Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who supports BB now? And why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 3,390

Who supports BB now? And why?

Mar 15, 2017, 9:46 AM

Just want to hear the other side and why you still support him. Oakland an Horizon league beat a ACC school....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who supports BB now? And why?

Mar 15, 2017, 10:09 AM

Of course we support basketball. It's a major revenue sport. In the past we have had real success in the big dance with the right coach. Do we support keeping Brownell as coach? No way! After 7 years of mediocrity,it's time for a change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do.

Mar 15, 2017, 10:24 AM

Because he's our coach. If the AD chooses to retain him I will continue to support him. It's really that simple to me.

I know what decision I'd make, but it's not my decision to make. If he's still here then supporting him while hoping for eventual success is the role I play as a fan in my estimation.

If you're looking for a reasoned argument as to his success here... that I, sadly, do not have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC! ACC!***

Mar 15, 2017, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 15, 2017, 11:10 AM

When you say "support him", are you
1. asking who actually attends the games and pays $$$?
2. asking who will not speak about his lack of success?
3. asking who wants him to stay at CLEMSON forever?
4. asking who thinks he is a really good coach and recruits and develops players?

Since I can't say 'yes' to any of those questions, maybe you have a different question about CBB that I can say 'yes' to.

I do. He is the coach of the Clemson basketball team and I

Mar 15, 2017, 11:18 AM

will support him as long as he is. The AD will make the decision when the time comes to cut the ties. Hate the bandwagon fans.

Agree 100%***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

nope

Mar 15, 2017, 12:19 PM [ in reply to I do. He is the coach of the Clemson basketball team and I ]

bandwagon fans typically support a "dead man walking" and who has done absolutely nothing. yet, they think their unconditional support of said coach actually makes them a true fan. look no further than usuck.

again, for the seeing impaired - you support the school and the players. coaches come and go. supporting a coach blindly is exactly what usuck does.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I disagree. The bandwagon fan is the person who

Mar 15, 2017, 12:28 PM

Spends $320 on clemson nc gear but doesn't donate a nickel to IPTAY.

A true fan will support their team regardless of the outcome of sporting contests.

And yes scar fans are truefans. They put 80k people into William Brice to watch a team that hasn't really ever won anything.

Don't mistake fanmanship for the people on free Internet message boards. If you are truly upset with clemson athletics, call Clemson athletics with your iptay#. Voice your opinion in a forum that matters.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I disagree. The bandwagon fan is the person who

Mar 15, 2017, 1:11 PM

Close....the bandwagon fan is the one that jumps on when they're doing great!!! But at the first sign of trouble they're yelling and screaming that the coach sucks, the players suck, and then before you know it they're gone.

A true fan doesn't have to give one red cent to IPTAY. Hell, some of us don't have that kind of money. But we're diehard Clemson fans through it all.

Does Brownell deserve to be fired...who knows? You take away at least 2 last second shots and the season changes. You're looking at 19 wins. Maybe even a chance at the dance. Then who would want him fired? Purnell's #5 team blew an 18 point lead to #12 Villanova in the dance. Nobody called for his head.

The biggest question about replacing Brownell is this.... who would want this job? Who's better than him? And if you do find a "better" one, how long do they stay? I can tell you. If they read Tigernet..not long. All the experts and coaches on here are so much better then they'll ever be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think iptay would disagree with your assessment

Mar 15, 2017, 2:57 PM

Anyway..

There is no minimum limit on a donation to iptay. You donate to tnet but not iptay?

I certainly don't have "that kind of money" but I donate. I also do not have any national championship gear. No clemson flags on my car, no magnets. Talk about money. That champ hat is $30. You can get an iptay sticker for 2 hats.

Most of my clemson gear comes from the blood connection.

Re: I think iptay would disagree with your assessment

Mar 15, 2017, 4:03 PM

Haha. So people that wear championship gear, proudly displaying their teams achievements, aren't real fans because they don't donate to iptay? That's just majorly idiotic. Man you are so cool because you don't buy gear and donate 30 dollars to iptay. What a true fan you are.

And for the record, I donate to iptay and buy championship gear.

No.. I said iptay would disagree with that assessment

Mar 15, 2017, 7:30 PM

I'm sure they appreciate donors more than nondonors.

yes, I know I am a cool fan.

Btw, I don't give a turd what you do with your money.

Have a nice night

Re: No.. I said iptay would disagree with that assessment

Mar 16, 2017, 6:51 PM

I'm sure they do appreciate donors more. But with a daughter that is very into competitive bowling donating is not an option. Bowling balls run $200 a piece and her jerseys run a minimum of $85 each. Not to mention travel. Her trip to Indy cost us over $2000 last year. And that's not counting the 8 trips to Georgia. 7 to North Carolina. Or too many to count to other areas of SC. And cost of coaching. But it got her name out and as a sophomore she already has the interest of 11 colleges.

I support the Tigers by buying my single game tickets from their site when I can go. Which hasn't been for 3 years now in football and the Belmont game in basketball was my last. And I have never been to a baseball game. Thanks to the $30 I spent at Bi-Lo last week my daughter and I will be going to see them play Coastal Carolina in May.

As for donating to tigernet. Tigernet gives me this because I served in the military and I am extremely grateful.

As for anyone's opinion of my status as a fan... I really could care less. I only typed this because you made the comment about me donating to Tnet. Just wanted to show you that sometimes you shouldn't make an assumption about anyone's financial status just because they are on here.

Have a nice day!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after 7 years

Mar 15, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I disagree. The bandwagon fan is the person who ]

of futility - a fan, a donor, an alum, you name it, has a right and should voice dissatisfaction.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

No doubt. But that person , if they truly want change,

Mar 15, 2017, 2:58 PM

Should voice that opinion in a forum that can actually implement change.

Re: No doubt. But that person , if they truly want change,

Mar 15, 2017, 4:05 PM

Yeah. Why on Earth would people discuss this in a sports forum featuring the Clemson tigers. Weird. Just weird.

Nope, the bandwagon fans are the ones who show up

Mar 15, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to nope ]

when we win and don't when we aren't...#### them...The idiots who think all it takes is a coaching change are the coots, not the people who show up regardless...To support the program

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, the bandwagon fans are the ones who show up

Mar 15, 2017, 3:49 PM

i see what you're coming from shack, but his experiment has run its course. at some point you fish or cut bait. we are doing neither.

Re: Nope, the bandwagon fans are the ones who show up

Mar 15, 2017, 3:51 PM

Yep

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

You've already proven that you don't know what a bandwagon

Mar 15, 2017, 4:52 PM

fan is

Re: You've already proven that you don't know what a bandwagon

Mar 15, 2017, 5:06 PM

lol not even close to accurate.

that might be, but that doesn't entitle you to change the

Mar 15, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope, the bandwagon fans are the ones who show up ]

definition of Bandwagon Fan to fit your agenda

Re: that might be, but that doesn't entitle you to change the

Mar 15, 2017, 4:56 PM

i'm a yankee fan - don't care who manager is, as long as he is winning. that's his job - to show progress and win games. no one stops loving their school or their teams because of a coach. that's why clemson is bigger than any coach. period. and certainly with bb's track record, he deserves nothing from fans. do you have any idea of how much money he has garnered from this university? i'd be comfortable too

That's all well and good Clash, but that doesn't change the

Mar 15, 2017, 4:59 PM

definition of bandwagon fan

Re: That's all well and good Clash, but that doesn't change the

Mar 15, 2017, 5:08 PM

true - bandwagon fans only support when there teams are winning. that is true. what do we call fans that crave mediocrity and continue to defend a coach who has absolutely no clue as how to develop a program after 7 yrs and his lack of coaching ability cost us an ncaa tourney birth?? help me come up with a name for those fans. i need to know so i don't sit next to them at lj or dv. they like participation ribbons and say silly things to a coach like "you're a nice guy! we'll get em next time!" i was trying to be nice.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:13 PM [ in reply to That's all well and good Clash, but that doesn't change the ]

You seem to not know what a bandwagon fan is...

A bandwagon fan wouldnt even be here talking about Baseball they would be waiting on the team to get better before even caring.

Right now it appears me and clash still very much care about Clemson basketball hence why we wnat to see it BETTER. That would make us anything but bandwagon fans. Being a fan of Clemson bball right now in its current situation is far away from being a bandwagon situation.

You putting your head in the sand is worse than being a bandwagon fan it is an enabler for mediocrity and poor play. You care more about the feelings of a man being PAID to be at Clemson than you do for the young men who chose to play here. they deserve the best coaching possible and they are not getting it.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:16 PM

that was nicely put

baseball score!!!

Mar 15, 2017, 5:43 PM

Thx go tigers heading home now!

too bad it's not applicable to me***

Mar 15, 2017, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: That's all well and good Clash, but that doesn't change the ]

Why do you think I give a rat's a$$ about any coaches

Mar 15, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: That's all well and good Clash, but that doesn't change the ]

feelings? You can project all the BS on me you want to,doesn't make it true... doesn't change the definition of bandwagon fan

Re: Why do you think I give a rat's a$$ about any coaches

Mar 15, 2017, 7:23 PM

You are correct the definition doesn't change. Maybe one day you will learn it.

maybe some day you will learn to use it correctly in a

Mar 15, 2017, 7:29 PM

sentence...since you couldn't this time

anytime you want to link to a post where I mention ANY

Mar 15, 2017, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do you think I give a rat's a$$ about any coaches ]

coaches feelings...I'll be waiting liar

You need new dictionary. All of your climbing on and

Mar 15, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to nope ]

falling off the wagon has scrambled your brain.

Re: You need new dictionary. All of your climbing on and

Mar 15, 2017, 3:47 PM

i'll make it easy for you sunshine - normal fans support their team. coaches are a dime a dozen. we should get you a "support bra" for your blindness. you clearly have bumped your head because i'm not one of the "very few" minions that cannot see the forest for the trees. btw, there's a tree staring at you - do you see it??

Re: You need new dictionary. All of your climbing on and

Mar 15, 2017, 3:52 PM [ in reply to You need new dictionary. All of your climbing on and ]

and i bet you've never played a competitive sport

Wrong on all counts, snowflake. End of discussion.***

Mar 15, 2017, 4:01 PM

i made her mad

Mar 15, 2017, 4:04 PM

you may take your barbies and go home now

Re: Wrong on all counts, snowflake. End of discussion.***

Mar 15, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Wrong on all counts, snowflake. End of discussion.*** ]

SMH @ calling clash a snowflake...

Being done with a man who has made Millions from a University I love does not make me a bandwagon fan.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

Mar 15, 2017, 4:12 PM

they act like no one supported bb for years. its ridiculous

Mar 15, 2017, 5:13 PM

Yea no #### I have been called Mrs Brownell and other #### over the past several years!

If anyone still cares about Clemson basketball

Mar 15, 2017, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I do. He is the coach of the Clemson basketball team and I ]

They are not a bandwagon fan. Wanting a change or supporting the current coach doesn't make you better than any other fan. The ones on this site still talking about this obviously care about the program.

I do...because he is the head coach @clemson

Mar 15, 2017, 12:09 PM

And I am a clemson graduate/iptay member.

Mar 15, 2017, 12:26 PM

If CBB stays what in the world will he have to say at Prowl N Growls?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 7:44 PM

What will be said to him from upset Iptay members?

I support Clemson Basketball, like I have for 40+ years, and

Mar 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

like I will for the next 40+, God Willing...I have yet to allow a HC to be the determining factor in whether or not I attend games and I don't see that ever changing

I have the same attitude. I support Clemson and

Mar 15, 2017, 3:47 PM

that isn't turned on and off by any coach.

I support all the BBs Seth Beer can get.

Mar 15, 2017, 6:56 PM

Any way he can get on base is fine with me.

I'm not an iptay member. Am I a bandwagon fan?

Mar 15, 2017, 7:38 PM

Really need to have guides.

Re: I'm not an iptay member. Am I a bandwagon fan?

Mar 15, 2017, 7:45 PM

Do you wear a basketball jersey?

Replies: 50
| visibility 3,390
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic