Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
White House Visit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

White House Visit.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:11 PM

A "friend" of mine was criticizing the team Wednesday night at church, saying none of the African American team members went to the White House in protest. I assured him Dabo would never allow that, but you know how that kind is. Please tell me there was " no protest" and the entire team visited the White House.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: White House Visit.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:17 PM

Sigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:26 PM

Some African American players were on the visit, but I don't know how many. I talked with the mother of a player who attended, and she said her son was glowing about the wonderful experience he and his teammates enjoyed. Enough said. If our players enjoyed the event, others' opinions have no importance.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 PM

rest assured that if there were ANY kind of protest by team members,we certainly would have heard about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2019, 11:58 PM

You are correct and I agree with you totally. However, Im looking for something sort off official so I can rebut in a convincing manner, which may be impossible in this case.

Jan 19, 2019, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: White House Visit. ]

Agreed!

Jan 19, 2019, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: White House Visit. ]

African American? We're really here dicing up our players by race??? For those of you stuck under the conservative umbrella, Trump has made it perfectly clear over the years that he does not view black people as equals. He settled a lawsuit for directing his staff to not rent his apartments to minorities and he made it clear during his campaign that he believes all black people live miserable lives, meanwhile, I make 6 figures, my parents and siblings do and we do not live on food stamps or in the projects #ClemsonGrad.

Bottom Line:. Dabo allowed our players to be used by Trump to support his agenda. Say what you want, I was all in favor for the students visiting the WH until I saw the fast food headlines. Dabo was more concerned about his image than our players.

If you disagree with me, tell me why Alabama visited the White House in April of 2018 but our Tigers had to go a week after the Ship in January... Trophy still warm from Santa Clara!!! Albeit, during a Government shutdown???

They can't afford a decent meal but they can afford to fly the team to DC??

It was all for Trump, all about Trump and Dabo did not protect our students.

I do not hate Trump, I think he's the same as Obama, Clinton and the Bush's. Trump just don't give AF.... Previous Presidents hide their filth, I respect Trump because he lays it out on the table.

However, when it comes to our college students, I draw the line. Dabo made us look like fools, all so he could enhance his brand. I love Dabo, but this was a bad move ... Think about it, why would we rush our White House visit??? Especially during a shutdown???

The media is already lying about Trevor, putting words in his mouth. This young man will be great, Dabo needs to do better and not put our players at the expense of a political agenda; Democrat or Republican.

Love y'all, Go Tigers!

You are wrong in nearly every single

Jan 19, 2019, 12:26 AM

word you typed. You are so wrong it's almost as if you're joking. Are you joking?

Jan 19, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: White House Visit. ]

Clemson spelled with a K tells me all I need to know.

Koot!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh FFS.***

Jan 19, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: White House Visit. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: White House Visit. ]

I love it! They pay for it! They pay for a bleak chance of trolling with impact because desperation and hate driven by blind rage.

As a wise man once said,

“I pitty da fool.”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is so much good going on at Clemson

Jan 18, 2019, 8:22 PM

Yet your friend has to manufacture a reason to criticize, while at church no less. Sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is so much good going on at Clemson

Jan 18, 2019, 11:53 PM

I agree totally. My associate was looking for something he could use as a criticism. That is why I wish I had a credible or official statement to prove him wrong. Unfortunately it's not Clemson he's against, his genetic makeup didn't mature as fast as he did and this caused ignorance in racial considerations

No response will satisfy someone with his problem

Jan 19, 2019, 3:15 PM

If I were you I'd forget it and let him stew in his own ignorance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:24 PM

Please tell me all coot trolls aren't as stupid as you.

Wait. You waited over 7 years for your first post and this is it??? Wow.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6%! Impressive, I TD just to see how low it can go!***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

It's Deja Coot all over again.***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 PM

Jan 18, 2019, 8:49 PM

Wait, the team visited the White House already? I haven't heard anything about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2019, 12:08 AM

Neither have I but those who want to criticize will nearly always find a way to do it, and he did unfortunately.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:58 PM

Go away troll....,,, Roll Tigers!!!!!!

Neither of you were there to count the players attending?

Jan 18, 2019, 9:02 PM

How sad. Now you are just a gossip.

HTH

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

do you start at 6%?***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Your friend is an asshat***

Jan 18, 2019, 11:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 11:17 PM

Go back over all the posts from a week ago and you can find out all you want to know....

Summary:

There were no official numbers on how many players went nor the ethnicity of those who went and those who did not.

There was no word of a protest. There were a lot of commitments on Monday, including school.

Some people thought the fast food was a good choice, some people did not.

Some folks supported the visit, some did not.

Dabo gave a great speech on gratitude.

Since Dabo does not own the players he cannot tell them what to do, especially those who have already graduated or completed their football careers at Clemson.

Jan 19, 2019, 12:17 AM

I’ve experienced 3 championships at the national level in my lifetime. You will experience none in yours! Lol

One report said about 75 players attended, and there were

Jan 19, 2019, 1:10 AM

photos showing black players in attendance, so your "friend" is wrong!

Jan 19, 2019, 1:17 AM

Prior to the 2017 visit, I believe Dabo said he left it up to the individual players as to whether or not they would attend. I assume the same applied to 2019.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 19, 2019, 3:24 PM

Here is what we know. In the 125 year history of the UofSCoots football program, none of their white or black or brown players have visited the White House to celebrate a National Championship. As for Clemson, we don’t have white or black players...we just have players

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic