Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who was more hyped Korey Foreman or Xavier Thomas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Who was more hyped Korey Foreman or Xavier Thomas?

Jan 27, 2020, 7:48 PM

Who's better ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who was more hyped Korey Foreman or Xavier Thomas?

Jan 27, 2020, 7:51 PM

KF

Jan 27, 2020, 7:56 PM

On to the OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 8:03 PM

Swamp people and their stupid questions.
Tigers are better.
Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 27, 2020, 8:05 PM

If XT redlines his engine and plays with passion the way KF does, he'll be a terror on offenses.

Something is up with him though. Maybe there is an injury they are keeping under wraps or he could just be one of those guys who (for whatever reason) doesn't go next-level when given the starting opportunity.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:12 PM

He admitted it'd been a tough year. Suspended first qtr in natty etc. Don't think it's injury related. This started in the summer. Hopefully he'll stay 4 years and become the leader we all know he can be.

Hate to speculate. Just going off his words and what's been reported.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 8:26 PM

Probably combination of things limited XT this year. I do think we’ll (hopefully) be able to go back to a 4-3 scheme and let the ends go hunting a bit more. This year, we mainly asked them to contain and let the linebackers and/or blitzing safety try to cause pressure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 8:38 PM

Excellent point! That could be a huge part of it.

Still, even when I noticed him going 1-on-1 outside with an OT, seemed like he never made a guy miss. He was always locked up.

^^ this. He’s been in

Jan 27, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Who was more hyped Korey Foreman or Xavier Thomas? ]

“Dabo’s doghouse” since the summer. Something is holding him back from his full potential.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^ this. He’s been in

Jan 27, 2020, 8:56 PM

“Dabo’s doghouse” since the summer. Something is holding him back from his full potential.

Could be injury! Or something else as you suggest. I have a sneaking suspicion he has a break out year this year! He will be draft eligible after this season and would likely move on if he has a good enough season. I don't know why in short; but let's hope it's just that he is still figuring it out. I hope it's not a play not to get hurt mentality!
Whatever it is - I think he breaks out this season and becomes that guy he showed flashes of his freshmen season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 9:02 PM

Its because we had to run a 3-4 due to not having the DT's and he had to set the edge and have a different role. He will be different next year.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:09 PM

Agreed.

It's crazy b/c I am a Panthers fan Carlsbad(I know, I know). But, the Panthers went to a 3-4 and Luke Kuechly was "at times" like a fish out of water operating in it. To the point he retired - j/k. But, I am hoping my favorite teams ditch the 3-4 until the right personnel is on the teams to run it the right way.

Clemson could have run a 3-3-5 last season and would have likely had similar results in the championship game. I will cheer and back 100% anything our coaches want to do. Just poking fun mostly at my Panthers who struggled with the 3/4.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes a guy is sooo talented

Jan 28, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^ this. He’s been in ]

that he is not DRIVEN to excel. He has gotten by on pure talent and he is not motivated to do more.

I am not saying that is the case with XT, but I have seen more than one very good player simply not work hard enough to become great.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Jan 27, 2020, 10:41 PM

Korey Foreman has incredible HS film and outperformed

Jan 28, 2020, 1:27 AM

Everyone including bresse at the opening.

He's a Chase young type of DE.

XT is a different type of player. Really solid who has certainly had a tough go but never had the film of Foreman.

Re: Korey Foreman has incredible HS film and outperformed

Jan 28, 2020, 6:36 AM

XT is an edge rusher. KF is all the above. XT will benefit greatly from having to be 1v1 instead of having to fight double teams. He doesn’t have the length that CF99 and AB7 had. He’s trying to use the bull rush too much. He has great initial burst off the line but his technique with other pass rushing techniques needs to be honed in more. Same with KJ5.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic