doing. Or maybe you're just hypersensitive, like "Little Nicki." If that's the case, relax. You're among friends if you truly are a Clemson graduate. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 2:56 PM

Willie,
I appreciate your respectful reply. I agree with everything you said about Dabo. He's got no reason to go anywhere. He's got everything most any coach would want here at CU and there's nowhere to go but down following a legend, just as there will be for the next coach here. I was simply laughing at his statement about national brands as he quoted it. Now, onto your other comment about no one else being close.

I'm using Ohio State here because you mentioned them as "wanna be's". You do know that they have 6-7 Heisman winners (back when it meant something), dozens and dozens of conference championships and 8 National championships right? you know that they won the playoff first and if you doubled Clemson's title, they'd still only have half of OSU's. You also mentioned "10 wins in 7 consecutive years". We'll they've done it 6 in a row (2011 had an interim coach) and did it 8 of the 10 years before that. They have won more football games than Clemson since 2012 and had the same exact record last year. It gets pretty tiring listening to Clemson fans cling to the 31-0 game as if they've been doing this decade after decade.There are a couple other programs that are pretty dang impressive too that get absolutely trashed on here as well. That's all I'm trying to convey here.

I'm proud to be a Tiger and couldn't be more proud of who Dabo is and what he's accomplished here.
I hope and think he will stay till the end!

May 2, 2018, 4:19 PM

The media and refs gave Ohio state many championships just like Bama. Now they have to win on the field. Miami got beat by the refs in their championship game. It was over, but the ref across the field the pass interference flag.

May 2, 2018, 5:00 PM

Tigersnake, I hope you know I’m rolling my eyes. Typical ACC fan response.

“We’ve always wanted what they have, so we discredit how ridiculously good and consistent they’ve always been”

Then Clemson fans take it a step further and use the 31-0 game as a snap shot of who the two programs are historically. It was one game, name a single other accomplishment Clemson has achieved before Ohio State or Alabama did it....

Please don’t take this as a knock, because it’s not. I’m just realistic about how amazing Clemson has become instead of talking junk about teams we’ve always strived to compete with.

May 2, 2018, 7:48 PM

Please - someone shoot this dork! Your metrics are idiotic. Minnesota has more national championships than we do - are they a national brand? The Buckeyes, Bammer, the real USC, Okie, UT, etc...., created their persona when there were very few programs that had the chance to play for a national title. The Big 2/Little 8 produced either a Buckeye/Wolverine champion 90% of the time - same thing in the PAC 8 and the Big 8. If you did indeed graduate from our great university then you are an embarrassment to the PAW!!

May 2, 2018, 9:25 PM

Yea, someone shoot me for having an honest opinion! And I’m the one spewing idicricy...?

While I do aknowlege places like Minnesota have done most of their winning long ago in a different Era pre NCAA, the Buckeyes and Bama are not that. They won during the AP era, they won in the BCS era, and they are winning in the playoff era. If you can’t identify that, you should review your metrics, my friend.

By the way, excellent news. My boss loves what I do for the company, my wife and 4 kids respect and adore me, and I’m a devoted follower of Christ Jesus, so you’re opinion of how I reflect on our university is of zero importance to me. God bless.

EEtigerstripe = marlborocountycoot

May 3, 2018, 1:56 PM

Exact posts.

We’ve never strived to compete with OSU because we have never lost to them.

May 2, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

It’s obvious with your join date and your constant references to OSU that your are a buckeye fan. You’re probably living in the upstate and because you’re a buckeye fan you can’t stand our success being in your face all the time. I get it but get over it. Trolling TigerNet won’t change anything. It’s OK that you don’t like Clemson but your trolling is juvenile. How about giving up your handle and starting a new one with an OSU logo. Do like Classof09, AFdawg, Confessed Coot and some of these other guys that come on here. Yes you will still catch some flack from some people but you will also gain a lot more respect for not pretending to be something you’re not.

A lot of programs make more money. That’s not the point.***

May 2, 2018, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

Re: A lot of programs make more money. That’s not the point.***

May 2, 2018, 8:02 PM

As an SAT tutor in SC I also tutor a kid in Connecticut and he said that 30 kids from his high school applied to Clemson this year. That's incredible!

May 3, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

http://picksixpreviews.com/how_to_win_in_recruiting.html

Might want to keep your day job, coot.

May 3, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Dabo isn't taking Sabans job...it's simple. ]

" valuable based on revenue" isn't the same as brand (as you'll see a chart below with both on it)...and he did say BRAND, not which team gets the most revenue value. See links above, and if you "value" yourself any sort of Clemson fan (which I'm doubting you are), be proud that recruits (which is where brand matters the most) view Clemson as the #1 BRAND in the current day college sports world. And that's from THIS year right after the 2017 recuiting.

May 2, 2018, 4:38 PM

The University that invented the Toothbrush rather than a TEETHBRUSH will be bruised, battered and humiliated by Clemson over the next 20 years...And then Dabo will take over as AD and hand pick the next coach...and we will rinse and repeat...I should live so long...but i will try.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh,

May 2, 2018, 4:51 PM

"I'll be at Clemson until they run me off." -Dabo paraphrased.

If you guys want to see him run off just keep posting about whether or not he will go to Bama when Saban retires. Such post on Tnet which is Clemson's best fan site will be read by recruits and their families. When the talent quits coming you'll be the blame.

I believe Saban will retire and we'll never hear a peep about Dabo being contacted from the media. I don't think Alabama would let anyone find out that Dabo wouldn't discuss the offer they gave him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic