Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who remembers "Bobo"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Who remembers "Bobo"?

Mar 21, 2018, 11:24 PM

Wonder if he's proud of the Tigers these days

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who remembers "Bobo"?

Mar 21, 2018, 11:29 PM

What about Pasha Baines? He’s the CJ Spiller of the basketball program. He “built this”. Don’t ever forget.

Mar 22, 2018, 7:01 AM

Milton Jennings built the foundation.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont knock Milton Mickey Ds star.

Mar 22, 2018, 7:28 AM

Milton was a McDs All American but he when he got here he was more of a 4am Taco Bell special mention.

Him and little Book were 2 of the laziest players I can think of. Don't know if they stayed on cloud nine or what but d@mn.

If Purnell did not use the team for 40 mins of 40yrd shuttles and played X's and O's, maybe some zone, etc... we would have been a little harder to get ready for. But if a team could break a press we were done. I don't think Purnell won a first round tourney game here.

But I do remember one game where he made a frickin beautiful adjustment. It was against Va tech and we were down 20+ so Purnell, seemed like the first time, put the boys in a 3-2 zone or a 2-3 and tech looked like they never played ball before. We came back to win it and I thought man he has figured something out. But sadly no, though a lot of great wins and high flying dunks.
Seems like we went polar opposite with Brownell when it comes to adjustments and how the game is played. Brownell by far the better coach, Purnell by far the better recruiter. If we could put their coaching and recruiting together we'd be alright.

Still loving this year, got more ball to play! Amazing what is happening!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was one game against GT in the ACC Tournament

Mar 22, 2018, 8:52 AM

where GT ran the same press break for 40 minutes and got wide open layups all day. OP never made an adjustment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Catalin Baciu***

Mar 21, 2018, 11:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm actually headed to Romania in June for his wedding.

Mar 22, 2018, 12:02 AM

He's been doing well. Moved on from "U" Cluj Napoca to a team in Bucharest.

I remember he was 7+ FT.***

Mar 22, 2018, 12:21 AM

Mar 22, 2018, 10:33 AM

I didn't even realize Bobo liked Clemson...I thought he was a Mets fan.

How could we forget him?

Mar 22, 2018, 10:37 AM

Nobody forgets the "Bobo."

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic