Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is the bad apple?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Who is the bad apple?

May 15, 2019, 2:12 PM

Many have said that KB and Feaster among others are getting some really bad advice. I can't help but think that it's someone who has exposure to our players and has an axe to grind with Dabo/the program. A certain QB "guru" based out of Greenville who is a former N.C. State QB?? A certain former Free Safety (Eilo Pyrexx on Twitter) who gave up his last year of eligibility to go undrafted???

Or is it just the me-first, I'm gonna take my ball and go home mentality that is ruining society in general??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what world did KB get bad advice?

May 15, 2019, 2:17 PM

The only thing he did wrong was saying he didn’t get a fair shake on the way out. Transferring was the only way he was going to get playing time. And he would’ve gone in when Trevor got hurt against Syracuse and burned his chance at a redshirt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In what world did KB get bad advice?

May 15, 2019, 2:23 PM

Not necessarily that he decided to transfer but advice as far as the way he conducted himself by speaking with The Greenville News, saying it was a "slap in the face", not returning Dabo's phone calls, not being a man and speaking face to face with him, and just an overall lack of any self awareness that he was even in the same stratosphere as TL16. I could go on.

Please, do not "go on"

May 15, 2019, 2:34 PM

and just stop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don’t think that’s what you originally meant but I’ll bite anyway

May 15, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: In what world did KB get bad advice? ]

Do you actually think someone advised him to give that interview and say those things? To me, it’s a pretty clear case of a guy losing the most important job he’s had up to that point in his life and something he spent 3.5 years working toward (and a pretty successful first year on the job) and having his feelings hurt by that and reacting out of anger/sadness. I would’ve handled it differently but I’m also an adult (most of the time) and not still a kid.

Re: I don’t think that’s what you originally meant but I’ll bite anyway

May 15, 2019, 3:54 PM

First of all, I don't particularly get that much validation on what you think. Secondly, don't pull the "kid" card. There are thousands of people 3-4 years younger than him currently deployed that don't have the option of acting like a "kid" due to adverse circumstances. I posted a question and an opinion on of all things an opinion based message board. It was not intended as a casted lure, troll attempt, or whatever other metaphor metaphor you would like to use. If you bit then that is your decision and inability to participate in a grown up discussion without getting triggered. Have a nice day.

Lol I’m the triggered one? Sure buddy

May 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

And yes let’s compared those serving in the military (who are still kids as well) to college football players, seems reasonable.

I get you posed a question but you lumped 3 people in different circumstances together and said they all got bad advice when you have no idea what the situation for any of them are.

Kelly’s only move was to transfer if he wanted to continue playing QB in college and maybe be able to make a living after his eligibility expired. Would love to see every decision you made at 21 played out in the public eye and see how it goes for you.

Feaster wasn’t going to get enough carries this year to show he has the durability necessary for the NFL and he’d always be in ETN’s shadow with Lyn-J nipping at his heels.

Shaq I have no clue what the situation is or why he’s transferring as he likely would’ve been fighting’s Skalski for a starting role. But just because you or I don’t know the reason, doesn’t mean he’s getting bad advice.

Re: I don’t think that’s what you originally meant but I’ll bite anyway

May 15, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to I don’t think that’s what you originally meant but I’ll bite anyway ]

Call it what it was/is: a sense of entitlement-"the slap in the face" comment SCREAMED this

May 15, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: In what world did KB get bad advice? ]

When you have Maria Taylor on speed dial why bother w Dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

Maria liked her some Kelly B. She was all schoolgirl over him.

May 15, 2019, 10:38 PM

My take too, and no one was willing to play the “card” she was trying to force!

100%*

May 15, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: In what world did KB get bad advice? ]

100%

Ugh***

May 15, 2019, 3:19 PM

Re: Who is the bad apple?

May 15, 2019, 3:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 4:38 PM

No Bad Apples, just players
with lack of ability to make the first team.

could be one of these guys

May 15, 2019, 4:39 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: could be one of these guys

May 15, 2019, 9:22 PM

They look like clones! Are they clones?

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: could be one of these guys

May 16, 2019, 10:51 AM [ in reply to could be one of these guys ]

"This is my new haircut. Me and all my boys....we all got the same haircut."

May 15, 2019, 9:44 PM

You think to much

I don’t think they got bad advice.

May 15, 2019, 10:20 PM

Assuming they want to play college football and get a chance to show what they can do.

Bryant wasn’t going to play much behind Trevor Lawrence, and Feaster wasn’t going to play much behind Etienne and possibly Dixon. While it would be great to have plenty of talented guys who are content being backups who get limited playing time, that isn’t realistic.

Guys like Bryant and Feaster believe they can play in the NFL, and want to showcase their talents. While I believe Clemson could help them get there, I also understand that these guys are competitors and want to play.

Honestly, given all of that, do you blame them for transferring?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 16, 2019, 10:10 AM

They are graduating or have graduated. They are living their own lives how they choose. There is nothing wrong with their choices if that's what they want.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic